Cartomizer Goo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debbie

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
South Jersey
I've noticed new cartomizers are sticky around and on the mouthpiece. It appears to be some sort of glue that was probably used to hold in the white lip end. It doesn't come off easily, however.

Has anyone been able to get this goo off with something? It makes my mouth stick to the carto. :mad:

I've tried soap and water, and alcohol. What else might work?

Debbie

Parmacrafter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2009
Parma, Idaho, USA
I have had this same issue with some of my cartos as well. What it actually is , is glue from the label. The labels are put on just a bit above the actual carto lip to help cover the white from the ring. What I have been doing is rubbing that top lip around on a rough wash cloth to remove the sticky. A flat pink eraser seems to work well also. The glue rubs off much easier either by hand or with a dry cloth or eraser. Most solvents just seem to make it smear more. Hope this helps.

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
I have noticed that the GreenCig carts are now glued tight at the mouth end where before it was piece of cake to pop off, now they won't come out without totally wrecking them. I imagine that was in response to people refilling them on their own in an attempt to reclaim orders lost to people refilling them on their own.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I have noticed that the GreenCig carts are now glued tight at the mouth end where before it was piece of cake to pop off, now they won't come out without totally wrecking them. I imagine that was in response to people refilling them on their own in an attempt to reclaim orders lost to people refilling them on their own.
I think you guessed right ;)

marya1144

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2009
N.E. Of Atlanta
I've noticed new cartomizers are sticky around and on the mouthpiece. It appears to be some sort of glue that was probably used to hold in the white lip end. It doesn't come off easily, however.

Has anyone been able to get this goo off with something? It makes my mouth stick to the carto. :mad:

I've tried soap and water, and alcohol. What else might work?

Debbie

I put a tad of olive oil on it and rubbed it off pretty easy... ( It's what I use to get sticky labels off glassware and such...( Well, I use veg. oil for that, I just used olive oil for the taste;) ...)I put a tad of olive oil on it and rubbed it off pretty easy... ( It's what I use to get sticky labels off glassware and such... Well, I use veg, oil for that, I just used olive oil for the taste;) ...)

-rotordemon-

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Portland, OR
I put a tad of olive oil on it and rubbed it off pretty easy... ( It's what I use to get sticky labels off glassware and such...( Well, I use veg. oil for that, I just used olive oil for the taste;) ...)I put a tad of olive oil on it and rubbed it off pretty easy... ( It's what I use to get sticky labels off glassware and such... Well, I use veg, oil for that, I just used olive oil for the taste;) ...)

Heh. We heard you the first time. :p

Bluerooster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
After using about 100 cartos before finding out they can be re-loaded.
I've not had a problem with goo.
and the little rubber gizmos on the mouthpiece pop right out, and are easy to re-install.
But I did find that every so often you'll end up with a carto that contains no juice.
(reason for re-filling).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread