Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
THESE ARE CARTRIDGE TIPS POSTED BY RUYAN, from this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=422&start=210#p7379

Ruyan said:
Update on cartridges (trick for ALL kinds of cartridges in general): After one day of smoking my cartridge looked dry, and I didn't have the same feeling on my lungs anymore as with a fresh cartridge, so far this is normal of course. I took a pencil and pushed the tissue in and pulled it out a little... I did this a few times until the whole tissue was drenched in liquid again (rest liquid at the bottom), put the tissue back into its original position, making sure no tissue threads appeared above the container - not to touch the atomizer. I could smoke for another 2 hours!

This means:
first 4 hours smoking (put away your e-cigarette horizontally-keep the liquid from over moistering the atomizer)
after 4 hours smoking (put away your e-cigarette vertically-moisture the atomizer)

Atomizer:
Your atomizer should always be humid and not dry. If it is too humid, just blow the liquid out of it. If it is too dry (burned taste, no vapor), drop one drop of liquid onto the atomizer, then put a cartridge.

Tutorial: How to extract liquid from a cartridge.
take a fresh (or some ) cartridge(s) and take out the tissue(s) with a pencil
put the tissue in a normal syringe you can buy at the local drugstore (the ones without the needle of course!)
push the syringe empty into a recipient such as a small glass container used for eardrops (rince well before using!)
now use the ear drops bottle's "pipette" to control a few (max 2) drops of liquids to fall on the atomizer.
Your atomizer is humid now.
from here on you have 2 choices:
1. you smoke with a dummy for 16 puffs and then drop 2 more drops of liquid (repeat).
2. put a normal cartridge and smoke the cartridge

Smoking with dummy and liquid on the atomizer is tricky, if you do not control it well, your atomizer will dry out and die. If you use cheap liquids your atomizer will cloack (please do not try to be Dutch, you'll end up paying a new atomizer and gain nothing using cheap liquids). Don't believe me? Please refer to this test of liquids to check on residue after very hot heating!

http://www.e-cigaret.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163

happy e-smoking,

ludo

bishybob

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2008
Arizona, USA
Ruyan said:
This means:
first 4 hours smoking (put away your e-cigarette horizontally-keep the liquid from over moistering the atomizer)
after 4 hours smoking (put away your e-cigarette vertically-moisture the atomizer)

Yeah I noticed when my cartridge is about half empty... If I leave my e-cig sitting horizontally over night or even a few hours, all the liquid has moved to only one side of the cartridge. You can see half of it is white the other half is brown split down the center. When this happens it doesn't produce vapor as well...

Pretty good tips. Thanks!

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
bishybob said:
If I leave my e-cig sitting horizontally over night or even a few hours, all the liquid has moved to only one side of the cartridge. You can see half of it is white the other half is brown split down the center. When this happens it doesn't produce vapor as well...
OMG, I've noticed this too and had no idea why. Thanks for keeping your thinking cap on and helping out my feeble pea-brain.

012_421The-Simpsons-Homer-D-Oh-Post.jpg

Gunny

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
OK... I've just successfully attempted to create a better hit from my pen style cig. Slight bit of a hassle, but IMHO well worth it.

The hole in the cartridge is just to small to accommodate a good hit for me. Occasionally I would remove the cartridge and just draw with an open atomizer. WOW! Smoke!:)

Well to get to the point, I used a dremel with a 1/8 inch bit to open the cartridge tip effectively doubling the size of the hole. Now I get smoke!

Important! Drill slowly and perhaps use 2 bits. 1st 3/32 then 1/8, as the tip will want to spin with the bit if you try to do this too fast. It is very messy and potentially dangerous to your fingers when this happens.

Last edited:

phylo

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2008
Santa Cruz Ca.
Are you talking about the mouthpice of the cartridge? I have actually been opening the whole up as well, but I usually use an exacto knife or other small blade and just hog the hole out and then tap the mouthpice on my desk desk a couple of times to make sure that no pieces of plastic fell in.. It does make a difference in the drag...

Phil

Gunny

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Are you talking about the mouthpice of the cartridge? I have actually been opening the whole up as well, but I usually use an exacto knife or other small blade and just hog the hole out and then tap the mouthpice on my desk desk a couple of times to make sure that no pieces of plastic fell in.. It does make a difference in the drag...

Phil

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. The hole is about 3/8 to 1/2 inch deep & I drill it all out and purge out the debris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread