Capella Graham Cracker v2 compared to old version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has tried the new Capella Graham Cracker flavor? It looks like they have multiple new versions of their flavors, Graham Cracker being one of them.
What is up with all these new v2 flavors? Anyone try the Graham Cracker compared to the old one? I'm gonna buy a sample today I think.. just curious as to what is different about all these v2 flavors from Capella.

Are all the flavors updated simply due to heating causing diacetyl? If that is the case I really hope v2 is as good or better! This is a flavor I use a LOT!

Thanks!

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
I haven't tried the v2 graham. I like v1, and I'm also curious to hear opinions on v2. I tried v2 french vanilla, but didn't like it as much as v1. It had a strange taste. It was a while ago, and I haven't tried it since then, so I can't remember it well enough to describe. I've seen plenty of people who are happy with some of the v2s.. maybe the graham will be a good one.

I vape diketones regularly. I try to do it in moderation, and figure that it's way, way less than what the popcorn workers were inhaling. Compared to all of the self destructive behavior in my past, it seems mild.

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
I'm all for Capellas coming out with a v2 line for the more health conscious vapers, but it looks like they are totally doing away with the original versions, which sucks!! I've tried the apple pie v2, the french vanilla v2, and vanilla custard v2. Didn't like ANY of them. I stocked up on the original vanilla custard, but it will eventually run out. Tried to place an order for peanut butter, and sugar cookie yesterday, and all they offered was v2. Will be back to the drawing board once I've gone through the flavorings I have

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Just FYI, people... Capella is NOT getting rid of v1 flavors. I received this email after inquiring:

First of all, thank you for your business, we're glad you like the Graham Cracker V1! I wanted to go ahead and reassure you that while we are developing the V2 flavors in response to customer demand, we have no intention of getting rid of our V1 flavors. We will continue to carry the V1 flavors. :)

PHEW!

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
A small doze of a harmful substance may not hurt you in the short term. But long-term is an entirely different story. The cumulative effect may catch up with you years later. But then again it may not. Are you willing to take that chance? Just saying.

Oh I definitely agree, that's why I'm really hoping the v2 will taste as good!

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I finally got around to trying the Capella Graham v2.. I used it in my regular all-day-vape recipe... it seriously is overpowered with menthol... ...? I am so confused. I still need to try it by itself to make sure.. but I don't understand why there would be menthol in it... very disappointed!

I also ordered some FW Graham Cracker as well as Signature Graham cracker - anyone try those, how are they? Unfortunately I had to order 120ml of the Signature Graham because it was the smallest they had... oh well.

Any other good Graham Cracker flavors out there? I had to order a little more of the v1 Graham because it is very essential to my juices... I'm just so frustrated that the new one is basically menthol. I'm really hoping I somehow messed something up but I'm 99.99999% sure I didn't.. I don't even think I have any menthol in my arsenal.. So strange.

I will make a small batch of just that graham v2 and try it on it's own and report back.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I just saw that Graham flavors have a higher chance of having Diacetyl in them... ugh... great. Now I'm even more worried.. I need to find out if the Signature/TFA and FW Graham flavors have Diacetyl in them.. I really don't want to change my ADV completely.. I really love graham cracker flavor.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Does the FW Graham have Diacetyl in it? EDIT: nevermind - "Diacetyl free. Contains .08% Acetoin."

Also I reached out to Capella and they said the new v2 Graham flavor has no menthol in it.. so I am very confused. I have to retest that flavor by itself... something is going on there. I really hope I messed up and somehow had menthol in it... unless my new batch of Real Cig flavor I got was somehow mixed up and had menthol in it I don't know what else could have gone wrong. Hopefully when I test the Graham by itself it will taste good, with no menthol. I really hope I made a mistake somehow!

Last edited:

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
quick update.. just did a quick test batch of v2 Graham at ~10% and it definitely is not menthol... wow what the heck.. time to find out why that juice I made tastes like menthol when I don't have any menthol products! Maybe I screwed up my percents and added too much of a certain flavor or something weird... Oh well.. this graham actually tastes pretty good.. can't wait to try those other graham flavors, though!

edit:
Whoa.. it appears to be my new bottle of SC Real Cig from VapingZone. I saturated my wick with the new graham flavor and put a drop of the new real cig on there (I know that's way too much) and it was heavily mentholated. I then cleaned my atty, resaturated a wick with graham and put a drop of the old Real Cig on there and it was not mentholated feeling at all. I just emailed them.. but I don't get it, they don't even sell a menthol version of real cig from what I can tell. Smelling the bottles it seems so obvious now.. this new Real Cig is definitely mentholated. Weird! This is a key ingredient in my ADV so I hope they can rectify this ASAP.. I just got a 30m bottle. I hope it's not some new wacky formula that tastes like menthol. Gross... I hate menthol :blink:

Last edited:

ReacT

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2014
Mars!
en.wikipedia.org
Does the FW Graham have Diacetyl in it? EDIT: nevermind - "Diacetyl free. Contains .08% Acetoin."

Also I reached out to Capella and they said the new v2 Graham flavor has no menthol in it.. so I am very confused. I have to retest that flavor by itself... something is going on there. I really hope I messed up and somehow had menthol in it... unless my new batch of Real Cig flavor I got was somehow mixed up and had menthol in it I don't know what else could have gone wrong. Hopefully when I test the Graham by itself it will taste good, with no menthol. I really hope I made a mistake somehow!

I just wanted to let you know that Acetoin turns to diacetyl in time. Perfumer's Apprentice under the "UPDATE 12/1/10 .........."

After companies noticed that acetoin also turns into diacetyl, they started to produce acetoin free flavors, such as capella v2 or DX series of perfumers. Intead of acetoin, they use Butyric Acid and unfortunately it is not even close to the taste that acetoin can give. That is why many people dont like capella v2 as in above messages etc. Also butyric acid known to be irritating when inhaled. But it is healthier.

Many e-liquid companies does not aware that acetoin turns into diacetyl under certain circumstances. They say they are diacetyl free and when someone makes a lab test, it turns out there is a diacetyl inside of it since acetoin has turned to diacetyl. :D So whole vaping community is vaping diacetyl already because %90 of all flavors has acetoin which gives it desired taste. All crackers, creams, caramels, vanillas, chocolates, cakes, butter etc..

I dont think that much low amount of acetoin can cause deadly lung sickness in the future from vaping but nobody knows %100. It is better to stay on the safe side.

About VZ Real Cig: I have thrown it. It is a full of menthol, i didnt order something with menthol and i believe they changed the formula. I hate menthol it is like you vape your toothpaste lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread