Status
Not open for further replies.

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
[SIZE=+3]SUPPORT CASAA!!![/SIZE]

Does your contribution to CASAA really pay for the things you intend?

We're glad you ask. We welcome the opportunity to tell you of the programs you support when you make a donation to CASAA. They all fall under three major headings: activism, research and education. Within this site you will find published news stories, scientific studies, links and campaign materials to help in the fight to keep electronic cigarettes and other harm reduction methods publicly available. If you'd like to help CASAA keep these efforts going, please fill out the SSL-Secured Form located at www.CASAA.org

Just to be clear, we welcome donations of every size and kind. Large. Small. One-time. Quarterly. Annual. Sporadic. We gratefully accept it all. And now we invite you to choose the way you will contribute to this most necessary educational endeavor.

Click on "Support CASAA" and you will be taken to a SSL-Secured page for First Data (Wells Fargo) to complete your transaction. You will not be billed again (unless you wish to join a monthly billing cycle) and there is nothing to cancel. Every quarter, complete financials will be posted on this site detailing where your donations were spent for postage, campaign materials and activism efforts for harm reduction.

On behalf of the Board of Directors for CASAA, you have my heartfelt thanks.
Michal “Webby” Douglas
President – CASAA.ORG
The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
I made a donation, and got a receipt.

So now I'm wondering if can deduct this from my taxes?
I wasn't expecting to be able to, but now I wonder.
:)

daggumit. I meant to make that VERY clear when we opened the link. It's been a hot topic on the CASAA internal boards, and we discussed it in great detail (here) months ago.

It was agreed on by the board that while we worked toward our non-profit status, we would open our site with SSL certificates and fully transparent financial records.

Pro - CASAA can accept donations for postage, activism and printing costs.

Con - Those donations are not tax deductible (until we achieve 501c status)

I am thrilled with the reponse of CASAA members who have donated to the effort. CASAA has a long standing reputation of being open and democratic to a fault. That said, we will happily refund any donations that were made with the understanding that they were tax deductible. ;)

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Glad this thread came back up. Are you getting many donations? There hasn't been loads of responses and there should be, this is VERY important.

Agreed!

CASAA bank account balances will be posted next month at www.casaa.org (but in fair credit to our initial sponsors) replies here may not have been obvious, but participation has been SOLID.

That said, we still desperately need more members to come forward an we know how joining a cause can be daunting:

- Your donation will be anonymous.

- Becoming a sponsor does not open you up to endless email or phone calls for future events. We appreciate your support and will NOT abuse it.

- See http://www.casaa.org/about/privacypolicy.asp

- CASAA donations are ONE TIME. No recurring billing to cancel or difficult cancellation
processes. Donate again (please!) but do not fear that you will be billed repeatedly.

- As mentioned in an earlier post, donations are (for now) NOT tax deductible. We are working on obtaining nonprofit status.

- New programs are in the works to make being a CASAA sponsor affordable.

- CASAA Does NOT allow advertising or preferential treatment to sponsors.

- You will NEVER be solicited by a fellow member through the CASAA network.

Fair Enough?

Last edited:

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
I originally had a problem in finding how to donate to CASAA a couple weeks ago and had to ask for "directions" to the button. It seems to me "Support CASAA" is pretty vague and maybe should be replaced with something like "Join CASAA" or "Donate to CASAA" or even a blatant "Donate".
"Support CASAA" really didn't get my attention and I just read right over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread