CASAA | Board Nominees & Elections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
It is with great pleasure that I submit to the E-Cigarette Forum the nominees for the first Board of Directors for CASAA: The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association.

The link to the voting page will be announced on Midnight, Sunday, October 18th 2009 and the prospective nominees achieving the highest percentage of votes will be announced exactly one week from that time

This should allow all ECF members the opportunity to research the posting histories of any nominees and vote on the twelve members they feel would best represent the general membership of the ECF and the electronic cigarette using community in general.

Complete voting rules will be posted in this thread in three days.

Here they are (in no particular order):

ECF_Nickname: yvilla
ECF_Nickname: eric
ECF_Nickname: Webby
ECF_Nickname: Sun Vaporer
ECF_Nickname: Þornbjörg
ECF_Nickname: SSRob
ECF_Nickname: ladyraj
ECF_Nickname: halfevildruid

ECF_Nickname: Drewsworld
ECF_Nickname: TropicalBob
ECF_Nickname: dperino
ECF_Nickname: nitewriter
ECF_Nickname: Moobyghost
ECF_Nickname: Kristin
ECF_Nickname: webtaxman
ECF_Nickname: stevo_tdo
ECF_Nickname: mtndude
ECF_Nickname: mister
ECF_Nickname: HaploVoss
ECF_Nickname: MrKai
ECF_Nickname: BigJimW
ECF_Nickname: Vocalek
ECF_Nickname: breakfastchef
ECF_Nickname: RIMP
ECF_Nickname: Kate51
ECF_Nickname: Robert
ECF_Nickname: Territoo
ECF_Nickname: Kamanjah
ECF_Nickname: gr8dane
ECF_Nickname: SLDS181
ECF_Nickname: seminolewind
ECF_Nickname: Thulium

· Each Nominee received a minimum of 25 “nods” from ECF members to be considered.
· Each Nominee was contacted privately and consented to serve if elected to the Board.
· Additional SE and Officer positions will be decided by the elected Board members.

My undying thanks to all nominees for sharing in this very important task and accepting the responsibility of guiding the efforts of CASAA.

Last edited:

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
bigjimw-albums-random-mind-madness-picture3160-meontime.jpg

Last edited:
Away for 24 hours due to computer malfunctioning :( but back now :)

Thanks for all the nods (some 40 odd!) but I decided to step out because 1) realistically I'm too busy, 2) I feel the key battleground currently is in the US.

So best wishes to all the finalists.

I'm happy to see my two nominees accepted :) And nearly all those who have been formulating the mission etc :)

Hope we have 12 votes each (pick 12 from 30) - is that how it will work?

Last edited:

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Thanks for all the nods (some 40 odd!) but I decided to step out because 1) realistically I'm too busy, 2) I feel the key battleground currently is in the US.

So best wishes to all the finalists.

I'm happy to see my two nominees accepted And nearly all those who have been formulating the mission etc

I have to admit KB - I was surprised to see you leave but I understand and respect your reasons for (shall we say, temporarily?) standing down. Personally, I see this as a user’s fight but at the moment (with the battle lines clearly draw in the United States) I see your argument. Unfortunately for everyone, unless the U.S. Decision ultimately wins out, this can easily become a global requiem.

To be honest, I was a little curious myself as to how the nomination process would play out.

Surprisingly, (and happily for me) there were no great mathematical algorithms needed or splitting of prime numbers. It was fairly simple process of taking all those who; 1) garnered more than 25 mentions (some members supplied lists of a dozen nominees) and 2) were willing to serve.

NOW – not to oversimplify the process, there were hundreds of emails to board@casaa.org.

My thanks to Nick, Jay and Paula at WebOperations.net <insert shameless plug> for being neither smokers/non smokers/e-cig users/non-e-cig users and simply calculating the votes because they are professionals and that’s what they do.

Hope we have 12 votes each (pick 12 from 30) - is that how it will work?

We’re working out the final small “what if” details, but yes – that seems to be the consensus.

1. Voters will choose (up to) 12 names from the available nominees.
2. The top twelve nominees (by percentage) are selected.
3. No more than three supplier/manufacturers may be included.
4. The Final Twelve are selected.
5. From that 12, three SE’s (Subject Expert Officers) are chosen, for Sci/Med, Legal/Financial and Communications/PR This is done by a vote FROM WITHIN THE BOARD.
6. From that same 12, the standard (Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer) officers are chosen. This is done by a vote FROM WITHIN THE BOARD.

Shortly afterward, there is a bolt of lightning and we unlock the vault that contains the sacred knowledge to beat ASH and the FDA...

..in leu of that, we complete the web site, start collecting members, organize them, empower the board to act on CASAA's behalf, print campaign materials, establish a physical presence and phone line for CASAA, complete the Articles of Organization for our LLC/NPO and basically get off our collective asses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread