cant taste flavor of eliquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazzjv123

Sep 28, 2013
United States
I've been vaping for a couple of months now. My liquids are 80pg 20vg 2mg nicotine. I started out with 12mg nicotine now down to 2mg. I have a kanger protank2, i tried the igo-w and still cant taste my flavors cinnamon, lemonade, orange etc. Whats going on? Has this happened to anyone? Ive cleaned tank and put new coils. I dont understand whats going on. I love vaping. Please advise....

ECURiley

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
make sure you are drinking a lot of water, this helps wash down the mess that the vapor leaves in your mouth, sometimes if you use a menthol flavor it will cleanse your pallet. also keep in mind on the age of your liquids, some liquids lose their flavor overtime and one day you pick it up and think something is wrong with yourself or your equipment.

kranjo

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Varazdin, Croatia
When i first started vaping i could taste my flavors now i've tried not vaping for a day or two, changing flavors, and even went back to analogs (not as heavy as i was before vaping). Why cant i taste my flavors. Should change the pg/vg % should i increase my nic level from 2 back to 12? What can i do? Please advise.

Verry soon you will be heavier than before, trust me, i have stoped smoking several times for 2-3 months, and everytime I started again in the end I smoked much more than before. Then I discovered Vaping :headbang:

What device do you use? Why drop nicotine? Did you tried with new coil? When I used only eRoll I always cheated with analogs, but since I changed to ego and later on rebuildable there is no way I will try analog ever again.

Tons of wapor, tons of flavor ...

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
See the numerous threads about Vaper's Tongue. Basically it can last for a few days. Drink plenty of water, be sure to brush, floss, and rinse your teeth on a daily basis. Don't worry about the flavor too much for a bit....just vape and let the throat hits get you through until you can taste and enjoy it again. It happens to me all the time.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Happend to me too. This is what i did.

Increase daily water intake.

Before vaping rinse with mouthwash.
Drink some coffee or soda before vaping.

Worked for me, i would either have no flavor or burnt taste. It was awful. It didnt last long for me but all of the above helped a ton.
At first i thought it was my clearos so i bought 5 different tyoes and when that didnt help i started experimenting and found that one vapor dehydrates your mouth and mouthwash, coffee and soda seem to neutralize your tastebuds somehow.

Regardless it went away in less than two weeks.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread