Cartomizer Adapters for other battery types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
I saw a 901 cartomizer adapter on this site somewhere. I love the idea that I could take my (now unused) batteries and apply the cartomizer concept to them. I would love to have some 801 and 901 adapters. Any plans on carrying these Steve?

From my experimentations at home...dont bother trying a 901 battery on a cartomizer...the threads are the same, but that adaptor is needed to allow air flow...unfortunately youre left with a 901 battery, who's lifespan powering a cartomizer is about 20 minutes. thats why VK batteries are so big..they gotta be.

the adaptor is a manual battery adaptor (used so you can screw 901 manual batteries into the auto battery charger without ripping your button off) with a couple holes punched in it to allow airflow through the cartomizer. Cartomizers share a common thread size with 901 as it is, it's just that there's no air flow....well that and it like trying to start your car with a D cell.

The one thing i can think of that it would be good for, would be adapting a manual 901 passthrough to a cartomizer.

adapting a cartomizer to a 901 batt however is kinda like adapting your car to bicycle tires...you can...the question is; do you want to?

Last edited:

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I saw a 901 cartomizer adapter on this site somewhere. I love the idea that I could take my (now unused) batteries and apply the cartomizer concept to them. I would love to have some 801 and 901 adapters. Any plans on carrying these Steve?

There is an adapter that will allow you to continue using Vapor4Life's excellent cartomizers...

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
Well I have a couple of 801 batts and charger I have no use for anymore cuz my atty finally died, but figgered I'd just grab another atty someday with an order - where can one get this adapter though... I have a 901 batt that works w/ cartomizers - no adapter needed. Not sure why that is. Works great and lasts me a good hours or more (perhaps I don't vape as heavily?)

But as for the 801s It would be nice to have a use for the batts and charger if it's a cheap adapter! :D

Take care,
- Hap

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
All good points - just sitting on a stack of batteries I am never gonna use (wish I had found the vaporking first) and I would love to get something out of em!

If theyre the real deal, SLB marked batteries...odds are you would be able to sell them in the classified forum without much effort. People are always killing 901 batteries with over dripping accidents lol

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.

You will need one (preferably dead) 808D-1 battery and one (preferably dead) atomizer of the model you want to use the cartomizer(s) on.

Remove everything from the dead atty except the threaded part that screws into the battery. All you need from the VK battery is the threaded end piece which you press/glue whatever into the opposite end of the atomizer you gutted. Solder a connection between the centre contact of each before attaching the battery connector to the atty.

That's your adaptor.

Last edited:

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
Well I have a couple of 801 batts and charger I have no use for anymore cuz my atty finally died, but figgered I'd just grab another atty someday with an order - where can one get this adapter though... I have a 901 batt that works w/ cartomizers - no adapter needed. Not sure why that is. Works great and lasts me a good hours or more (perhaps I don't vape as heavily?)

But as for the 801s It would be nice to have a use for the batts and charger if it's a cheap adapter! :D

Take care,
- Hap

The "cartomizer adaptor" previously referred to is available @ Vapor Country..and possibly elsewhere. This device is simply one of those manual battery charging adaptors with a couple of pin holes poked into it so it can get airflow with a cartomizer. it is indeed fairly cheap.

To adapt a 510 battery is a taller order. Some of the mod gizmos available out there use adaptors to adapt themselves to different atomizers. For instance the "Silver Bullet" from Altsmoke.com comes equipped to take 510 attys, but there's an adaptor to screw into it for like $12.50 that allows you to adapt the silver bullet to a 901. they sell this same adaptor to allow people to connect 510 batteries to a 901 atty...so technically with both of those gizmos, you could, in theory, use a 510 manual battery on a cartomizer.

I wouldn't recommend it due to the literally abysmal battery life of a 510, and because you'll spend at least what a 510 battery costs if not double that buying the pieces to do it..but if you simply must, thats where to get the items LOL!

As far as 801-cartomizer adaptation...hrm...ive never had an 801 so i have no idea what thread pattern they utilize and as such what'd fit them. Altsmoke has an adaptor to adapt a 510 batt to an 801..but that doesnt help that i can imagine.

Last edited:

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
You will need one (preferably dead) 808D-1 battery and one (preferably dead) atomizer of the model you want to use the cartomizer(s) on.

Remove everything from the dead atty except the threaded part that screws into the battery. All you need from the VK battery is the threaded end piece which you press/glue whatever into the opposite end of the atomizer you gutted. Solder a connection between the centre contact of each before attaching the battery connector to the atty.

That's your adaptor.

yeah, that works too. Although once youve gone that far, coulda got a big honkin 3.7 volt battery and made a box mod lol.

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
yeah, that works too. Although once youve gone that far, coulda got a big honkin 3.7 volt battery and made a box mod lol.

I think the point of the OP's post was to make use of the batteries he already had on hand...not having to go purchase "more" batteries. lol.

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
I think the point of the OP's post was to make use of the batteries he already had on hand...not having to go purchase "more" batteries. lol.

true, but comming up with a dead atty and a dead battery alone wont be fun haha. a true vk/kr808d-1 battery at least has the little groove and vent holes to eliminate the need for any specialized adaptor parts. a dead 510 atty shouldnt be too hard..a dead VK battery is harder unfortunately.

it literally might be easier to get a 510-901 adaptor and modify it for proper airflow. i dont know what the shipping is, but $12.50 could be worse i guess.

I'm an amateur radio operator, so soldering isnt beyond me. Unfortunately not everyone is a master of the iron. A home spun adaptor could be beyond the scope of his ability, no idea.

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
He is a she - (and a mighty cute one too:pervy:) and has not yet entered into mod world just yet. LOL! When I do, I can see this will be my first experiment...now to kill a vapor king battery. I will be back in a few months to let you know my progress.:D

I have learned never to question the cuteness of a woman.
It's mighty hard to determine such things however, with little to work with. My apologies :(
I stand corrected.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW

Hi Phoenix
I got a 808/901 adapter a few days ago. Got my first cartomizers in todays mail. The adapter works fine. As I've only been hitting on the thing for a bit less than an hour I haven't really been able to tell if I like the cartomizer concept yet. It has most assuredly started out easily enough!

I got quite a bit of excellent feedback from the V4L crowd a bit over a week ago, Steve as well, regarding the 808 system. Was looking to find something for my wife to try. Almost went for it but I cringed at the thought of new chargers and new batteries and...... so I held off.

With this adapter, which was really inexpensive, the only thing I needed to get were cartomizers. MUCH less expensive route.

As far as batteries go, I'm set up with plenty of 16340's and 2 different PV's that use 901's, so being able to power the cartomizer is no big deal.

Steve, if ya haven't looked into the adapters... ya might want to. Just sayin'...

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
Hi Phoenix
I got a 808/901 adapter a few days ago. Got my first cartomizers in todays mail. The adapter works fine. As I've only been hitting on the thing for a bit less than an hour I haven't really been able to tell if I like the cartomizer concept yet. It has most assuredly started out easily enough!

I got quite a bit of excellent feedback from the V4L crowd a bit over a week ago, Steve as well, regarding the 808 system. Was looking to find something for my wife to try. Almost went for it but I cringed at the thought of new chargers and new batteries and...... so I held off.

With this adapter, which was really inexpensive, the only thing I needed to get were cartomizers. MUCH less expensive route.

As far as batteries go, I'm set up with plenty of 16340's and 2 different PV's that use 901's, so being able to power the cartomizer is no big deal.

Steve, if ya haven't looked into the adapters... ya might want to. Just sayin'...

I know there's been some talk of using cartomizers on larger pvs, and when i saw the "16340"s mentioned i presumed you werent pluggin them into old 901 batts but into a larger beast or two?

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I know there's been some talk of using cartomizers on larger pvs, and when i saw the "16340"s mentioned i presumed you werent pluggin them into old 901 batts but into a larger beast or two?

SD at the moment. I also have 2 AR's that I could use as well. So it made sense to try the cartomizer adapter rather than purchase a whole new system. And it works! Cartomizers are interesting critters for sure. Whole different technique in draw and such but thanks to the folks here on V4L I had a good idea of how to approach the thing.

So I sat around last night with a fresh charge on the SD and a new cart. Wanna guess which one outlasted the other? :D

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
SD at the moment. I also have 2 AR's that I could use as well. So it made sense to try the cartomizer adapter rather than purchase a whole new system. And it works! Cartomizers are interesting critters for sure. Whole different technique in draw and such but thanks to the folks here on V4L I had a good idea of how to approach the thing.

So I sat around last night with a fresh charge on the SD and a new cart. Wanna guess which one outlasted the other? :D

hmmm, screwdriver has a fair battery life ...cartomizers arent the fastest thing to blow away, unlike a 901 cart...

I'm going to guess the cart outlasted the SD battery by maybe 20-30 minutes, if not a wee bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread