Can't unscrew my Zeus Dual RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stianax

Nov 28, 2018
Norway
My Zeus Dual rta is stuck and I can't take it apart to change cotton/coil. I've never had this problem before and I've tried soaking it in hot water, having it in the freezer for up to 15 minutes and using rubber gloves/rubber bands to help with grip. It has gotten stuck on my mod a few times but I've been able to solve that with rubber gloves and one time duct tape. Can someone plese help before I break the glass to screw it apart. The glass is misty because of the warm water and the paint is falling off from my attempts

Attachments

• 46830921_210381836526486_8470291680900153344_n.jpg
    46830921_210381836526486_8470291680900153344_n.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 472
  • 47018869_2335465239800004_1733504055419863040_n.jpg
    47018869_2335465239800004_1733504055419863040_n.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 426
  • 47062097_324178181741515_8972126633406234624_n.jpg
    47062097_324178181741515_8972126633406234624_n.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 418

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I have a vape tweezer tool that helps me with stuck tanks-
shopping

These work really well and not expensive-
Do you have an old beater mod- maybe try unscrewing the tank on an old mod- I use one for leverage with rubber gloves on, but I use my vape tweezers.
I have bottom air flow tanks that I stick a small allen wrench through the air vents for leverage- not sure if you could do this with your top air flow tank.But you may be able to loosen enough to get the glass off from the top?
Good luck- it helps to lube the orings with eliquid before screwing together.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I have no experience with this problem, but I know that one thing that can help with stuck lids is to insert a thin piece of metal between the jar and the lid and then rock it back and forth. This breaks the seal and lets you unscrew the lid normally. Something similar might work here (although of course you'd want to use something tipped with a nonconducting material).

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I have a vape tweezer tool that helps me with stuck tanks-
shopping

These work really well and not expensive-
Do you have an old beater mod- maybe try unscrewing the tank on an old mod- I use one for leverage with rubber gloves on, but I use my vape tweezers.
I have bottom air flow tanks that I stick a small allen wrench through the air vents for leverage- not sure if you could do this with your top air flow tank.But you may be able to loosen enough to get the glass off from the top?
Good luck- it helps to lube the orings with eliquid before screwing together.

I got a pack of 2 for just a couple of dollars on Amazon. I use it almost daily for one reason or another.

Reactions: SnapDragon NY

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I got a pack of 2 for just a couple of dollars on Amazon. I use it almost daily for one reason or another.

Gawd I hate that the X is next to Agree!!!

Yes the entire device is useful. I don’t need to take my coil kit out every time I change my wicks. I just use the tweezer end to push the rayon into place and also to strum the coil to get any hot spots out. Annnnd lol one tweezer arm will fit into a coil if I need to reset it’s position.

It really is a great tool.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Whatever you do - don't use steel tools with considerable leverage and/or clamping forces, that has great potential to permanently deform your atomizer and if unlucky rendering it completely useless.
The plastic tool shown above seems like a good alternative, still use with caution since some atomizers have parts made of steel (or worse metal) sheet.

If you can produce strong vibrations (I won't ask how ;)) that can also be useful in loosening things up to the point they can be moved again.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Gawd I hate that the X is next to Agree!!!

Yes the entire device is useful. I don’t need to take my coil kit out every time I change my wicks. I just use the tweezer end to push the rayon into place and also to strum the coil to get any hot spots out. Annnnd lol one tweezer arm will fit into a coil if I need to reset it’s position.

It really is a great tool.

I knew it had to be an mistake! LOL! You are so sweet!
I agree with you on the Vape Tweezers- it is always on my counter and is used daily! I don't know if I have weak hands and grip or tanks seem like they are glued together and I cannot get many apart unless I use this tool!
Same for me with wicking and strumming coils, the ceramic tips are really nice too.
Best $2.00 I have spent- this tool really works.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Can someone plese help before I break the glass to screw it apart.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to approach detachment by trying a penetrating oil like Liquid Wrench. Soak threads and wait and wait an hour or so. Reapply - for two applications and see if it works. Lightly tapping the unit (Fork,butter knife handle) may also help fluid penetrate into threads. Turning counter clock wise should loosen, suggest you confirm turn loosen direction with a vendor.
Could fill in your location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
My Zeus Dual RTA is stuck and I can't take it apart to change cotton/coil. I've never had this problem before and I've tried soaking it in hot water, having it in the freezer for up to 15 minutes and using rubber gloves/rubber bands to help with grip. It has gotten stuck on my mod a few times but I've been able to solve that with rubber gloves and one time duct tape. Can someone plese help before I break the glass to screw it apart. The glass is misty because of the warm water and the paint is falling off from my attempts
How'd you make out?

Reactions: Stianax

phill_nz

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2018
i started using food grade lanolin grease on all my threads for this exact problem
seems everything works well for a few dozen times then gets harder and harder
its food grade but stinks if you burn it so just the tiniest amount and not near places the juice can touch it
i had to use vice grips with toweling over the jaws a few times on my tanks before i greased them
i got lucky and no marks or scratches so far

Stianax

Nov 28, 2018
Norway
Hey, thank you for all your replies, I'm sorry for not being more active and answering but I've read all your tips and thank you, I tried those I could, but nothing helped so I took it to my local vape shop and they tried with one of the gripping tweezers but it didn't work either.

They told me to try to leave it in the freezer over night, and I kept it there all weekend and it still didn't move.
I ended up with breaking the glass, because nothing else worked, and that finally worked. Thankfully I had a spare glass. Again thank you for your sugestions. I stayed away from a lot of tools because I was afraid of ruining my tank. I did clean all the glass away and clean my entire tank before using.

Reactions: SnapDragon NY

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Hey, thank you for all your replies, I'm sorry for not being more active and answering but I've read all your tips and thank you, I tried those I could, but nothing helped so I took it to my local vape shop and they tried with one of the gripping tweezers but it didn't work either.

They told me to try to leave it in the freezer over night, and I kept it there all weekend and it still didn't move.
I ended up with breaking the glass, because nothing else worked, and that finally worked. Thankfully I had a spare glass. Again thank you for your sugestions. I stayed away from a lot of tools because I was afraid of ruining my tank. I did clean all the glass away and clean my entire tank before using.

Well at least you got the tank apart-
you may want to order some replacement glass. just in case! These will take a while to get, so a good idea to get some to have on hand.
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9660031

https://www.fasttech.com/p/9670937

Stianax

Nov 28, 2018
Norway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread