Status
Not open for further replies.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Apparently I have a bit of a vaping allergy to food coloring - caramel coloring particularly. It makes me feel a bit light-headed. Not a comfortable feeling. But I DIY all of my flavors and most of the flavorings have food coloring.

I've finally found a grape flavoring that is without food coloring (Faerie's Finest). It's not as concentrated as I'd like, but it'll do. Wiltons make a clear vanilla that I haven't tried yet. Hopefully it'll be acceptable. My biggest problem is that I can't seem to find caramel flavor without the coloring. Or coffee. Decadent Vapours flavorings (available through Totally Wicked) has almost no flavors that I'm interested in. It would be wonderful if LorAnn's could be convinced that most of us don't want to end up with Koolaid lung, and would appreciate flavors without the colorings.

If anyone knows of a good source of colorless caramel or coffee, I sure would appreciate it.

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
Capella caramel and coffee bean both contain caramel coloring.
Same for LorAnn.

Faerie's Finest coffee does not contain caramel coloring.
I don't think that FlavourArt does, either.

Weird to have an allergy to caramel coloring. It's just carefully burnt sugar. (Well, usually. I guess it's possible to make artificial caramel coloring.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Maybe it isn't the caramel coloring - I dunno for sure. What I do know is that the heavily-colored LorAnn's and Capella's seem to have that effect. I'm just trying to narrow it down by going with clear flavorings until I find out for sure what's up. The clear flavorings I can vape 'til I'm blue in the face if I'm so inclined.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread