Cartos last about 2-3 days...what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chexuma

Dec 27, 2010
Florida
Hey everyone,

I've been vaping for a while, but my cartos seem to last only 2-3 days at most before turning meeeh. I make my own e-liquid with 20% Perfumer's Apprentice coffee, 5% PA chocolate and 20% VG. I have a 3.7-volt simple boxmod. I see in reviews that people claim that the mega-sized dual-coil clearomizers last for 2 weeks or a month. Is there something wrong with my setup?

Thanks!

Off Topic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
The Wood Between the Worlds
Darker flavors gum the carto faster.

I use DIY wintergreen/menthol and get about 5-7 days before they start tasting off.

Also, keeping the carto wet increases it's lifespan. The dryer it gets, the more gunk you get built up on the coils.

I buy my cartos in bulk, so I don't sweat it if I go through a couple a week.

Crystal Clear Vaping

You can clean them. I just don't bother. There are several threads on the how to of it.

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
When I was using cartos, I would run an unfolded paper clip through the bat side hole carefully to break up any build up.
Then I would overfill a bit and wipe off the black soot.
Run the paper clip in and out a few more times wiping it off.
That would restore the carto's draw and it would vape fine again.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I get seven days or about 15 ml nonstop from Smoktech low resistance single coil XL cartos (stainless steel) before I change them out. I use them without a tank but I use unflavored juice. I suspect that some juice flavors are not going to last as long as others or as long as unflavored juice. It's the accumulation of stale, darkened, heated old juice in a carto that makes the flavor go south after a while. Some flavors do this faster than others.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
I'd say you were doing nothing wrong,,,,,I go through about 3-4 cartos a week and so does my daughter,,,I buy my cartos for about 34.00 for 40 of them, free shipping, and they last about a month, maybe a month and a half for 2 of us,,,,,,,,so about 1.00 a day, give or take for both of us,,,,,pretty cheap compared to 7.00 or more a pack for cigarettes,,,,,,

rcbell.N51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Minnesota
Yes, it's more a matter of how many ml you can run through a carto as opposed to how long (in time) one lasts. I routinely get four or five days out of my cartos, but I swap between 4 different tanks regularly. As yzer says "seven days or about 15 ml". I can vape through 15 ml in one day on a Saturday or Sunday, 10+ ml a day on a weekday when working. I'd say I swap out cartos every 4 tankfuls on average. Also some juice seems to get better mileage. Most coffee flavors I've tried will kill a carto in 1 or 2 tanks.

countrygirl1291

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2011
Texas
I'd say you were doing nothing wrong,,,,,I go through about 3-4 cartos a week and so does my daughter,,,I buy my cartos for about 34.00 for 40 of them, free shipping, and they last about a month, maybe a month and a half for 2 of us,,,,,,,,so about 1.00 a day, give or take for both of us,,,,,pretty cheap compared to 7.00 or more a pack for cigarettes,,,,,,

Where do you get them for that price?

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
Where do you get them for that price?

cartos can be had cheap, co-ops are a prime example, where more often than not a boge co-op is going on to grab them at .40 cents each or so, equating to about 2 bucks for a pack of five....you can find cartos cheap from specific vendors as well, for instance vapor beast almost always has deals on them....quite frankly i pay a bit more for my cartos from ikenvape, but they last me months and months with regular cleanings

What I'm wondering is why are you using cartos?

i'm wondering why you would question it....some people like cartos, some don't....it depends on the user and the application when it comes to juice delivery systems.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Its not your cartos its your juice thats doing that ,chocolate and coffee are two flavors that are known to shorten the life of atomizers.
I cant give you the technical details why but I remember reading it here on the forums and it made sense at the time.

Some juices are very carto friendly. some of mine last a month or more.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
my carts last 3-6 days before muted flavor starts. i save them till i get a cup full. fill the cup with vodka. let sit a couple days. dump the vodka and replace. another day. then put them in an ultrasonic jewlery cleaner for 3 minutes. put them in front of a fan or heating vent for a few hours. let them air dry another couple days. i use a sewing needle to make sure the air hole is clear. they work very well after that. sounds labor intensive but each step is only a couple minutes. the ultrasonic cleaner is about $25 at any big box store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread