Cartomizers for my joye 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporAdam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
Upstate,NY
Ive been doing alot of reading and it seems blank cartomizers seem to be very popular, for flavor and vapor production over the normal cart. How long will the atty last in a cartomizer (as long as a normal 510 atty?) and are they able to hold a good amount of juice? And who sells them relatively inexpensive? Thank you !!

Iamfoltzy

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2010
Freeport, FL
I get my cartomizers from Nhaler. They have a rubber piece at the mouth end that is easy to remove for refilling. They hold 20-25 drops. I had been using the same carto for about 2 weeks now, ymmv. I've only recently converted to cartos a few weeks back, so I am still experimenting myself.

So far, I love them. A lot more consistency compared with regular carts and a lot less hassle refilling.

Neekyme

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
PA
Ikenvape has had 2 sales now where their colored cartomizers are 1.50 for the 510 I believe. The KR808s were 1$ each. I can fit between 17-20 drops in the KR808 ones. I dont have a 510, so can't really help there.

I like the cartomizers, easy to fill, can grab a couple and be good all day when out and about. When I'm home though, I tend to vape a while, then pop the top off and drop another 5 drops or so in, recap and vape some more. Supposedly that'll keep them lasting longer. Cleaning them is easy too, boil wash and rice dry lol

I think the convenience of it is making them more attractive to some. I can't imagine trying to drip with lil ones underfoot or while driving.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I drip mostly but also have some blank, refillable 510 cartos which I got from madvapes.com - pack of 5 was $10 not inc shipping. They are a good company to deal with btw, do spare parts as well as kits n stuff. madvapes and cignot are now the only places I get my 510 things from cos Ive had good experiences with both over a few months of purchasing.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Oh yeah, vapour production is intense!! I get more vaping with a cartomizer in a standard 510 at 3.7v than I would with a big battery mod at 6v

I'm not sure how you're doing that. I have 6V mods in both 510 and 901 formats. I use the 510 cartos and the kr808 cartos when I drive for convenience but the vapor production doesn't even come close to what I enjoy at 6V with a high resistance atty. Just sayin'

roadrash

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
Hillsboro NH
Originally Posted by jesseb05
Oh yeah, vapour production is intense!! I get more vaping with a cartomizer in a standard 510 at 3.7v than I would with a big battery mod at 6v

I'm not sure how you're doing that. I have 6V mods in both 510 and 901 formats. I use the 510 cartos and the kr808 cartos when I drive for convenience but the vapor production doesn't even come close to what I enjoy at 6V with a high resistance atty. Just sayin'

I agree, I have 2 different 510 carto styles and at 3.7 It's like vapin a Blu.
Most have found you have to go to at least 5v to get any vapor:2c:

TenK

Jun 3, 2010
Henderson, Ky
I'm new here so still learning. Earlier this week I thought dripping was the hot thing, but it's sounding like folks are migrating to cartomizers. Am I right?

I've used almost any atomizer/cart/carto in the standard lineup and I still prefer dripping, but I have replaced using carts with using cartomizers. They hold more, last longer, and can be used on an auto battery with decent performance. Carto's are more for when you are doing something else with you hands like driving and cant be dripping every few drags, for me anyways.

vaporAdam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
Upstate,NY
I tried my 1st cartomizer today (blank with my ry 4 in it) and i dont think ill ever go back to carts again... this thing holds tons of juice, the draw is much nicer with it, as is the taste and vapor. i wish i had gotten these when i got my kit rather then plain old carts. Anyways, anyone who hasnt yet tried the cartomizers, try them !!

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
I tried my 1st cartomizer today (blank with my ry 4 in it) and i dont think ill ever go back to carts again... this thing holds tons of juice, the draw is much nicer with it, as is the taste and vapor. i wish i had gotten these when i got my kit rather then plain old carts. Anyways, anyone who hasnt yet tried the cartomizers, try them !!

The cartos are a great step away from filling carts. Next time you're at madvapes think about this. MadVapes e-Cig 'How To' Tutorials • View topic - 6v Top Feeder Juice Box
Then you won't even have to fill a carto and you can try 6 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread