Cart longevity

Status
Not open for further replies.

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
Here's a curious (non) dilemma that I'd like a few perspectives on.

I've been reading posts that claim 1 cartridge approximates (a) 7-8 cigarettes, (b) 1 full pack and (c) a pack and a half. As a pack a day smoker, I kicked myself for neglecting to order refill cartridges and/or ejuice, and rushed to order supplies before my samples run out. (I daresay I'll have enough on hand to last several weeks!) I've also been trying to monitor my usage to see if I could determine how long a cart lasts for me.

What's curious is, I started my first cart Friday night around 10pm.

It's Sunday morning (7:0am) now.

I'm still using the same cart.

I've come to several conclusions on this:
a. Carts may last longer than indicated (I don't really believe that, but I have to put it out there).

b. I'm not as addicted to smoking as I thought.

c. I have no taste discrimination and I'm risking burning out the atomizer (I noticed the atomizer got a bit warm late last night, so I thought the cart might be running dry. Yet, I still get plenty of vapor and it's not warm today so, I don't know.)

d. My use is overly conservative since I don't have any refills yet.

I'm inclined to go with (c) or (d) as my usual sign of knowing when to stop (the cigarette ....) is no longer an option.

So...what are your thoughts?

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
A general guide to cartridges:

Super Minis (RN4081, RN4088, DSE103, etc...): About 1-3 cigs worth (20-30 puffs) They hold around 0.3ml of eliquid.

Mini (DSE901, etc...): 5-6 cigs worth (50-75 puffs depending on how you puff) They hold around 0.5ml of eliquid.

Penstyle/classic (DSE801, RN4072, etc...): 7-10 cigs worth (up to about 100 puffs) They hold around 1ml of eliquid.

eCigar: 10-12 cigs worth (up to about 120-130 puffs) They hold around 1.2ml of eliquid.

Pipe (DSE601, etc...) At least 14-15 cigs worth.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...elpful-links-videos-new-user-3.html#post97433

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
well, it may be your habits. for me, when i'd go out on a friday or saturday night, i'd go through at least a pack if not a bit more.

when i took my 401 to the bar, i'd hardly go through a cart, which is estimated to be about 4 or 5 cigarettes.

i think for some people it isn't about replacing the full nicotine from a pack, it's replacing the habit. with an analog, most will smoke the whole thing dry, at least i did. with an ecig, you can take 3 or 4 good puffs and put it down for 20 minutes, which means you aren't smoking as much as a whole cig. my carts last me a long time as well because i don't puff the "10-15 puffs" per cig as has been the best estimation for ecig vs analog.

but yes, some of it is learning the taste, once you've vaped for a week or so you will start discerning the taste of "oh i'm out of juice" and know when to change the cart, it will taste a bit burnt and and soured, in my personal taste opinion.

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
i think for some people it isn't about replacing the full nicotine from a pack, it's replacing the habit. with an analog, most will smoke the whole thing dry, at least i did. with an ecig, you can take 3 or 4 good puffs and put it down for 20 minutes, which means you aren't smoking as much as a whole cig. my carts last me a long time as well because i don't puff the "10-15 puffs" per cig as has been the best estimation for ecig vs analog.

Interesting that you'd say that because it's occasionally occurred to be how much I'd let a cigarette burn as opposed to how much I actually smoked.

I was thinking earlier, too, how much the "novelty" factor plays into my new e-cig experience. With analogs, it wasn't so much that I craved a cigarette (unless, of course I didn't have any...), but thinking I might like to have a smoke. This being a new experience, I'm thinking about smoki...eh...vaping all the time so I'm cautious about overdoing it.

but yes, some of it is learning the taste, once you've vaped for a week or so you will start discerning the taste of "oh i'm out of juice" and know when to change the cart, it will taste a bit burnt and and soured, in my personal taste opinion.

Yes. I'm on my second cart now and I've noticed a distinctive "gurgling sound" upon inhalation that died out when using the first cart. I don't have much hope of my taste buds becoming more discriminating. Smoking menthols after so many years must have acclimated me to a bit of harshness. In fact, having thought about it a bit, I liken vaping my first cart to smoking a generic non-menthol cigarette. This second cart, supposedly vanilla-medium tastes exactly like the "menthol-high" I supposed had at first.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread