Status
Not open for further replies.

Maile

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2012
Oregon
So not sure what the best cartos are. I love my dctv2 and use that for my all day vape but looking for others for flavors I don't vape all the time. Still new to this (26 days) and learning what's best. Should I get single or dual coil? I have two KGO sets (paronoid about backups) and a e-power 18650 (thanks tropical vapors). I've ruined a couple getting a burnt taste....want to make sure I order the right ohms and coils for what I have... Any advice would be appreciated cause I want to put in a bulk order. Thanks!!!

MommaAJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
CO
I am very new too, only my second week with my kGo, and I am liking the Boge 2.0 and the SmokTech 1.7 cartos (single coil). I have only found one juice that I like enough to use in anything bigger than a standard size carto and for the others that I like enough to have every now and then I am using either one of the cartos mentioned. I burnt out a carto my first day because I did not let it sit for a bit and really soak in. I find using the condom method for initial filling plus topping off after it has sat for awhile helps to prevent burning it out right away. And then topping off occasionally to keep it from getting too dry is important too.
Angela

Last edited:

lalasalama8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
north carolina coast
for now, with the kGo's, stick with the Boge 2.0 single coils. You can find them pretty cheap right now and they are very dependable and just right for the 3.7 experience your kGo offers.I am not a complete vaping rookie, but I really DO love trying new juices. I like to put different colored drip tips on a bunch of these Boges and keep a "key" on a legal sheet so I know what is sitting in front of me..lol. I'll bet right now I have about 30 filled and rotating. A new vendor, Sure Vapes, is selling he Boge 2.0's right now for $22 shipped for 20 of them...$1.10 each, which is the best price I have found outside of maybe a co-op that might be running. Here is the link...Boge 510 LR (4 Boxes) - Stainless

Freddie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
The NETWORK
First off choosing cartos is a PREFERENCE...Single-Double-Triple Coils! Then you have LR(Low Resistance)-Standard(Regular Resistance)-HV(High Voltage). You have to find the PERFECT COMBINATION to find out what's going to work BEST for you! Just REMEMBER the HIGHER the more coils you have and voltage you use them at, the WARMER the VAPE and THROAT HIT on inhaling! I have never used the TRIPLE coils, but I've heard that you can ruin your e-liquids in them because they HEAT VERY HOT! Single coils are my preference because I really don't like that warm vape! I use the Smok Tech LR 1.7 ohm XL and XXL cartos and Boge LR 2.0 ohm Regular and XXL cartos for dripping and tanks! Remember LOW RESISTANT cartos DRAIN your battery or batteries TWICE as fast! I was advised by some vendors to try using the Standard Resistant cartos so that my batteries would have a longer life expectancy! My personal opinion on that is Low Resistant cartos perform better than Standard Resistant cartos! I have also found(IMO) that Boge cartos are made with a little bit better QUALITY than the Smok Tech cartos! My advice to you is RESEARCH-RESEARCH-RESEARCH, because it is a TRIAL and ERROR basis! I hope you have found this somewhat helpful?! Good Luck and Happy Vaping!

phiniac.com :D

rock_lobsterrr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Des Moines, IA
for now, with the kGo's, stick with the Boge 2.0 single coils. You can find them pretty cheap right now and they are very dependable and just right for the 3.7 experience your kGo offers.I am not a complete vaping rookie, but I really DO love trying new juices. I like to put different colored drip tips on a bunch of these Boges and keep a "key" on a legal sheet so I know what is sitting in front of me..lol. I'll bet right now I have about 30 filled and rotating. A new vendor, Sure Vapes, is selling he Boge 2.0's right now for $22 shipped for 20 of them...$1.10 each, which is the best price I have found outside of maybe a co-op that might be running. Here is the link...Boge 510 LR (4 Boxes) - Stainless

Wow... sweet deal! Just picked up 20 SR cartos for my ProVari. Thanks for the link!

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
I have two KGOs and two more on the way.. I use Boge 2.0 and the 1.7ohm low res single coil (resurrectors at CCV). I prefer the 1.7's.. I also have some dual coil cartos but I think the single coils perform better on my KGO. It's all a matter of preference I think.. and thanks for the link lala.. that's a great deal! Just ordered some!

The Lukester

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Iowa
Definately you want low resistance for you device! The key for the noobs is you have to fill right away when you get that first off taste. The tendency is to take one more vape just to be sure and then burnt. My suggestion would be to figure out about how long between fill until off taste and just refill based on time not taste. Hope this will help some of the noobs, it sure made a difference to me when I was starting out :)

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
Definately you want low resistance for you device! The key for the noobs is you have to fill right away when you get that first off taste. The tendency is to take one more vape just to be sure and then burnt. My suggestion would be to figure out about how long between fill until off taste and just refill based on time not taste. Hope this will help some of the noobs, it sure made a difference to me when I was starting out :)

What do you mean fill right away as soon as you get a off taste? I am new to vaping so I am still learning. Also, what you be considered a low resistant cartomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread