Can't unscrew tank on vape for the life of me!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatIrishGamerHD

Apr 23, 2016
So I got my new coil and was vaping again but I must have over tightened the tank when screwing it on.Now it's time for a refill and I can't get this stupid tank apart.I have tried rubber gloves and I put it in the freezer for 10 minutes too but it won't budge.

Please help,I've almost given up,and no I don't have rubber bands.
I added a picture of the tank and as you can see there is almost nothing to grip onto to unscrew it Untitled-1.jpg

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
A couple of different avenues you can try. Try soaking in very hot water to see if that will loosen the vacuum seal created by the dry tank(try not to ever vape it dry) or
Soak the tank in vodka or alcohol. That will take longer tho but it will help to dissolve the eliquid that is creating the vapor lock.

:)

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Channel lock pliers.

(This is from an owner of multiple Nautilus tanks)

:facepalm:

Yep lets Ruin the finish in Hopes............................

I have Stuck/Tight tank issues all the time.

Good Grip gloves will work 100%.
If you cannot open with Grip Gloves.....................Hand the Gloves and Tank to someone with a stronger set of arms.
Again - they work!
You rest the tank sections between Thumb and first finger, in the web, for maximum grip.

Katcandoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Georgia , USA
Happens to me all the time. I keep a pair of pliers and one of those flat rubber grippy jar opener things on hand. If you don't have a flat rubber grippy jar opener thing, a rubber band wound tightly on the base will work. Hold onto the base with whatever rubber thing you have, and use the pliers to (gently!) unscrew the top. Good luck!!!

Edited: I now see you have no rubber bands. Two pair of pliers rotated in different directions have worked for me in a pinch.

Reactions: Falconeer

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Put it down. Go and have a drink. Come back and try again.
Sometimes it's just a case of applying even pressure when turning it.
Then go and invest in some vape bands.
(In four years i've had to break 2 atomisers because they simply wouldn't unscrew. There is no magic way of loosening threads if the threads are poor to begin with).
Good luck.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Put it in the freezer 10 - 15 min and rubber gloves / rubber mat like the bottom of your mouse pad
Thanks!

I used an old mouse pad on 2 of my Nautilus tanks that were impossible to open. Even channel locks didn't work. Mouse pad? Worked on both in a couple of seconds!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
w/out juice can't air get through the juice holes??

As you vape down the e-liquid, the pressure rises within the tank. There is always a little bit of ejuice around the seals of the tank and it creates that vacuum. Breaking that vacuum without breaking the tank is the goal. Does this help?

Reactions: daviedog

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I do sometimes wonder if threads such as this are posted just to enjoy waiting for the obvious answer, which i have no doubt everyone knows already. Which i'm going to type anyway.

Get a 1mm hex key, feed it in one air hole and out the other, then use that as a lever.

If this is a genuine problem then i feel the need to add that it doesn't absolutely have to be a hex key, and it doesn't need to be 1mm either.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
As you vape down the e-liquid, the pressure rises within the tank. There is always a little bit of ejuice around the seals of the tank and it creates that vacuum. Breaking that vacuum without breaking the tank is the goal. Does this help?

Unrealistic assumption - Tank operates on Negative pressure, not positive.
Positive pressure would push all the liquid out.
Tanks are NOT 100$ sealed. open routing is through the Wick material which can resist, bot does NOT Vacuum seal the tank.

Dried Sugars acting on seals
Dry Seals - Not lubricated properly before assembling
Over tightening
Are the main causes of Stuck tank sections.

Freezing Contracts parts at different rates easing separation.
Heat application expands parts at different rates easing separation.

Gripping material increase Hold allowing more torque pressure, Easing Separation.

;)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Not sure if this actually helps but sometimes my kayfun is hard to get apart. If I take the drip tip off and run hot water down there and around the tank, it seems to release easier with just a damp paper towel. I start with a dry paper towel but the water that is coming off the tank dampens it just enough.

I hope you get this off for your sake! Nothing more frustrating. :(

Well on second thought, there are but I don't want to depress people. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread