• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Cape Coral, FL - DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindmajick

May 26, 2013
florida
Hey All!

I know there are a ton of Vapers here in VAPE coral.

Especially since we have the original and famous Vapin in the Cape.

Personally my favorite store here (of the many) is The Vape Store on Del Prado. They also have another location on Santa Barbara.

I would love to get some local "check ins" here and of possible I'd also like to keep this OP updated with a list of local stores for the Cape Coral/Ft Myers area.

I'll start-
My name is Jon and I quit stinkies one week ago today. In that time- cigs went from tasting like heaven to tasting like poop.

A friend of mine has been hounding me for months to try vaping but I just figured that it wouldn't work for me since he was just a moderate smoker (in my mind). I was a 2-3 pack a day smoker a freaking WEEK ago!!

Sure- the first couple days were hard and filled with failure due to buying substandard equip. Still smoked only half a pack in a couple days.

Now- I have a system that delivers nicotine in the doses I need and have already cut back from the original 24 mg I was given to 16 mg. The pro tank and c twist combo really delivers the product. The taste isn't as good as the cartos I've tried, but now that I've invested in some usable equipment it looks like I'll only be spending $12 a week for juice and .50-.99 for replacement heads.

Please- locals share your stories with me and help me continue my success. Or just say hello :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aww! Welcome Jon. I don't live in the Cape but my sister does so I've been to a few shops down there. You guys are so lucky to have SO many stores to check out. Every time I'd down there I see vapers everywhere, still waiting for that to happen in my area, Sarasota/Venice.

Anyhow... if you can make the trek to Indian Rocks Beach this coming weekend, you should come to Vapestock! Tons of vapers and vendors...and it's free to attend. There are some people from your area coming up as well :) Perhaps a few of you guys could get a local group going with monthly meetups. We don't have a group in my city but I go to the monthly meets in Largo. It's a great way to socialize with other vapers, see lots of different equipment and sample juices too. Fun stuff and I KNOW there are enough vapers down there to get a local group going.

Anyhow... if you can make Vapestock ;) hope to see you there: Vapestock Home

Good luck and happy vaping! It is a wonderful thing. I'm almost 4yrs smoke free thanks to vaping and pleased as punch to finally give up smoking after 25+ years. Keep it up!

mindmajick

May 26, 2013
florida
All i have to say is WOW and THANKS!!

I don't think I'll be able to make vapestock this weekend, but I've definitely thought about it. This just absolutely amazes me though. Across the board smokers become nonsmokers. Not sure why there is SO MUCH pushback on these things, but after a week of vaping I've joined casaa.org so i can try to help the cause as a local rep.

I think the idea of a local meet would be awesome and there are definitely enough vapers here to do it. For all i know there may already be one :p

But anyway- i think I'll ask my good friends at The Vape Shop if they would be willing to offer their vape bar as a meeting place.

I still can't even express my excitement. I've been into political activism in the past but am so fed up with the current state of politics that i kind of gave up... But this gives me a new cause to fight for. :D

Thanks for your response! Your story gives me inspiration.

--
Sent from my mind to your screen.

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
lol.. There used to be a few that did pop on here but it didn't seem to grow like actual vaping has in that are *sigh* I know there are a darn ton of vapers, if a group got started perhaps some of the local shops would put a notice up or something.

I know the vapers are out there, just not so much on ECF I guess. Fingers crossed.

I do know a few on FB, etc. so if something gets scheduled I would reach out to the ones I know.

mindmajick

May 26, 2013
florida
I'm waiting on approval by management from my favorite vape store.

Once I have that.. I'll set a date and do up some flyers for a local meet. I'm pretty excited to get this going and I think the shop would be willing to do some on site classes for people who want to learn more.

I could still use any advice about how to do this :p

Either way I'll figure it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Had to go to the bank last Saturday and stopped in at The Vape Store around 9:30 am. I was completely blown away with the whole setup, especially the juice bar. Have bought from Naples Vapor and Vapin' in the Cape. Both are great customer service. But The Vape Store is really 'doing it right' by my standards. HUGE fan and looking forward to visiting the SB store soon.

mindmajick

May 26, 2013
florida
Had to go to the bank last Saturday and stopped in at The Vape Store around 9:30 am. I was completely blown away with the whole setup, especially the juice bar. Have bought from Naples Vapor and Vapin' in the Cape. Both are great customer service. But The Vape Store is really 'doing it right' by my standards. HUGE fan and looking forward to visiting the SB store soon.

Lol. Personally i can't stand the "customer service" at those other places. If i wanted someone to crawl up my ...., I'll ask lol.

But yeah- the value store rocks. Love the vapor bar and the staff. They're all very knowledgeable and will give you ask the time and information you need. If anything, they pressured me to get better equipment at a cheaper price than i initially planned on spending.

My $50 kit from one of those other stores- proprietary junk.

Anyway- looks like another cape vaper. Think I'll stop by the store again today and see if i have approval to use their location for my first meet.

--
Sent from my mind to your screen.

polingpower

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
Naples fl
I WILL NOT EVER SPEND ANOTHER DIME IN NAPLES VAPOR ! PERIOD !:ohmy:
Now Vape king in bonita is a great store up the road
Save on vapor...pineridge in naples nice people... just started up
Premier vaping... pineridge also almost next to each other.. just started also
Royal vapor downtown naples the staff was nice enough... been around the longest in Naples

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've been going to the Suncoast meets since 2009 and still waiting for local group to form in my area. I am also shocked there isn't a group growing down in the Cape/Fort area. So many vapers down there!!

For folks looking to plan meet ups - It encourages people to stay longer, hang around if you have the meet at an establishment that sells food/drink and of course allows vaping. If you have some goodies to do a free raffle that helps encourage attendance as well. We did have some meets early on at vape establishments but it makes people feel funny when they want to discuss other vendors hardware, juice, etc. It seems like a neutral establishment is in my opinion the best bet. Lots of people like to talk about their favorite juice maker or mod maker, etc.

Generally we collect liquid samples as we go so we can set up a table for folks to sample flavors at each meet. People just hang out, eat, drink, vape and chat. If you get the ball rolling in that area I see a tremendous potential for growth as you lucky guys have a gazillion vapers and vape shops there. Nice if you can get vape shops to advertise your meet as well. There is also a Florida Facebook group to advertise FL meetups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FloridaVapers/

I still keep eye on that area in hopes of seeing a group get going - I'm hour'ish north of Cape but sister lives there so I do get down there every so often :)

Fingers crossed Fort/Cape group happens in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread