Cartomizer that will work with the ProVair HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

alffalvo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Western Maryland
OK I'm new so I didn't know that the Smokteck XXL dual coil cartomizer will not work with my new provair What xxl cartomizers will work with my ProVair? :facepalm:

Should I even use dual coil cartomizers? what ohm should I use?

When I placed my provape order I did order 1 pack of cartomizer but there very small compared to the Big Smokteck dual coil but glad I got them or I would have a new & my first Provari and no cartomizer :ohmy:

Can you maybe tell me were to find them at a good deal?

THANK YOU

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Did you already try the Smokteck XXL dual coils on the Provari? Did they cause an error reading?

For regular dual coil cartos, I get my tank replacement cartos directly from smoktek here:

Accessories

I like ordering tank replacement cartos from a vendor that allows a choice in the number of pre-drilled holes in the cartos, in the oHm resistance that I need.

I recently switched from the dual coils to the single coils in my carto tanks. I had used the dual coils for months because that is what originally came in the tanks. Over time, I was finding that I was experiencing a lot of burnt taste, even though I was pretty certain I was getting a good juice flow from the tanks to the coils. I decided to switch over to the single coils for a while, and I'm glad that I did. I'm seeing equal vapor production, longer battery time between charges, and best of all no more burnt taste after a month's use in all of my tanks. I know a lot of people love dual coils, but I just don't see the benefit. I'm enjoying the single coils more, with the added benefit of longer battery life.

The 2.0 - 3.0 oHm cartos should work best for you if you plan to vape between 3.5 and 5.0v's. I don't care for a particulary warm or hot vape, so that's what I use. Others here may like an even lower resistance oHm for a warmer vapor.

Last edited:

alffalvo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Western Maryland
I tried the smoktek dual coils for the ego and the treads are to far up and will not work Maybe its were these are for the ego some smokteck I just noticed have the treads at the bottom like on a tank cartomizer mine are up in side the cartomizer and they work fine on VMAX but on the provair the treads on the connector are different than the vmax :facepalm:

Im just trying to make sure I order the correct cartomizer "this time" THANK YOU for the help

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I tried the smoktek dual coils for the ego and the treads are to far up and will not work Maybe its were these are for the ego some smokteck I just noticed have the treads at the bottom like on a tank cartomizer mine are up in side the cartomizer and they work fine on VMAX but on the provair the treads on the connector are different than the vmax :facepalm:

Im just trying to make sure I order the correct cartomizer "this time" THANK YOU for the help

Not entirely sure but it sounds like you got ego threading on the dual coils you ordered. Just be certain any future cartos you order are 510 threaded.

Lt. Col. Killjoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana

You have EMDCC's, Ego mega dual coil cartomizers. You can use them on your provari, you just need a 510 to Ego adapter. They sell them at Provape, but you can get them from many different vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread