• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Cart filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bafyo

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
just went to spotlight today and picked up some felt material and using this as my filler. has anyone tried this yet? i'm gonna test this out for a week and see how it goes. also what fillers are you guys using.
i've tried the fluval 2plus water polishing pad and like this one so far.

i'll update in a few days on the felt material, hopefully if all goes good i can colour code my carts by the felt material :)

Perpuk

Jan 10, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Well, I've tried a few different things in 510 carts.

Fluval 2 plus works well but for me it often works best with straw mod.
Blue foam is great if you get the right size for the juice and if you get it to "plug" the end it is perfect. If you don't get it right you flood the atty.

Now don't jump on me, but lately I have found that for some juices the original cart filler with no mods works just as well. I have been able to suck the carts dry. It appears to be a matter of having just the right amount of filler for the viscosity of the juice.

Since I got my perfect pair of "pointy tweezers" (which enable me to top up carts easy peesy) I have been able to see what is happening when I go into my top up routine. I noticed I was sucking those tiny 510 original filler carts dry.

It is a complicated hobby with many variables. I think what works for one does not necessarily work for all.

TheMoon

Feb 12, 2010
Australia
Cart filler I used - none - I just discovered 'direct dripping' on the atty and used a empty cart, the result is wonderful, lots of throat hit, clean vape, more vapor, and it is so easy! But at the same time I prepare a few carts with PTB to use when I go out as I don't want to drip in public.

BTW, mooody, I got T2 teabag in David Jones, as I couldn't find the lipton one in any supermarket!

MrDismal

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Australia, Melbourne
Ok...thanks guys, I didn't see the obivious thread on it in the forums.

I'm just doing the simple mod of cutting 3/4 off the filler, dripping in till 3/4 liquid in empty cart, and using the 1/4 remaining filler as a plug

Are you talking about the stock standard polyfill? Or the Fluval foam?
If so, how well does the polyfill plug perform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread