Status
Not open for further replies.

dmdonald2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
michigan
Technically the stem thread attaches to the pipe body. The cartos that come with the pipe seal up against the top of the inside of the stem when fully attached. Since the provided cartos suck, I took boge and some other misc cartos and stuck them in. Since they were a tad shorter, I took a regular thick carto cap condom, trimmed a bit off the length and punched a small hole in the top. When I stuck it in the pipe stem, it stuck inside a small cutout area near the inside's top. When I used shorter cartos and regular attys with shorty drip tips attached, it kept the draw from being too light. Dripping proved to be somewhat of a pain so I switched entirely over to cartos in the pipe. Only downside was that there was no reliable way to know how topped off a non-clearo CE2 type carto was. So once I use up my stash of boges standard cartos and this pack of CE2s I'll start with whatever clearos I can find that fit.

Did you take the little rubber piece inside the stem out? Been wanting to try some different carto's on this pipe without changing the draw on it that much.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Hadn't taken it out until I read your post. Figured, what the hell and gave it a shot.

Little sucker was a pain to get out of mine. Doesn't seem to do much once out. If anything it seems to be making the draw just a little lighter than with it. Even with it in the draw on mine is like sucking air through a straw. I prefer a decent amount of resistance when I draw.

One other thing I'm noticing though. The light draw seems to be making it harder to keep the auto sensor going. I'm guessing that this may not be the case with other folks' pipes since auto sensors are not known for their consistency when manufactured. Some are easier, some not. I don't have another one of these pipes to test the theory and these may be different. I wouldn't bet on it though.

dmdonald2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
michigan
Yeah it does the same with mine when i tried it with different cartos or left the top cap off the carto that came with it. To keep it going I had to direct inhale just to keep it activated. I have pulled out the little rubber piece to see if I could get a dual coil in there but it wouldn't fit either. I was more wondering if you took it out when you put the condom in there. I just put one in mine and am using a regular boge with it. Seems to be doing ok the draw is a little lighter than what I like but that could just be the size of the hole in the condom. Going to try a smaller hole in the next one I cut up.

Hideto

Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
Canada
I received my pipe awhile back and also tried regular cartos. The mod I did was insert a cart condom cut down, but the hole in the end kept splitting, so I added a rubber gasket from a defective carto down inside the condom up against the mouthpiece gasket. My problem now is poor vapour production even with a decent draw. Any suggestions? Does anyone know of we can get the original-length cartos but as blanks/empties for filling with our own juice?

Ms. Rissa

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Oregon
I have one of these myself now. Got the 510 cartos that go with it and tried them out, didn't like them much (though by themselves on a non-pipe mod, not too bad) so I experimented and found that a 901 or kr808 carto on one of those little metal 510 to 901 adapters fits in there perfectly length-wise. I take the cap off the carto or juice starts to build up between it and the rubber plug up inside the mouth piece. I've been using LR cartos in it and so far, so good but the draw is quite airy (no more than using one of the special length 510 they sell, I should add) and I like a little more resistance when I vape. If anyone can come up with a way to stiffen the draw, I sure would like to know! I've tried different things that could restrict the air flow to no avail, and to be honest I can't really figure out exactly where the airflow is centered anyway!

Ms. Rissa

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Oregon
I like the 808 with adapter idea...hadn't thought of that. As to the draw, I use a carto condom with a hole punched in the end. Slip it over the end of the carto and widen the hole until you get the draw where you like it. Takes a few tries, but once it good you just reuse it on subsequent cartos.

I did try that but it seems I can't fit the end of the carto into the mouth piece with the condom on it. I can sort of cram it in but the condom just keeps stretching down... But yeah, the 808/901 with adapter works well. Just make sure the adapter is tight on the carto and don't tighten it TOO much into the fitting on the bowl or the adapter may get stuck. (I had that happen once and it was a pain to get it back out lol)

Darnit, there is a secret to this and I will figure it out! :laugh:

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Hmm...looking at some of the carto caps I have, the one that works is a bit thinner than the one on my boge's. Hadn't thought to check that. My bad.

Hideto, the cartos may be bad but its probably the same problem most of us are having with the draw. The lighter the draw, the more air gets in and makes it a higher air to vapor ratio. Tightening up the draw makes the vapor thicker on mine.

rreuille

Oct 19, 2011
Ohio
Just came across this thread and have a question about this pipe and supplier AZ Smokefree. I purchased this pipe for my husband for Christmas along with 5 blank cartos that go with the pipe. The pipe worked great for the first 2 days and then it stopped working. He changed out the battery and the atomizer but when you puffed on the pipe, the light would either blinks 3 times and you get no smoke or not at all. After swapping out batteries and cartomizers, now the pipe will come on all by itself while sitting in a stand on the table. He has been able to use it somewhat by disconnecting the battery between use. I contacted the vendor a week ago as this was under their 30 day warranty, but have not received an answer back yet. He loved this pipe while it was working. Anyone here have any ideas on this or had any problem with this vendor?

Ms. Rissa

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Oregon
Rreuille, I've had that happen to mine once so far but I'm sure it was my fault. I over packed a carto with juice and got the sensor wet. (it was gurgling bad so my dumb .... blew in it to clear it out! What the heck? Lol!) Luckily I was able to clean it out and get it dry and it hasn't happened since. That also happened to an auto 901 mini cig I have. Filled up the cart too much and it dripped down into the batt, causing it to blink and randomly fire. The sucky thing about auto batteries. :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread