Cartimizer bad taste, blank freshly filled, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
I had the same problem. Filled two with two new flavors, and both tasted aweful. Just to make sure I filled one with juice I know I like, and it was still bad. Let it sit for a couple of days (it probably doesn't take that long, but that's how long it took me to get the guts to try it again) and it's fine now. Maybe the first time filling they need time to soak all the way in?

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
I have never heard anyone say to clean them when new. Even when I asked a couple days ago about the bad taste, it wasn't mentioned. They take quite a while to sry out, so if that was part of the process, I think it would be mentioned.
When I first filled it, it was making a crackling noise, that someone on here had said was the inner filler burning. I think once that inner filler is fully saturated, it no longer burns, and therefor, no longer tastes bad.

Devilooman

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Indian Trail, NC
Couple of things I've learned about cartos:

Don't overfill them! Yes they take a lot of juice but if you overfill it will not work. Put a paper towel over the battery end and then take the cap off the other end and blow into the paper towel. If any juice at all comes out, it is overfilled. When overfilled, the juice burns and tastes just plain nasty. Keep blowing little bursts of air through until now juice comes out.

If the batting on the inside comes up close to the top take the little cap out and try without it. Some of the ones I've been using lately come waaaay up close to the top (close enough to burn the cap a couple of times.) I cut a hole in one the rubber end covers and I use that on every carto now. Lots of air gettin around in there and keeping things cool. Plus I get more vapor this way. Also it's easy this way to pop the cover off to see if you need to add more juice.

I use the condom refill method with the top off and when the top looks a little juicy I stop filling it. Never mind how many drops you can shove in there, lol!

Other people had posted these before me and I just always thought I was doing it correctly. Once I stopped overfilling them I found out what I was MISSING!

Last edited:

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
When I did the condom fill, I ended up with juice everywhere. I'm not sure why other people can get that thing to slide right on, but I can't. I just drip down the side, and turn it a little every few drips to get it even. I'm going to get a syringe though beacuse I can use that to fill it and to get it really clean inside.
If you do what devilooman said and still get juiced, flick it like and old mercury thermometer to get the juice back into the filling. (not my idea, but seems way more convenient in public than removing your sock and spinning it above your head.

I have the BogeTech.. 510 from Madvapes. I went and looked at there site and it said 20 or more drops. I know I put more than that in it. Have been blowing on a paper towel for a while and still the bad taste. No flavour that reminds me of my blend. Still nasty tasting. Will try another and reply in a little while.

OK, I just went to Madvapes site where I bought them and quote from there site "The little rubber stopper on top pops right out with a paperclip or other small object for easy filling. Holds 20 or more drops of e-liquid.." I did this and it still taste nasty. I have heard good things about cartimizers and am still scrathing my head and wondering?:confused:

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
OK, I just went to Madvapes site where I bought them and quote from there site "The little rubber stopper on top pops right out with a paperclip or other small object for easy filling. Holds 20 or more drops of e-liquid.." I did this and it still taste nasty. I have heard good things about cartimizers and am still scrathing my head and wondering?:confused:

Wow, sorry to hear that. :( I get 30 to 40 drops in mine using the combo filling methods of "condom and spin"...never had this issue. I'm sorry they're not working out so well for you. :(

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've found that some of them do take quite a while to soak the juice into the filler around the coil.

I think this is the biggest mistake that people make when filling a Blank Carto the first time.

The only time I have gotten bad tastes out of a new carto is when I didn't let it sit for an hour or so after being filled the first time. I pictured an air pocket around the atomizer wire. When I took the first hit, you have an Orange hot wire melting the filler material.

I'm in the habit of putting the last drop of juice I put in the carto right down the center air hole of a New Carto. Then I cover the battery end with a paper towel and give it a blow. If I don't see a bit of juice come out onto the paper towel, I do it again until it does.That way I am sure that the carto is saturated completely and ready to vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread