Carto punch for 4 bucks at Lowe's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2011
Joplin, MO USA
I have seen a few threads about these, and have seen them for sale from some ecig vendors. The prices are usually listed anywhere from 7-20 bucks depending on where you go.

They are called "self tapping saddle valves". (image below)

http://www.dialmfg.com/HighDefPictures/9267-74 - 2005 HD.jpg

I was looking around for one, because I forgot to add it to my last order. I called Lowe's and they had em for $3.99. I bought 2 and they work well.

Figured I would share as its the cheapest I've seen for such a great tool.

-Leo

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
I am purchasing it tomorrow... Also what kind of carto do you use? I need it for smoketech dc would this work?
Yes it will. I got mine at Lowes for $7. It's that exact one that's in the pic. I punched over 50 dual coils and other cartos and haven't had a problem yet.

yo vapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2011
Texas
I punched a pack of Boge stainless steel ones, worked fine. I have never used dual coils, you may have to punch them in a special spot, but I'm not sure. The outer material is the same I'm assuming.
I got the same one at the depot.
Dunno about a magic spot. I place them in the clamp so that the bottom of the carto itself (not the threads) is even with the edge of the clamp. Using Boge 2.0s this works perfectly for me.

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
This is the one I'm looking for. Does anyone know where I can get one?

IMG_8986-Punch4.jpg

bamsbbq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Tacoma,WA

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Thats what i been using too.. The tip wears out kinda quick but for the price, you can't go wrong!!!
That is because saddle valves are designed to punch through soft brass supply tubing, and really only once or twice at that. But they definitely do the job well on cartos.

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
punching holes in the cartos to put them in a tank.

Sorry man. Still not getting it. "Put them in a tank"? I know what tanks are and I know what cartos are I'm just not getting how you put the 2 together. Cartos have a built in atty while tanks take specific atty's designed to work with them. Can you elaborate a little.

Is this combo used for a particular PV setup only? I just saw something about an ACTv3 and someone using a carto punch with it.

Last edited:

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Sorry man. Still not getting it. "Put them in a tank"? I know what tanks are and I know what cartos are I'm just not getting how you put the 2 together. Cartos have a built in atty while tanks take specific atty's designed to work with them. Can you elaborate a little.

Is this combo used for a particular PV setup only? I just saw something about an ACTv3 and someone using a carto punch with it.

Ok, disregard all the questions guys. I just looked on the website that was selling those ACTv3 tanks. Now I understand. Thanks for your patience. How are those things anyway? Work good? Leak issues? They look like they hold 3ml or more? Bulky but who cares for around the house.

Leonem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2011
Joplin, MO USA
Tanks are awesome. They work awesome. Its like a never-ending carto. Just have to top off your tank every so often. I use J-tanks and they do not leak at all. They hold 3 mil in the tank. You can get tanks that hold more, like 5 mils. Also you can get dual coil tanks that are longer than the normal ones. The 3 mil J-tank isnt bulky imo. It's prob about the size of an rcr123a.

Punching cartos has been working really well for me. They have been lasting about 9-10 weeks just sitting in a tank with candy cane juice, used daily. The flavor wasnt the best on the last week and I was about to change it out anyway, and then it decided to save me the trouble and die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread