Carto in tank without filler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnFettered_Soul

Exalted Grand High Poobah
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would like to see some "tank carts" where the coils are at the very bottom and there's only a really small amount of filter at the very bottom. They'd stay really wet down there. And there's less "waste" if the coil blows out.

Gotta be some better way to design a "cart" for a tank then the traditional method.

Thanks dogtown. I don't know that I know how to do that.

I agree Irage.
I have tried the G4 in a tank. They don't have any filler that I know of and the heating element is at the bottom.
I'd have to look hard again, but they probably have a little fiber or something there to wick.
I've tried with the clearomizers as well, but the heat/wicking at the top drives me nuts.

With the G4, I have a jig and punch, and I just use the sharp end of the punch to carefully add a couple of holes
near the bottom without hitting the center tube.
They work pretty good..... so I was thinking, since I have some Fusions and Boges punched or slotted, if they would work as
well.

If I can figure out dogtown's suggestion, maybe I'll give them a shot.

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would like to see some "tank carts" where the coils are at the very bottom and there's only a really small amount of filter at the very bottom. They'd stay really wet down there. And there's less "waste" if the coil blows out.

Gotta be some better way to design a "cart" for a tank then the traditional method.

Somewhere on YouTube, there's a video that shows how to rig a 306 atty to work in a tank. I've tried to find it again (not very hard, though, because I don't have a tank) but I wasn't able to. The part I remember seems easy enough -- just stick some hat pin-sized holes in the mouthpiece that comes on a 306 so that the holes are just above the rim of the atty but below the bridge. What I don't remember is what the guy did with to the top of the mouthpiece. I seem to remember him fitting some kind of drip tip on it, but I don't know what kind or how that worked. If anybody comes across that vid, post a link. I don't care that much for cartos, but a 306 in a tank would be vaping Nirvana for me.

UnFettered_Soul

Exalted Grand High Poobah
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yes, the link to his vid is also in another thread I started on attys inside tanks:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...discussion/230810-atomizers-inside-tanks.html

I have since used a syringe tank I already had,
used an empty ce2 tube I took the guts out of and slid it onto the yellow cart that comes with the 306,
poked a few holes through both plastic pieces, above the rim but below the bridge on the atty,
put the tank back together and it vapes wonderful.

It takes a 510 tip and is long enough to use in a tank because of the ce2 sleeve.
I do have to take off the tip now and then and get rid of any condensation. If I don't it leaks a little.

There is also another thread with a facebook group that builds a 306 tank with an empty juice bottle.
I'll try to find that link too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread