Careful when you clean Vision Stardust Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Be careful when you boil with hot water.

I got my stardust about 10 days ago and I thought it's time to clean the tank.

I usually use my ultrasonic but since stardust is sealed tight so I decided to use boiled water. I boiled 10 minutes, dump water, again boiled 10 minutes. Dry them over night. It was nothing wrong about this but I may be stupid enough to boiled mouthpiece as well. Attached picture is the result. The color of the plastic turn to white and o-ring and metal part is loose. It looks like connection part of the plastic is melted somehow and it shrunk?

stardust.jpg

I tried to put it back to the atty but it loose I can screw forever. It looks okay but can be leak from the top. I'm lucky that I have 3 more stardust so I just though it away.

I think I should share this experience because I believe stardust is one of the best atty when I use at work and I don't want anyone make same mistakes.

Sorry for my poor English skills.

Birks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Tokyo, Japan

Birks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
As same as other carto, tastes are little weaker than atomizers but good enough. Fair amount of vapor production for eGo, absolutely no leak (I never had experience over a week except boiled incident above) Air draw is between eGo-T and C, close to T so no worry. It may be closer to eGo-W but much more vapor and taste.

What I like about Stardust is they got round tip mouthpiece, no leaks and solid body.
I wish I can choose lower ohm so I tried with my Lavatube and it woks great with higher voltage.

Since there are no wick hang from the cup, you might want to stir the tank sometime to make sure liquids reach to the wick. I sensed some burn taste only a few may be because I always keep my rugular eGo streight up position because cartridges leaks.

To me,

<--Good ------------------------------------------------------------- Bad-->
Taste in general: eGo-Stardust <<<< IMIST << C << W << T
Taste condensed: eGo-C << IMIST <<< Stardust << W <<<< T
Vapor production: eGo-C, Stardust, IMIST <<< T << W
Air draw: eGo-IMIST <<<<<<< T < Stardust < W <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< C

I know it all depends on juice and atomizer ohm but these are my verdict. for my juice and battery.

SCTony

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
South Carolina
Thanks for sharing info. On KGO the air draw is too hard for me so I got a little 510-510 extension and that helps very much. I get a burn taste once in a while but I am liking this carto very much. Do you think maybe a little vacuum is developing inside the tank sometimes? If I get a burn taste I open the tank to let air in- I only just started to do this. Cheers and welcome to ECF too :)

Pega

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Budapest
thanks for the heads-up and the links!

Thanks for sharing info. On KGO the air draw is too hard for me so I got a little 510-510 extension and that helps very much. I get a burn taste once in a while but I am liking this carto very much. Do you think maybe a little vacuum is developing inside the tank sometimes? If I get a burn taste I open the tank to let air in- I only just started to do this. Cheers and welcome to ECF too :)

Birks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Tokyo, Japan

hmm... I haven't noticed vacuum inside but I have three stardust, 2 are very easy draw but I tried third one today with really bad draw. I tried extension, leave the lid open, change batteries, lift a rubber cap from the cup and I almost gave up. I guess it's just one of the bad carto. I even use steel file to make air slit deeper...

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
I'm very hesitant about trying these because you have to tip them to wick and I don't like that. My favorite so far are the Vision Extremes by Got Vapes or the Vision Deux 2.5 ml (same thing as vision extremes) by Discount Vapers.

They wick great upright and don't leak, produce lots of vapor and flavor.

I'd like to see some comparisons to the Stardust to show why I might like the Stardust over the Vision's.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
I'm very hesitant about trying these because you have to tip them to wick and I don't like that. My favorite so far are the Vision Extremes by Got Vapes or the Vision Deux 2.5 ml (same thing as vision extremes) by Discount Vapers.

They wick great upright and don't leak, produce lots of vapor and flavor.

I'd like to see some comparisons to the Stardust to show why I might like the Stardust over the Vision's.

John- the LED visions are on clearance at gotvapes. Time to stock up if the light doesn't bother you. I picked up a few of these to try this morning. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread