CAP Vanilla Custard v1 - Tasting funky

Status
Not open for further replies.

whosrandy

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Hey fellas,

When I first used CVC, it was delicious in Grant's mix - 15%/2% with Dulce de Leche. Now, the more I drip and let Vanilla Custard age in other recipes, I'm getting a bitter, almost puke like taste in my mixes. Inhale is gross, exhale isn't much better. I usually don't go higher than like 12% and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Am I just sensitive to the stuff? I mix it with other standard dessert flavors, french vanilla, caramel, cinnamon danish, etc... at lower %'s. Total flavor %, everything added up, is no greater than 25%. I'm thinking I may need to drop it down considerably. Too strong.

I have several small bottles of it from Wizard Labs. I've gone through about 2 of them.

Maybe a bad batch? Or have my tastes changed or does steeping really add bitterness to it?

It lacks that creaminess and sweetness that it had before

Last edited:

whosrandy

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
I've had the same problem with caps vc I got from bull city I tried making grants vc as you mentioned and its horride compared to how I've made it before its almost like burnt flavor its definetly not caps vc as I remembered it to be

NO kidding. Maybe they stealthily changed the recipe :\ Damnit man. That's not good. I agree it has a burnt, almost pukey, nasty bitter taste to it now after plenty of steep time. I'm going to give it more time.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Have you all tried the Capella Custard v2? In some ways what is being reported looks to be comments related to butryic acid (what is in the v2 and in vomit! LOL). Too much of that stuff and there will be a rancid quality. I recently have had an issue with a bottle of flavoring and that bottle was a re-bottle, so the possibility remains that something happened on the re-seller side (but not about Capella); though there is more than one comment here and about more than one re-seller to totally chalk it up to second-hand mishaps.

Last edited:
Have you all tried the Capella Custard v2? In some ways what is being reported looks to be comments related to butryic acid (what is in the v2 and in vomit! LOL). Too much of that stuff and there will be a rancid quality. I recently have had an issue with a bottle of flavoring and that bottle was a re-bottle, so the possibility remains that something happened on the re-seller side (but not about Capella); though there is more than one comment here and about more than one re-seller to totally chalk it up to second-hand mishaps.

I have sent a message to Bull City and they replied it was capella VC. But it was rebottled with just vanilla custard on the label without capella on it. It made me wonder if it really was capella or something else.

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
NO kidding. Maybe they stealthily changed the recipe :\ Damnit man. That's not good. I agree it has a burnt, almost pukey, nasty bitter taste to it now after plenty of steep time. I'm going to give it more time.

I was wondering if yours was rebottled with just vanilla custard on the label without capella on it like JL's was?

IMG_20141128_105536419.jpg
This is the color difference.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
View attachment 392648
This is the color difference.

That smaller bottle looks like it's old stock or completely the wrong flavoring. My 4oz bottle that I just ordered from RTS which has the capalla manufactures lable on it looks just like your 4oz bottle as far as color goes. Mine is v.1

IMG_20141128_122623_292.jpg

I haven't opened this new bottle yet. Still finishing my last bottle but the color on my old stuff which is at least 9 months old is the same as the new stuff..

I'm wondering if you guys are getting the v2 sent to you instead of the v1.

Last edited:
That smaller bottle looks like it's old stock or completely the wrong flavoring. My 4oz bottle that I just ordered from RTS which has the capalla manufactures lable on it looks just like your 4oz bottle as far as color goes. Mine is v.1

View attachment 392653

I haven't opened this new bottle yet. Still finishing my last bottle but the color on my old stuff which is at least 9 months old is the same as the new stuff..

I'm wondering if you guys are getting the v2 sent to you instead of the v1.

Yes they are both v1 supposedly...

I've just ordered a 4oz bottle straight from capella and made a new bottle of gvc from my bull city concentrate and will report back any difference in about a week.

I've made and tested the vc from Capella and bull city and they do taste the same. The BC vc steeped over a week and tasted better than the fresh one. When I ordered from Capella they ask what you're using it for food/e-liquid I chose e-liquid, maybe the food has the bad stuff in it to inhale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread