Status
Not open for further replies.

jfdpl686

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
New York
www.flickr.com
I’m giving my first try to DIY.
So far I’m working with perfumer apprentice flavors and trying out to make a cola flavor. After several attempts, I got the flavor I like using cola, sweet cream and sweetener. So far, the flavor is there and don’t change (as happened before using sweetener) is strong and constant.
Now, my question, I feel my vape kind of “heavy”. The vapor and flavor is perfectly fine, it’s difficult to explain, but I feel like vaping coffee or a stronger flavor instead of a “fresh” flavor. The “bubbly” or carbonated water feeling is missing. If you have tried Ms T’s cola flavor, you understand what I’m talking about… What can I use to get that “bubbly” sensation without changing the flavor removing that “heaviness” of the vape?

Any idea will help. Thanks!

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
I use those PA flavors and find that the sweet cream is too strong a dairy flavor. Cut back on that or leave it out. The cola is naturally that fizzy vape. The cream would make it heavier. Try substituting plain VG, it is naturally sweet. I like the sweet cream with coconut, but not too much! It will kill any flavor. The flavors also change some during the next week or so.

My cola recipe for 10ml 25mg is:

5 ml PG based 50 mg nicotine (I prefer 2.5ml of 100mg and 4.5ml VG)
3 ml PA cola
2 ml VG

Last edited:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
A bit of PGA or vodka can add such a sensation. I personally do not use alcohol in my juices, but it does work to add an airiness and nose-tickle to juices. Also opens flavors up more. If you are making a VG juice, about 10% alcohol is good. If it is a PG juice, 3-5% would be about right. More than that might make the juice too thin.

jfdpl686

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
New York
www.flickr.com
I wonder if adding champagne flavor would help? I haven't tried PA's yet, but it's worth a shot.

That is a very interesting idea! I'll need to get some champagne to test but it totally makes sense!

By the way, I did not mentioned, but I tried the Jalapeno in this mix with cero nic and there is a "funny" TH, it is more irritation than TH but it is a step, I think Linda will go on with the Jalapeno as is. Once released, I'll try more.

jfdpl686

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
New York
www.flickr.com
A bit of PGA or vodka can add such a sensation. I personally do not use alcohol in my juices, but it does work to add an airiness and nose-tickle to juices. Also opens flavors up more. If you are making a VG juice, about 10% alcohol is good. If it is a PG juice, 3-5% would be about right. More than that might make the juice too thin.

Kurt, Thank you! I have not try PGA or vodka at all. All I have at home is a 40 vodka so I don't think it will make the trick, I'll get some PGA and try this. Now, I'm mixing between 10% up to 15% of VG (my sweet spot).

Now, I'm interested in trying maybe a little more PGA in a given liquid just to try to remove some vapor; you know, for stealth vaping with the minimum amount of clouds... it would be interesting having the flavor but not the "show" of doing it.

timothy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2010
texas
yea i mixed up some of the cola i got from linda at PA let it sit over night very good. but still feel theres something missing maybe a bit of carmel i dont know i would also like to find a fizzy to add to this

2 1/2 ml pg no nic
.7 ml vg no nic
.9 PA cola (@ 18% flavoring 20 was a bit to strong)
.9 ml of 100 mg pg nic
gives 5 ml 18 mg

jfdpl686

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
New York
www.flickr.com
I have to revive this thread since I am totally happy with the coke flavor I finally got with the help of all posters here.
I tried everything exposed here and finally, to my taste, I got the flavor I wanted, it has a tad of the carbonated feeling but the liquid still feels refreshing (mostly in this heat wave).
From this base, we can start experimenting adding different flavors to get all the coke types around, which will be the next step.

So, to create 2.5 ml of FLAVOR only, I used (in drops):
Cola 23
Marshmallow 10
Sweetener 7
Champagne 6
Sweet cream 4
This is the flavoring only, from there, you have to mix it with PG, VG, PG/VG and nicotine (if desired). I’m not posting final liquid since it’s relative to taste and device used.
When I use a 5V device, I like using 25% flavor; in a 3.7V device with LR atty I use 20% falvor and finally, in a 3.7V device with conventional atty, between 12% and 15% is fine. I like strong flavor, so this is only my preference. I already have a premixed 80% PG/20% VG liquid so I only add that and nicotine when desired.

Thanks for your input… and if you try this, post here so we can get something better.

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
I made a black cherry cola using pa flavoring in this recipe
30 drops black cherry
20 drops cola
1 drop sweetner
10ml @24mg @ 25% flavor
Letting sit overnight will try it tomorrow

I do know that Mountain Dew flavor from pa in this recipe has the cabonated feel to it
Using 60mg nic
40 drops nic
40 drops pg
20 drops flavor
5ml @ 24 mg @ 20% flavor

jfdpl686

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
New York
www.flickr.com
Red... YES! You ARE the girl! That idea was simply perfect!
Once I received it, I tried one drop straight in the atty and wow! the feeling was there... it was later, trial and error to get the % for not killing the cola flavor.

Kellie, I'm thinking of going that way with cherry coke, but adding a little sweetener, in fact my base and adding the black cherry plus some blueberry for a touch of fruity sweet.

Then, next trial will be Dr Pepper... I think I have everything needed... I'll post when I get something...

jfdpl686

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
New York
www.flickr.com
Well, it worked like a charm!
I'm still testing your other idea given elsewhere, Jalapeño!
Since I'm mostly not using Nic, I'm trying it with everything with so-so results. In low quantities, it is a nice substitute but when chain vaping, it left that burn sensation in tongue and lips. I want to try it with PGA but I haven’t get any in NY. Once finding the holy grail of TH without nic, I’ll be a happy camper…

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Well, it worked like a charm!
I'm still testing your other idea given elsewhere, Jalapeño!
Since I'm mostly not using Nic, I'm trying it with everything with so-so results. In low quantities, it is a nice substitute but when chain vaping, it left that burn sensation in tongue and lips. I want to try it with PGA but I haven’t get any in NY. Once finding the holy grail of TH without nic, I’ll be a happy camper…

Have you tried TW Patriot's Mad Dog? I use that a lot to give some heat and a little throat hit. Doesn't give you that bad coughing sensation that the jalepeno does. I haven't tried the Diabolo Loco or Poco from TW's DV line, but that may be worth a shot:

Decadent Vapours 10ml Flavour Concentrates

jfdpl686

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
New York
www.flickr.com
Have you tried TW Patriot's Mad Dog? I use that a lot to give some heat and a little throat hit. Doesn't give you that bad coughing sensation that the jalepeno does. I haven't tried the Diabolo Loco or Poco from TW's DV line, but that may be worth a shot:

Decadent Vapours 10ml Flavour Concentrates

Interesting! I'll order those and try to make a mix! Maybe there will be the trick. I'll keep you posted!

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I made a black cherry cola using pa flavoring in this recipe
30 drops black cherry
20 drops cola
1 drop sweetner
10ml @24mg @ 25% flavor
Letting sit overnight will try it tomorrow

I do know that Mountain Dew flavor from pa in this recipe has the cabonated feel to it
Using 60mg nic
40 drops nic
40 drops pg
20 drops flavor
5ml @ 24 mg @ 20% flavor

I've done the Cherry Cola much like this one with very minor differences and it has become my go-to sweet vape this last week. I think it tastes like what a Cherry RC would taste like.

I'm going to have to try the Dew myself now, but never was a fan of the drink. Might try to make it more 7up like.

Hope it works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread