Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Here is a Raven carto tank I found on the Ikenvape site. It's listed under the Projects tab. Not sure if this is avRaven product ikenvape is thinking of selling or if it is there design.

It's a $10 plastic tank+. Not sure what type of plastic it is. It has a fancy decorative sleeve around the tank. It is all chrome looking plastics including the end caps

Here is pic of it out of the box and on a Provari

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380486698.507533.jpg

First impression is that it looks like it was built with the Provari in mind. It shares the teardrop accents on the end caps.

Here it is disassembled.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380486806.675045.jpg

It comes with a carto I have not seen before. It has a round flange and a laser vertical slot. The filler inside only comes about half way up the carto. I assume it is a Raven carto. It read as 1.2 ohm on the Provari

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380486922.420074.jpg

Here is a close up of the fancy sleeve and bottom cap.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380487035.177669.jpg

I tried it with the Raven carto first. Works fine but that carto seemed to veer toward a burnt taste under heavy Vaping. Even at 3.2 volts.
So I switched it out for a Boge LR XL. Now it works much better.

It's a cool looking tank. Cheap at 10 bucks. Seems a better value than the $10 thin plastic DCT tanks I have plus they hold more juice.
The one odd thing is that the fancy sleeve is not attached to the end caps and spins around the tank. The tank is very thin as you can see in the photos. On a thicker tank it would fit more snug. I am not really bothered that it spins but it seems a bit odd.

Maybe I will do a precise measurement and see if it will work with a blank IBTanked Pyrex tank glass. Not sure if the end caps are compatible.

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
IBTanked pyrex tanks. IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us! Available in three lengths: halfling, standard, & XL. Available in 15, 19, 22, & 25 mm diameters. Low profile stainless steel or anodized aluminum end caps. Options to customize the pyrex glass tubes with hand-painted designs.

Am very new to all this. Have tried cartomizers and clearomizers and now feel I'd like to try a cartotank.

Went to IBTanked => "Complete Tanks". Even just guessing to "build" one it came out at least $70.

Are there "pre-built" "factory assembled" cartotanks available (hopefully for less than $70)? If there are...which one would be a good "introductory" cartotank to try?

[Sub-question: I've tried Kanger T3S and ProTank. Are these cartotanks...or, really, clearomizers?]

HappiVappi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Altamonte Springs, FL, USA
Am very new to all this. Have tried cartomizers and clearomizers and now feel I'd like to try a cartotank.

Went to IBTanked => "Complete Tanks". Even just guessing to "build" one it came out at least $70.

Are there "pre-built" "factory assembled" cartotanks available (hopefully for less than $70)? If there are...which one would be a good "introductory" cartotank to try?

[Sub-question: I've tried Kanger T3S and ProTank. Are these cartotanks...or, really, clearomizers?]

I cannot comment on those prices, but if you just want to try a cartotank, I suggest Boge tank and Boge cartos. Those tanks come in 3 sizes. F15, F16 and F17. They are not made from pyrex and don't have a locking mechanism either, but I am quite happy with them. I got the tanks from vaporbeast.com and the slotted cartos from kidneypuncher.com
HTH

Cheers

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

I don't see how you came up with $70? :blink::confused:

19mm stainless steel caps = $17.50
19mm standard length pyrex tube = $5
2.0 ohm standard Smok cartomizer = $ 1.50
rook clear drip tip = $ 0.00
refilling drip tip = 2.50

This is for a plain non-customized tank. If you add custom features (ie painted glass tube) the cost for those will be additional.

"Tank" is a generic term which can be defined as any juice attachment which holds e-liquid where you can "see" the e-liquid.

There are cartotanks (use cartomizers, which use a wad of polyfill fiber in a steel tube as the wick material) and clearotanks (or clearomizers, which use string wicks in a steel tube as the wick material).

The Kanger T3 and Protanks are clearomizers or clearotanks, not cartotanks because they don't use a cartomizer.

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? Juice Attachments

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
There are cartotanks (use cartomizers, which use a wad of polyfill fiber in a steel tube as the wick material) and clearotanks (or clearomizers, which use string wicks in a steel tube as the wick material).

Thanx for the GREAT information (and PM)!

Since I'm pretty new to vaping (and had started with clearotanks) I began looking into cartotanks...thinking they'd be something different to try.

But I just got a couple Aspire ET-S BDC Glassomizers. They are fantastic!

So...question...are cartotanks a different "experience" in vaping? Or are they basically just a different "delivery system" for similar taste/vapor/throat-hit (and thus I otta' relax and just enjoy my Aspires)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread