Cartomizer vs. 510 atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
2 days ago i received a couple of 510 atomizers to try out. To give a brief history of my vaping ride i started with a gamuchi disposable then moved to the Envy(dont ever go there) and then found V4L. Absolute heaven from the moment i found them. Although i have moved on to a HV Mod i still use Cartomizers exclusively from V4L but wanted to know what the hoopla was about dripping with a 510 atty.

Here is my comparison of the two:

Cartomizer: Excellent flavor at 6V. I know everybody loves the flavor with their 3.7 batts but extra voltage means extra flavor. I realized this when using my PT. The flavors on a 5V PT are more richer than the batteries and the vapor is mucho excellent the higher up the voltage meter you go. TH also escalates the higher up the voltage meter you go. This is what ultimately led me to a HV Mod. I work from home and having to go from the PT to the batteries when on the go truly showed the stark contrast in flavor,vapor and TH. Refilling carts are extremely easy and they last pretty much as long as you want them to. By that i mean if you care for them(wash,rinse,dry,everclear bath and many more) they will last an extraordinary amount of time for a "disposable" unit.

Grades:

Flavor: A+
TH: B Only because to many factors determine the TH.
Vapor: B Again only because other factors affect this.
Longevity: A+

510 Atomizer: I think i can definatively say that the hoopla can only be because these folks have never tried a Cartomizer. So when i get my atomizer i put it on my SB, change the battery to a 18650 3.7V (I wanted to be fair) Drip 4 drops of Atomic Fireball in the atty, wait about 30 seconds and start vaping. Great Vapor at 3.7V but not much flavor. Anyone that has the juice Atomic Fireball knows that this juice is full of flavor and packs a punch equivalent to a mule kick. So i have read post after post about dripping and breaking in new attys so i wasnt deterred and just kept vaping on it. 2 days have passed now and although the vapor production has increased the flavor hasnt. I have used over 6ML of juice on these atty's so i know they are broke in pretty good. Compared to the cartomizers i have no choice but to describe them as pretty tasteless. Yep, the flavor is there and i can recognize what flavor it is but it just doesnt have that crisp and full of flavor punch you get with the cartomizers. I have also used the atties at 6V but that is pretty useless as it just obliterates the flavor. At 6V i get no taste from these attys at all. Its like a flavor killer and i have some pretty potent juices in my stash to choose from and it killed all of them. I was faithul 2 these 2 atties and used them exclusively for 2 days. As im writing this i have since switched back to my cartomizers and am in Vaping bliss once again.

grades:

Flavor: D
TH: C
Vapor: A+
Longevity: I cant really give a grade here as there only 2 days old.

In summary Cartomizers are in a class all by themselves for Flavor, TH, Vapor, and Durability.

Last edited:

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I think there is validity in that statement expecially with AngusAT just now getting around to wanting to try cartomizers.

I'm not really sure how my vaping experience lends credence to your theory, but I will correct you here. I have tried cartomizers. I just haven't tried V4L cartomizers yet, just the standard dekang-filled stuff.

I've also tried the 801 and 901, in case there is any confusion there. :)

Edit... I've also vaped at 3.7v, 5v, 6v, and 7.4v. And one time, at band camp.....

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
I'm not really sure how my vaping experience lends credence to your theory, but I will correct you here. I have tried cartomizers. I just haven't tried V4L cartomizers yet, just the standard dekang-filled stuff.

I've also tried the 801 and 901, in case there is any confusion there. :)

Edit... I've also vaped at 3.7v, 5v, 6v, and 7.4v. And one time, at band camp.....

Sorry for referencing you but you have been around awhile.

I will correct this statement also: Cartomizers are not in a class by themselves. V4L CARTOMIZERS ARE IN A CLASS BY THEMSELVES.

jamvector

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Wisconsin
Psh..my Cheerleader outfit is Purple and Gold baby!! Go VIKES! (I'm a Minnesota native)

:)

I can try to fit into my traitorous wife's purple #4 jersey if that would help, wouldn't look good with the cheesehead though.

PS: I grew up in MN as well and as a Viking fan, but 30 yrs in WI in addition to the Queens breaking my heart so many times, has caused me to settle for life as a Packer FANBOY. My wife and her die hard Packer family (born and raised for several generations in WI) have turned into Purple Monsters! It's a little strange that the people who tormented me for so many years can switch allegiance so quickly :(

I started with the 510 and I was very disappointed when I dropped some flavored juice in it. I am still on the 510 but I made a huge order from v4L yesterday to replace my whole setup in order to attempt to get some flavor out of this experience.

I just started 8 days ago and haven't had an analog since but I am really looking for some kind of flavor and I am not getting it for the 510. Hopefully my V4L kits / carts show up today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread