Cartomixers...Purchasing & Replacing the Stuffing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzy

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2010
Chicago
Since you've had no other replies, I thought that I would just put in what little I know. I've tried cartomizers but prefer atty/carts. Anyway, I don't think it is generally worth the effort to even try to replace the material. Cartos cost so little because they are not meant to last very long, and are meant to be disposable. But easy to transport/use. What little I've done with trying to disassemble one, the stuffing is at least partially wrapped around the atomizer and/or wires. I doubt that it would really be worth it to try. Just keep extras on hand.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Cartomizer with a Z.

I know what some people do when a carto gets singed but still works - they carefully pull out the stuffing somehow and then use it for dripping. (I think they stick a 901/510 drip tip on it). You should only drip if you have manual batteries. I think the open hole in end of the manual KR8's is blocked off inside with silicone. I think manual 510's have no hole at all. Not sure what PV you are using.

Cartomizers are meant to be disposable. If you are careful to refill them while they are still wet (before they singe the stuffing) then they should last for 5-10 refills.

Jfbrks

Jan 7, 2011
Delaware, Ohio,
Agree with dormouse, I am using the maxx fusion cartos. Couple things I like: they hold about 20 drops, last quite awhile, allow refilling. Have been able to clean by soaking in 151 rum. I'm finding that not letting them get dry, they seem to last longer.
In this carto, the wires from the atty are wound thru the fiber, hence no way to remove without damage.

deejay187

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2011
Coventry, UK
A lot of people are highly recommending the blue foam, you can get from a few suppliers.. they say it works a lot better than the standard filler you get in carts.

Strictly Ejuice sell it for 75 c for a bag of 10. & If you spend 10 bucks shipping is free (international!) so maybe order them in bulk or add something else to your cart.

Hope this link works: https://strictlyejuice.com/index.ph...ducts_id=222&zenid=3dmkdk4ge67bl7eb8ur8s99b72

I've ordered some, just waiting on delivery to the UK.

Last edited:

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
A lot of people are highly recommending the blue foam, you can get from a few suppliers.. they say it works a lot better than the standard filler you get in carts.

Strictly Ejuice sell it for 75 c for a bag of 10. & If you spend 10 bucks shipping is free (international!) so maybe order them in bulk or add something else to your cart.

Hope this link works: https://strictlyejuice.com/index.ph...ducts_id=222&zenid=3dmkdk4ge67bl7eb8ur8s99b72

I've ordered some, just waiting on delivery to the UK.

What the OP is asking about is cartomizers not cartridges. They're two different things.

I've seen a video tutorial about taking your cartomizers apart to clean them and replace the filler material, but it's a touchy process. I wouldn't do it. Cartomizers are cheap enough and easy enough to clean without taking them apart that I just toss them when they go bad.

04 Raider Rider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi Everyone, I'm sure someone has asked this question but when you get to the point when you can't reuse your cartomizers can you replace the material inside. If so does anyone know a vendor that you can buy the stuffing, etc. to renew your cartomizers..Thanks!:)

Have you tried boilng in water? I've had good luck there,boil 15 min,rinse ,repeat.For 2$ ea approx.,they seem to be a decent value,but performance does seem to vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread