Status
Not open for further replies.

DanG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2013
NWI Cedar Tuckey (Lake)
I am going to be getting a PV in a few hours. I am hoping it will help in quitting smoking "analogs" as y'all call them. I was wondering if you had any recommendations on what e-juice mixer person would be a good place to start. I would prefer juice made here in the USA or anywhere really except China or third world countrys. Also if there were any recommendations on devices. I think in my research here I might go with a protank (mini, or 2, or mini2) and a VV, l was thinking eGo but was told a spinner may be better. Man I am so lost, this is a crazy amount of information to absorb.
Thanks
DanG

vapoorized

Sep 20, 2013
Corona, CA
I just started 2 weeks ago and won't look back. Good choice and hope all goes well for you. I started with a Joy tech Ego C twist bettery and a KangerTech EVOD cartomizer. Love it. Easy to fill and clean. Stick with american company's for your juices. Maybe try Lush or Caterpiller for the fruitier flavors I have yet to try other. I am now mixing my own juice so I don't buy pre-made anymore. Hope this helps.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
A twist or spinner allows you to dial in your voltage to bring out diferent aspects of the juice (flavor, vapor, throat hit), depending on the ohms of your atomizer/juice delivery system. If you begin with an ego twist/spinner or plain ego, you will need a minimum of 2, since you will have to charge them.

Always have a backup and a back-up of your back-up when you can afford to.

I prefer the iClear16 and iClear30s, which are dual top coil clearomizers for a full warm vapor and flavor. Some folk prefer the Protanks/evods which are bottom coils and a cooler vape.

Take your time, do your research and don't rush yourself. I recommend to try out a disposable first to see if it really is something that might work for you. That allows you time to decide on your first kit. The ego batteries perform much better, but it can be confusing without knowledge. We've all been there.

IMZed

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2013
Hamilton, OH, USA
Hi DanG, welcome to ECF!

I'm a cheapo myself, so I tend to stay in the eGo class with CE4/5 clearomizers. I like them, or at least I'm satisfied with them for now. Most people here seem to like something else, tho. Everybody's tastes are different.

I think you'll find most juice mixes are made in the US, even though some of the flavors may come from Italy or some such. If you are going to a local store you may be able to try out some flavors before you buy anything. If you are ordering online, you may want to try ordering some sample packs if you can.

Congratulations on your desire to quit smoking analogs. And good luck!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Welcome,

Ego= chinese
Protanks= chinese
Spinner = chinese

Select Hangsen eliquid. = chinese but it's cheap, consistent and of high quality.
If you are concerned about "standards", Hangsen is world class.
However, you are welcome to select a guy in his kitchen shaking plastic bottles he just rinsed out with tap water as your "US" source.

Have fun
good luck
I

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    Drop in at a local b and m if you have one and check things out with luck you will find one that knows what they are talking about,for starters I wouldn't get anything smaller than a 900mah twist or winder, iclear f16's are nice and rebuildable as well as the protanks,some juice will react with plastic so keep in mind when buying tanks and juice.

Shilo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 27, 2011
    Here & There
    Welcome to ECF Dan it is alot to take in and there are always new products around every corner and varying opinions and options. It sounds like a good choice for starting out to me. I like the Innokin products myself whereas my husband likes Kanger products. I think the spinner or a twist is a good beginning choice good luck to you.

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    An ego twist/spinner and mini protank would be a very decent starter kit. You might also look at evods or vision vivi nova minis.

The advice on having backups is spot on, you'll want at least 2 batteries (egos) and protanks (or whatever you get). Batteries and juice delivery systems can fail unexpectedly and you don't want to be stuck without one.
    Also you'll want more than a few replacement atomizer heads for whichever clearo you get.

As for USA made juice, there are plenty of vendors. If you want some recommendations: mountain oak vapors, roar vapor, heathers heavenly vapes, mister e liquid, and vape dudes.
    It's hard to recommend juices because everyone has different tastes but these places are all pretty solid vendors.

Good luck and welcome to ECF!

euforeik

ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    Welcome to the wonderful world of vaping! I myself started off with an eGo twist and a cartomizer tank. I recommend the protank 2 though! It's very easy to fill and clean. The eGo and a protank 2 is a great set up in my opinion. As for juice a lot of juice is made here in the USA. If you're into sweet, desert like flavors I would recommend five pawns. They have flavors like apple pie with ice cream (crazy right?) Good luck!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Just to Squash the anti-Chinese crap people feed us before you get hung up in the BS
    Dekang is the largest producer of E-liquids in the world. You don't get there producing unknown crap! Hangsen is right up there with them in terms of production and quality.
    Over 90% of US made e-liquids come out of Mom& Pop type businesses(Rental space/Kitchen/2 car garage/etc.)
    Yep, give google map a shot and see for yourself.:)

Anyway, whatever you choose for brand - look for flavors you are familiar with. Tobaccos are mostly a waste of money but there are a few decent ones. Dessert/Drink/Fruit type Vapes can be a simple way to move away from the stinkies.

Best of luck!
    4a.m. - DIY Morning Mocha 9mg 50/50 mix:)

ardelleg

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 3, 2011
    Alaska
    Welcome DanG..... good luck with it all

One thing I am pretty sure of .... whatever you buy will probably not be the one you stick with forever....

Had I waited to understand everything before I bought my first one, I would still be smoking

All time favorite so far is a Spinner with an inexpensive Chibi cargo tank with prepunched cartos, that is what I keep coming back to while trying to figure out my other stuff. Spinner because I can read the setting (versus the Twist) and the Chibi because 99.9% of the time it just works.

Enjoy...

dice57

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2013
    Mount Vernon, Wa
    DanG, I'm going to tell you what I wish someone would of told me 5 months ago, when I started this journey.

Provari. What? Why should I pay two bills for an e-cig? That's way to expensive!! I can't justify spending that kind of money for a pvd!!

Well, I say do the math.

It has been 5 months since I last had a cigarette. That comes to 4000 cigarettes that I have NOT smoked and over $1200 that I have NOT spent on tobacco cigarettes.

The first thing I thought when I posted this on my F.B. Wall in celebration of World & National Vaping Day, was Damn!! my Provari was not that expensive after all, in fact it was down right cheap.

Sure and ego, spinner or otherwise, works great, and yeah, you can dial a spinner, but it won't maintain that setting through out the charge of the battery. It won't measure the ohm ratting of a coil build with any ego, Yeah rba's are not for the beginner, and I wouldn't tell you to get one, but eventually you will want to try it out. or maybe not.

Yes a Protank is a great beginner's or intermediate tank, whatever version you try, I liked the pt 2 best, is a fine tank, thought I found vape heaven when I finally figured out the trick to get it to work flawlessly, but I was wrong, it's good, not great, compared to a good rba or genesis style, it's mediocre, at best. But it will work, and get you off the burning of tobacco.

I started with cig-a-likes, then egos with protanks, then one day The Owner and crew of Mount Baker Vapor, showed up at my craps table. friendly bunch, great tippers, but what caught my attention is that they were vapers. The owner pulled out the Innokinn SVD, with some huge 6ml tank on it, and proceeded to produce humungous clouds of vapor. He wasn't inhaling, basically showing off, but heck the other players were waving there hands to clear the vape. I have never seen clouds of vape or even smoke from a big cigar, that produced this magnitude of haze. That's when I realized what was missing, and my search begun.

Basically, you can start at the beginning, then work your way up, and then look back and find out that with all the money spent trying to find the ultimate vape, you could of had a Provari.

At the minimum, for $60-$70, you can pick up a Innokin MVP 2, Has internal battery, comes with Iclear 16 or an Iclear 30, Has passthrough capability, and will even come with a bottle of juice. This is a variable voltage, variable wattage box mod. But since the battery is internal, it will fail and die in time. Then replaced.

DanG

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 19, 2013
    NWI Cedar Tuckey (Lake)
    WOW!!!! Thanks everybody! I don't mean to come off as anti anything..Japan, Sweden, Germany, UK, they all make top noch things. I just try to buy from my country when my wallet will afford it. If I had a few hundred bucks lying around to try something I may, or may possibility not like I would go with a provari, I think I still have to read something bad about them. I don't mind getting Chinese components, I am just a little hesitant about ingesting their e liquids. I am very uneducated in this new hobby I am looking into, and I didn't mean to offend. I will look into all these other options y'all gave me I really truly appreciate all the responses. Thank you all so much. I plan on going to a place nearby tomorrow before work so thanks again.
    DanG

DanG

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 19, 2013
    NWI Cedar Tuckey (Lake)
    I can definitely see a provari in my future if I continue down this path, I saw a picture of a provari mini and thought wow that is it, thats some nice machine work on that. But like most have said I need 2 of everything so it would be a bit to pricey on a roll of the dice... ha you see what I did there. Thanks I will be writing you in a month telling you you were correct... I already know
    DanG

dice57

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2013
    Mount Vernon, Wa
    DanG, The pleasure is all ours. Every single one of us started where you are. Mount Baker Vapor and Alien Vapor, are the 2 e-juice vendors I always buy from. Both are usa made juices, and AV uses nicotine from US sources. MBV has the best prices available, plus the fastest shipping known to vape kind. when shopping for new favors, that's where I shop. also when purchasing $15 or more, they throw in a free sample of their flavor of the month. Alien Vapor is in Florida and has my favorite juice, a bit more expensive than MBV, but the taste and quality is fantastic, and I panic when I get low on their juice. lol. They also have fast shipping, Their customer service is top notch, email is usually responded to same day Unless it's past business hours.

Now you need to search for your devise, YouTube is a great source for reviews and how to's on anything vape related. Have fun and vape on!!

Last edited:

DanG

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 19, 2013
    NWI Cedar Tuckey (Lake)
    Well I got it, I had a wedding to attend and actually tried to have an analog. I have a few left and wanted to use them up. After 5 hours only vaping I thought I was going to get sick. I took 3 drags and wow were they bad. I think this is actually going to work this time. And I don't have any real good juice, I would not say it's delicious, but not bad. The Dreamsicle was bad though, really bad. Thanks for all the advice. You guys just added a few years on my life. Thanks again, I can't really express my gratitude.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread