Carto Laundry day @ my house

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonercom

ECF Veteran
It's been a month since I last cleaned cartos. These were filled with off label juices so they had to be cleaned to use for other off label flavors. I don’t have a camcorder so I took some pix with my phone:
The Collection (138 of em)

Step 1. Remove Condoms, Buttplugs, Caps and O-Rings. Store Clean Condoms and O-Rings for future use, soak caps, o-rings and wet/sticky condoms.

Step 2. Place decapitated cartomizers in Strainer. fill pot with hot water, place strainer in pot, soak cartos in hot water. Change water frequently.

Step 3. Clean used condoms, buttplugs, syringes, etc. while cartos soak.

Step 4. After changing water again clean off o-rings and caps, separate into proper sizes and store for future use.

Step 5. When water is no longer discolored, remove strainer from pot, empty pot and rinse each cartomizer under running hot tap water.
Note: rinsing under slow running water conserves water and energy.
BTW: I stopped at Lowe’s today for some tubing and made a new rinse rig.

Step 6. Shake rinsed cartomizer several times to force water out (called thermometer shake) and set aside on porous surface to dry overnight.

Step 7. Leaving damp cartomizers to dry over night will not do the trick. Blow through carto to check for dryness.
Several other methods have been posted by members that wanted to speed up the drying process. I use the pump that came with my air mattress.
At least I did until I killed it today.

Step 8. Place dried cartomizers on clean, dry, absorbent surface for further air drying. I usually leave them for 2 or 3 days because I’m too lazy to put them right away.

Step 9. Once dried these can be refilled immediately or stored for future filling.

It amazes me that so many of us find ways to extend the lives of single use, disposable items like cartomizers and plastic eating utensils.

TexasRain104

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
The State of Texas, USA
Jesus!!!

I mean really....

I hope you get frequent vapor miles. How long have you been vaping? Are all those V4L? I now use 1 cartomizer for every 30ml then toss it. I wash some times, but good god man! If your cartomizer supply is that big, whats your juice supply look like? Holly crap! Im having issues getting past the fact that you have that many! How much have you spent? How long have you been with V4L? Lord!

lonercom

ECF Veteran
I have about 450 filled and prefilled about 400 blank and washed. Currently about 300 ml of juice and 250 more on the way.

I buy almost all of my cartos from V4L and I'm doing a little DIY.

V4L keeps having great sales and I don't have a go to vape. I prefer variety. Since I'm more addicted to the act of vaping I don't seem to put them down all day which means that I go through about 6 cartos a day.

I don't drip. If I have juice that's the same as the label I just reifill them till they get gunky, over heat or taste bad then wash them. For juice that I don't have cartos to match I use the washed ones and then clean them out to use for a different flavor.

I have been vaping for 6 months exactly so that's about 120 prefilled cartos a month which works out to about 25 prefilled packs a month. @average of 8.00 a pack, that's $200.00 a month. I spent more than $300.00 a month on cigarettes so I'm actually saving money now.

Keep in mind that cartos were/are designed as a single use disposable so any refills that I get are somply a bonus.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Heavens to Mergatroid ! Look at those Carto's !!

I have about 1/3 of the used that you have...i try to wash them everytime i get about 20 or so...then i stock pile them in a seperate container for hard times.

Actually, im with you Tommy...After washing them, I usually only fill them a couple of times then i think they're toast. Never as good as a new one.

I have found that taking the stuffing out of the KR808's, you can drip into them and they will last a good long while. I've butchered a few of the 510's trying to take the stuffing out, never found a good process for that.

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
That looks very similar to my method. One thing I found was that if I set my air compressor to 15 psi I can blow the carts dry in about 5 seconds each. More that 15 psi and you can't hold on to them :)

Unless it's a dry compressor, you want to be a bit cautious with that. Compressor Oil isn't exactly potable. Not horrendous, but not great either. (Generally "Group 3" IIRC)

lonercom

ECF Veteran
Happy AM Addy.

I have one of those 12v tire inflators but there's no way to regulate the pressure. feels more like 2psi to me but harbour freight is close by so maybe I'll stop in.

@TJQ86 the buttplug (to cartomizer users) is the latex piece that you find inserted in the battery end of the condom.

mmcall12

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
Indiana
All I can say is:blink: that is alot of carts to fill, I have just started filling mine when I get this next order, but I do have 7 boxes just waiting on the jucie I have coming... I order the new cool cart but they look the same size as the other carts I order,,, is the coolcart suppose to be longer,,,, maybe if someone could tell me what the 2 colors they have in the cool cart I could look I order the red and silver I think that all they had in the 2 colors.:(

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
Don't feel bad lonercom and flying low I probably got 1500 1 time used cartos with buttplug and condoms on them starting back from 1st of october 09...Between me and my wife(vaping machine) I have only refilled about 50-75 cartos since started vaping.Wife will not refill and I work 6 days a week and to lazy to hardly ever refill...I calculated the other day how much I have spent on vaping vs. smoking and I have spent a little more on vaping but wife chained smoked too!But I do still have a nice supply of juice and 1 of these days soon before juice expires going to start refilling...plus bonus I quess is if their is a ban I'm set for awhile also both of us are in much better health.On another note anyone interested in some of these carts will get rid of dirt cheap,most are premium but have some regulars too.Just got rid of about 500 regular carts couple months back to someone here on forum.I may put some of these carts up on swap thread so anyone intersted in some of these carts PM me.

MechTechVpr

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
South PA
Lonercom: the boxes you have the carts standing up in, are they ammo boxes ...If so ...what caliber do you use ... been wanting to get some haven't made it to gander mountain yet !!

By the way if anyone uses the squeeze bottles from "Howard Electronic Instruments, Inc." (or wants to) I have extra caps for the needle caps (they seal the bottle without a needle installed) and also have long needles and scabbards to cover them (18g 1.5"). I got 10 of the bottles and had to buy 50 needles, 100 caps and needle covers so I have a few extra !! PM me if interested ...

And a shout-out to Sherrick ....and the OP that recommended these "needle bottles" they are great for my filling method (or for precision dripping) ...thanks

Squeeze Bottles from Howard Electronics   Low density squeeze bottles

the link if anyone is interested

lonercom

ECF Veteran
I don't feel bad. I have about 500 prefilled and refilled cartos in stock right now. Those get refilled without a cleaning intil they just really need it. Up to about 600 washed empties. I use them for off label flavors (flavors that don't match the label) and refill them 1 or 200 at a time. I actually only spend 6 or 8 hours a month on carto maintenance.

I like the convenience of grabbing a bunch of different flavored cartos when I'm walking out the door and I go through 6 or 7 every day.

I spend on average $200.00 per month on prefilled cartos (Mostly from V4L) and considering that I spent over $300.00 per month on cigarettes I'm way ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread