Not open for further replies.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I so wanted this flavor to work - I've been craving it for months! :grr:
Mixed it at 10% and let it steep for a week, but it tastes very bitter and medicine-y. It's as if there's some kind of spice in it too, like anise or black licorice. Dunno. It just tastes nasty. How do I get it to taste even remotely like French toast? :blink:

The drops are very dark, almost black. It smells like it tastes. Could it be that I might've gotten a mislabeled bottle from Capella?

Also, if you have any tips on Cheesecake where you can actually taste the cream cheese, please share that too - I'm almost tempted to mix it from scratch! I have Capella's NY Cheesecake now, and it's not cutting it, even after 2 weeks of steeping.

GrannyM

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2009
Saginaw, MI
Interesting...these flavors didn't make my favorites list either, but a lot of people seem to like them. And yes, the French Toast is a dark color. I do think their Waffle is quite good, so maybe give that one a shot? (It's kind of in the same flavor family :laugh:)

Regarding the cheesecake: I don't do a stand-alone cheesecake, but I do prefer Lorann cheesecake to Capella's in my mixes.

TxTunesLady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I so wanted this flavor to work - I've been craving it for months! :grr:
Mixed it at 10% and let it steep for a week, but it tastes very bitter and medicine-y. It's as if there's some kind of spice in it too, like anise or black licorice. Dunno. It just tastes nasty. How do I get it to taste even remotely like French toast? :blink:

The drops are very dark, almost black. It smells like it tastes. Could it be that I might've gotten a mislabeled bottle from Capella?

This won't help you but giving me 2c worth. I have had NO luck with this, as I have been trying to replicate The Vapor Room's French Toast because I love it and mix it with my Traditional tobacco from V4L. With that said, again I have had NO luck in the French toast from Capella's. If it is bitter or Medicine-y I would suggest using maybe a sweetner. Last night I made a batch with 20% and will be letting it steep a week. If 10% gives you that much try even 7% and work your way down till you get a flavor you like, I think mixing it through with something like a maple syrup might help!? Im still playing the find that right mix myself, Good Luck Cindy

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I'm wondering now if it's burning up too fast in my PV? I'm using SI Volts (3.7V regulated, 2.8Ω cartos). I just tried it in my drinking water with sweetener and ugh, it was almost there, but it still had that oddball bitterness. The maple syrup came through loud and clear though! :) But OK... maybe one more try at 1 or 2%...crazy, right?

TxTunesLady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, everyones taste is different thats why we say taste is subjective, as well as our taste buds are ALWAYS changing. I remember when I first started vs just 2 weeks ago to, YESTERDAY was my recently NEW found in taste and smell, and I have a feeling more and more will wake up because I was using analogs for over 30 years :/ Its not crazy though LOL I have one flavor I am as High as one person is and its like 33% and most flavors SHOULDN't be that high, but as I said, yesterday my tasted buds did a switch a roo so now im scared all my mixed I JUST mixed, will now all be to strong LOL. Look luck though and keep me posted :D
I think its so fun to learn how others learn so differently from your own self

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread