Can't use Ekowool in my KangerTech EVOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Okay check this out (sorry it's so long), I can put the twisted silica wick (2mm) with 5 wraps of 32AWG in my Evod and put a 2mm flavor wick on top of the coil and I can vape at any angle and no juice will come through the mouthpiece but it doesn't have full flavor. This is while using a Joyetech 650mAh Twist battery running it at 3.6 volts.

Now, I have tried 2mm, 1.5mm and 1mm Ekowool with 5 wraps of 32AWG on all those sizes of Ekowool and I have used a flavor wick of Ekowool and I have also tried a silica flavor wick. The flavor from the Ekowool is awesome but when I use it ejuice will always come up and out of the mouthpiece. I hate it that it does this because I want to use the Ekowool because it tastes soooo much better but I can't stand getting mouthfuls of ejuice. I have to run my volts at 4.0 to get a lot of vapor and to get the sizzle sound. I have also put the little white caps butted up against each other with the silica and the Ekowool and I think the flavor wick and the butted up white caps helps a lot to stop the leaking with the plain nasty tasting silica wick but it doesn't help at all with the Ekowool wick.

Now when I used the 2mm or 1.5mm Ekowool It was really hard to get air flow through them so tonight I used the 1mm Ekowool and at 4.0 volts it worked awesome. Massive vapor clouds and awesome taste but the juice is being pulled up through the mouthpiece and I can't stand it.

Does anyone know of something else I can try to stop the juice from coming up/down the mouthpiece?

When I was using the plain silica wick I could lay down on my back on my bed and hold my vaping system completely upside down and not have to worry about any ejuice leaking and getting into my mouth.

What I think the problem is is that the Ekowool is sucking up a lot of juice and it's got no where to go except out of the mouthpiece and when I'm vaping the mouthpiece acts like a straw and it goes into my mouth and I have è!k threw up about 5 times ý of this crazy problem. Please someone help.

I have used the same juice with both kinds of wick and I get a 1.9ohm with the Ekowool and about a 2.2ohm with the silica wick but for some reason I have to crank my battery up to 4.0 volts while using the Ekowool.

Man I wish I could fix the Ekowool from pouring juice into my mouth cause it has a way better taste than the old silica wick does.

What can I do to fix this? I want to use the Ekowool but without the ejuice coming up and out the mouthpiece and into my mouth..... yuck!

Thanks for any help you can give me to fix this.

Last edited:

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Okay I got an answer, which was I need to wrap my coils tighter. I have done that but I was told by someone on youtube to not wrap them so tight because I would choke off the ejuice flow in the center of the Ekowool (you know it's hollow). So is that true?
I guess I will wrap the coils super tight next time. I just hate wasting supplies. Vaping is costing me more than Analog smoking.... :/

HappiVappi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Altamonte Springs, FL, USA
Ekowool is silica. It is just braided. That's all there is to it. Try a micro coil and cotton instead. You will never go back to any silica wick. If you get juice in your mouth, your device is flooded, which usually points to some sort of airflow issue.
If you have the proper mix of juice, heat and air - you have the perfect vape.

Cheers.

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Yeah I did a really tight coil around some wet Ekowool with a long very thin needle inside the Ekowool and it looks like it's working. I used distilled water to keep the wick wet. It's working pretty good now. Yeah I thought about the cotton but read somewhere that it really doesn't last long and the way I vape I need something that can handle the heat... LOL

Thanks all for the help.

I know, how could Ekowool be hair? It would burn up in a flash and taste nasty! Some guy from gotvapes.com told me it was made from hair and hair is nasty! Can you believe that?!

HappiVappi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Altamonte Springs, FL, USA
No offense, but you should do some serious research...wool is much less flammable than cotton, which itself is much less flammable than silica aka Ekowool. Any atomizer going up into flames can only happen if the wick runs dry and you ignore the bad taste and keep firing the button...
You are wrong thinking that cotton is lasting less long than silica. It's not the wick that wears out, it's the coil... over time the gunk buildup decreases the heat to atomize the liquid and starts smoldering the wick...
The beauty about using cotton is this: once a week, I open the EVOD, pull the cotton out, dry burn the coil, feed a stand of cotton through. Done. Takes less than a minute. It'd you are careful handling the coil it might last many months. All other type of wicks require building new coil.

Cheers

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread