Cartomizer questions (808 style)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TN_Snoopy

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Cookeville, TN
Ok, reading, reading, reading, confused.

I have been trying to understand the effective differences between
dual coil and single coil,
horizontal vs vertical coil,
low resistance vs. high resistance.

My understanding is:
dual coil is hotter, not necessarily better.
Horizontal puts the coil at the base of the polyfill, rather up through the middle of the air tube in the polyfil.
low resistance is hotter than high resistance (again, not necessarily better).

I am currently using Cig2O cartos, and refilling them. I believe (if I understand everything I have read) that they are single horizontal coil cartos. I do know they are HR cartos (used my multimeter) at roughly 3.4 ohms.

I was previously using V4L cartos, which I believe are vertical single coil (premium), and vertical dual coil (WOW). These are also roughly 3.4 ohm according to the trusty multimeter.

I like the Cig2O cartos MUCH better than the V4L cartos.

So, based on all this, can someone recommend a good refillable carto, and a good place to buy it?
Also, if my summary conclusions are wrong ore misguided, please correct me. I want to know what I'm talking about, so I can better know what I'm looking for.

btw, I use 808 style auto batteries, and I really like them. Tried 510, just too bulky and heavy.

Thanks for any help anyone give me.
--Snoopy.

iowena99

Apr 10, 2011
Surprise. U.S.A
Ok, reading, reading, reading, confused.

I have been trying to understand the effective differences between
dual coil and single coil,
horizontal vs vertical coil,
low resistance vs. high resistance.

My understanding is:
dual coil is hotter, not necessarily better.
Horizontal puts the coil at the base of the polyfill, rather up through the middle of the air tube in the polyfil.
low resistance is hotter than high resistance (again, not necessarily better).

I am currently using Cig2O cartos, and refilling them. I believe (if I understand everything I have read) that they are single horizontal coil cartos. I do know they are HR cartos (used my multimeter) at roughly 3.4 ohms.

I was previously using V4L cartos, which I believe are vertical single coil (premium), and vertical dual coil (WOW). These are also roughly 3.4 ohm according to the trusty multimeter.

I like the Cig2O cartos MUCH better than the V4L cartos.

So, based on all this, can someone recommend a good refillable carto, and a good place to buy it?
Also, if my summary conclusions are wrong ore misguided, please correct me. I want to know what I'm talking about, so I can better know what I'm looking for.

btw, I use 808 style auto batteries, and I really like them. Tried 510, just too bulky and heavy.

Thanks for any help anyone give me.
--Snoopy.

Good prophet now has the Kanger Horizontal coil 808"s and I've been using the 510 and they are 5star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread