Cartomizer - Changing liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaisyMahem

May 5, 2013
Naperville, IL
I'm sure this was asked and answered somewhere in this vast library of knowledge but I was unable to find it being the n00b that I am... SO ... I apologize for the likely repost.

What's the best way to clean out a cartomizer to ready it for a different flavor OR should I just buy a million of them and dedicate one for each flavor?

~Daisy

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
this has been asked and answered around 400 million times, your right. next time you can use the search function. Its like google. Top right hnd corner of every page on ecf has a search bar. The answer: Yes, you should dedicate 1 to each flavor if possible. That is the easiest way. Washing the cartos can sometimes harm them. We clean them all different ways. Some of us drop them in alcohol and then rinse them the next day, then dry them for a day, or dry them in the oven at 100 degrees for 5 min at a time. Some of us just run them under the faucet. But the best way is to buy more and dedicate each to a specific flavor, or a specific type of flavor. Like, if you have 1 with watermelon in it... And you want to use it again after running out of watermelon, put a fruit that you wouldn't mind mixing with watermelon. Good luck. Use the search.

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
One for each flavor is the easiest way to go, but they are fairly easy to clean. The difficult part can be getting them dry. You can clean them with water, but any water left in them can give you a residual taste. Pure grain alcohol (PGA) or any other clear alcohol like vodka will work, too and will dry much quicker. I use a hot water rinse, then alcohol, then force air through them with a syringe to dry. Here's a post on cleaning with a syringe. That said, I rarely clean them and am far more likely to just put a new one on or put up with a mix of flavors.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
That's why many of us have switched to clearomizers although you'd still need a couple of clearomizers. Using an atomizer is also handy for testing new juices as it's very easy to clean.

Edit: When I was using cartos and tried to clean them this is the tool I used- about $2.00. flushes water through and also shoots air through for quick dry. If the numbers are clear coated with nail polish it can also be used for DIY juice. After washing the filler material seemed to tighten up and really wasn't worth the work IMO.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Apex-Oral-Medication-Small-Syringe-1-ct/10811118

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread