Cartomizers for taste testing new flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

silar

Jun 5, 2014
United States
I would like to get some cartomizers for taste testing new flavors of liquid. My wife and I are always trying new flavors out and have pretty much ruined a few tanks due to changing flavors constantly.

Are there any carts that do not come with the cotton so we can drip directly on the coils, or if not, what are the easiest ones to remove the cotton from? I got a couple from a local vape shop but had a hell of a time trying to remove the wicking material from it and literally destroyed it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
:laugh: Don't attempt to remove the wick material from a cartomizer. They were not designed for that.

You have a couple of options to do what you described. Get either a 510 drip atomizer or a pack of nano clearomizers.

atomizer-3.jpg 510 drip atomizer

DiscountVapers.com_Vision_Nano.JPG nano clearomizer

Proper Terminology: Guide to Juice Attachments

A 510 drip atomizer is like a cartomizer without the wick material. Inside is just the heating coil. You drip a few drops of juice into the tube, vape a few times, then add additional juice. Many people use these to sample flavors. To change flavors, just dry burn what's left of the previous flavor and then add the new one. An atomizer should last 2 - 4 months in longivity. Most are sold with a little primer liquid in them, so be sure to blow it out before using for the first time. These are available as bridged or unbridged; it seems unbridged are more popular, but this is a user preference.

A nano clearomizer is just like any bottom-coil clearomizer except it is the size/shape of a cartomizer and only holds 1 ml of juice. It is filled by removing the mouthpiece and adding juice into the clear tube. Remove any unwanted juice by removing the mouthpiece and emptying the tube. These are considered disposable units, so will only last a couple of weeks use. Flavor will not be as true as a 510 drip atomizer, but many people find these more convenient to use than a drip atomizer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread