Cartomiser life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
I am not sure if this has been addressed already or not. I have not been coming here to read as much in the last several months. I was curious as to how long it is safe to use cartomisers? I do not constantly use mine. I normally have 3 or 4 with different flavor juice in them. I rotate between my eGo Tank and cartos. Sometimes the cartos sit around not being used at all for a week or more. I have been using the same cartos now for about 4-5 months. They still work and seem to taste fine. I worry a bit about them sitting with the juice in them. Can the juice go bad? I mean, the juice is safe when stored properly but in a carto, it is exposed more or less to whatever is in my pocket, the air, etc.

I am not a big time vaper. I go thru about 1ml a day or a bit more.

Should I be tossing the cartos after a month or so? Just to be safe?

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
If I am going to be using them within a day or two I just put the condoms back on and let them sit as is, if I am not going to be using them for a while then I try to vape as much of the juice out as I can, then I soak them for a couple ours in Vodka and rinse them thoroughly and allow them to dry really good for at least 24 to 48 hours, then I put the condoms back on them and put them in a box I have for storage and travel.

Hope this helps a bit;
Nate aka Darth Vapor

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Normally, a carto lasts for a week or so. It would be best to toss them out by then. Sometimes your carto might be burnt and you won't even taste the difference. I would HIGHLY suggest that you look into this thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...us-510-kr808-4081-etc-filler-type-cartos.html

This has all the information you need on what to watch out for, progression of carto technology, as well as suggestions for cartos that are more burn resistant than others.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
True. However that was posted in 2009 and referred to inferior tech. If he's using newer horizontal cartos, there shouldn't be any worries in that regard. Unless he's vaping it to the bone! :?:

Wrong....the thread goes from 2009 until recently and covers all the technological developments of cartos from then until now. The new horizontal coiled cartos also have flaws such as adhesive being used. How safe is it or the long term effects from it? Nobody knows yet. Check it out for yourself:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...10-kr808-4081-etc-filler-type-cartos-539.html

EDIT: Horizontal coiled cartos can burn like others but are less resistant. It depends on the juice that was used in it and other factors as well.

Last edited:

keifer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
North Carolina
I'll just say that I've cleaned my Echo cartos and they look nothing like some of the pictures in that thread. Rinse them with hot water and soak in vodka - they are as white as snow. As far as how long a carto lasts before needing to be cleaned... my cartos with Vermillion River juice last 10-12 days before needing to be cleaned. I have a carto with Dekang juice from MadVapes, and I use it pretty much every day, that is 6 weeks old and still going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread