• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Cartomizers. They make for a better vape experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
Steve Rowley of Electronic Cigarette Store | South Africa sent me a smaller e-cigarette the ECS 4081 to try. I believe this is the same model as the Njoy and I must admit I didn't even open the thing for some days because I was so intrigued with my DSE 905/ECS screwdriver.
However, curiosity got the better of me and I charged the ECS 4081 up and I noticed it came with a box of pretty heavy looking solid cartomizers which looked like real cigarette filters- except longer and wider. You just screw one onto the battery and vape away. Mine came with coffee flavour in High Strength and let me tell you guys and girls I was pretty impressed with this product. For me, the novelty of the screwdriver has worn off a bit and like all the penstyles and the Janty we always get burnt taste at some point or another, but with the cartomizer which is a prefilled atty (takes up to 30 drops) and "disposable" meaning you can throw it away after you've vaped it dry or...if you know how, you can refill.
Now the ECS 4081 is a nifty e-cig. I have only used it with cartomisers and I am on my second cartomiser since Friday. The vapour and flavour is awesome. I got a bit of a fright because this was too real to my cigarettes and even the draw and throat hit feels like a real cig with the cartomizer. I have been having such fun with this e-cig that it has not left my hands since I put down the DSE 905 on Friday. Cartomisers are really disposable attys with non detachable cartridges. No more fiddling around.
screw one on and you are off and about doing your thing. The first cart lasted all of 3 hours, and it died the same time my battery died. I should have read on the forums beforehand and I might have detected when the cartomizer was going to die. It just gives off big vape and then dies, but it will give big vape without flavour before it dies, so the trick is to know this...once the flavour has subsided then you must either refill or screw on another cartomizer. I took the first one apart and unlike refillable cartridges with just a wad of stuffing, this is a pretty sophisticated cartridge. First you prise off the cap then there's a plastic o ring followed by a fiber "O" ring of sorts then there's another "o" washer which finally reveals the tightly spiral wrapped core filler material which is centered around a proper wick. Under the core is the atty. Now what I did was weigh a prefilled cartomizer which was sealed and rubber capped on both ends. It weighed in at 5g. I filled my empty cartomiser with about 15 drops-20 drops and it weighed in at 4g. You have to fill it from the screw end (where it screws into the battery) one drop at a time - and you watch the drops getting sucked in. Once filled you should give the refilled cartomiser some centrifugal force so that the liquid coats the entire core.
If you add too much liquid you will get juice in the mouth-You will soon get a feel for "topping" the cartomizer. Now using this refilling method the same cartomizer has lasted 4 days and is going strong. Not once have I had the burnt taste of filler material like normal cartridges which is a huge plus for me. I'm not wasting liquid anymore (as you know not all e-liquid will vaporize in the normal carts, but it will stick in the filler material) and best of all this is by far the best method to get the true taste of the e-liquid. - I can taste the liquids better in the cartomizr than in all my other e-cigs and that's quite something.
The cartomisers have a nice solid feel and complement the battery - there's no plastic - and trust me when I say you will never taste plastic with the cartomizer and you will never taste burnt anything.
I'm not sure if the cartomisers are supposed to be refilled but if you do have a surplus of juice lying around then I can't think of a better way to use the juice. However the prefilled juice is pretty good. I must say the coffee cartomisers are one of the best I've tasted.
Yeah, my vape of the moment is the cartomizer because it's such a great vape. I love the throat hit. It's like bang on target with every draw. I highly recommend the ECS 4081, It's actually becoming a fast favourite of mine as an all around '' Closest to ever having a real cigarette in my hand" experience. Only better. I just hope I can make the atty last :D
Upate: The second cartomiser I used for refilling died after 4 days. Way better than not refilling at letting them die after 3-4 hours of constant use. Now to the third cartomiser...

Last edited:

Aucorium

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
I have the original 4081 and it was the worst purchase I ever made and never really used it appart from with a passthrough I got. My 510 passthrough now blows that away. So I would be reluctant to equip it with cartomizers.

Now a 901, 510 or 801 with one of these attached sounds more appealing.

I would be interested to know how it compares with the KR808D1 which has pretty decent battery life on the face of it, and how it actually compares cost wise, as I can imagine buying a copious amount of carts rather than attys.

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
I have the original 4081 and it was the worst purchase I ever made and never really used it appart from with a passthrough I got. My 510 passthrough now blows that away. So I would be reluctant to equip it with cartomizers.

Now a 901, 510 or 801 with one of these attached sounds more appealing.

I would be interested to know how it compares with the KR808D1 which has pretty decent battery life on the face of it, and how it actually compares cost wise, as I can imagine buying a copious amount of carts rather than attys.

I'm not sure about the model number or even if it's the same as the one on this link. All I know is that with a cartomizer the thing becomes a beast and gone is that burnt plastic taste forever. Do yourself a favour. Try them. I don't even need a passthru but the batts well they are small so I don't mind charger hopping in the house. I would also like to know if these are the Vapour king cartomizers, but *cough* they rock.
ECS 4081 Cartomizers

I've also refilled them by turning them upside down and dripping into the metal hole and you can see the drop getting sucked in. Seems to work a treat without having to go through the whole dismantling of the cartomizer but you'll drip slower to fill it. I'm not sure of the wisdom of this method but the batteries are fine so far...

Last edited:

stephenrowley

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hi Vaporista,

The cartomizers that we supply have a different design to the VL cartomizers, the VP heating coil passes through the middle of the cartomizer and is a long none coiled wire, ours use the same coil around a wick system as a normal atomizer less the wire mess above the atomizer and the cup below the heating coil, I will try post some pics soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread