CASAA Testimonial Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
E-cigarettes and other Tobacco Harm reduction strategies: a collection of success stories

Are you fed up with the claim that “there is no evidence” that e-cigarettes, snus, or other low-risk tobacco/nicotine products help people quit smoking? We are, too. It is obviously wrong, since every individual story of how e-cigarettes helped someone quit smoking (especially after many failed attempts using other methods) is such evidence! When CASAA fights against restrictions on e-cigarettes at the state and local level, we almost always win. The main reason for that is because CASAA members turn out and tell the lawmakers about how e-cigarettes were the reason they quit smoking. Most people understand evidence like that!

Did you quit using one of these safer alternatives?
Tell us about your success story!

With this in mind, CASAA is compiling these individual stories so that we can back that individual testimony with a large collection and make it impossible for anyone to keep pretending that there is "no evidence." We know that there are hundreds -- perhaps thousands -- of you who have succeeded with tobacco harm reduction (THR) using e-cigarettes, snus, or other products and have already written your stories for testimony, letters to the editor or web posts. Thousands more have their own success stories that have never been reported. We want to collect those stories!

If you are someone who quit smoking by switching to e-cigarettes or any other smoke-free tobacco/nicotine product, please go to our testimonials collection page (click here) and tell us your story in your own words.

If you have already written your story, you can copy and paste it and this will only take a few minutes. (There is just one page of quick, simple questions followed by a box to paste your story into.) If you have not already written your story, this is a good opportunity to do so; it will take a bit more time than some of the check box surveys you may have already done, but it is worth it: These personal stories have proven to be the most powerful means of convincing doubters!

For those who are interested in receiving updates about this project or joining CASAA, you will also find information about those in the survey.

Thank you for your contribution to this project. We are confident that it will really make a difference!

Please forward and repost/share this anywhere that seems appropriate (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, blogging, vaping

Be sure to leave your story by clicking the link above. Comments left on this blog post will not be included in the official testimonial collection.

I appreciate your work but it seems like the majority function of your movement is surrounded around United States.

Perhaps I am unaware but please enlighten me on your efforts in places like Europe and Asia (where I am from).

By the way, I joined today.

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
I appreciate your work but it seems like the majority function of your movement is surrounded around United States.

Perhaps I am unaware but please enlighten me on your efforts in places like Europe and Asia (where I am from).

By the way, I joined today.

Since each jurisdiction tends to look at what other jurisdictions have done when contemplating its own new laws, what happens in the US will affect Europe and Asia, just as what happens there affects us in the US.

I have also posted my quitting story in European collections, and would be happy to do the same in any Asian collection. I just haven't been made aware of any such collections.

Since each jurisdiction tends to look at what other jurisdictions have done when contemplating its own new laws, what happens in the US will affect Europe and Asia, just as what happens there affects us in the US.

I have also posted my quitting story in European collections, and would be happy to do the same in any Asian collection. I just haven't been made aware of any such collections.

Thank you.

ArtyPa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Delaware
Long version is typical of every other city kid from a blue collar environment.....(Thats SW Philadelphia)
smoking became ME and i became SMOKING
My life changed when I discovered vaping 50 years after I started tobacco.
i can now die from some other condition... Watch..I'll get hit by a Marlboro Truck...(hehehe)

Arty
Milton, De

claudebo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Maine
here's what I posted

Hi

Thank you for the opportunity to describe my smoking history and how I have not smoked a cigarette for over a year.

I started smoking at an early age, before freshman in high school I had already tobacco.
I was smoking regularly by junior year in high school. That was in 1968, when I was 17.

I did quit for 3 years in 1986 to 1989, but made the mistake of playing with cigarettes again. It was as if I had never quit.

My habit was at about 1.75 packs per day. Fairly consistent though the years.

I tried e-cigs in 2011, with limited success, had equipment problems and it was not providing what I needed or what I was getting from cigarettes. I tried again in spring of 2013 with a new batch of equipment and I real understanding that pushing myself with guilt was not going to work.

My quitting system was quite simple have a use your e-cig equipment prior to having a cigarette.
At that point I was at 24 ml of nicotine. It toke the edge off and encouraged me to continue.
By August I smoked my last one, and only half of it. Don't get me wrong it was not easy, but it worked, unlike the other attempts gum, patch and celebrex.
So now I am an e-liquid addict, is it better? Well I feel better, my cough is gone, I don't take cough medicine before going to bed.
Are there bad side effects, yes food taste so good!! I have gained 10 lbs. If I use to much e-liquid I do not sleep well.

So where are things now, well:

I learned never to play with cigarettes again, not even once.
My nicotine level is between 9 and 12 ml slowly cutting down from a high of 24.
Cost of e-cigs now including equipment replacement is at 75 per month.
Am thankfull for all the advice I got from fellow e-cigs users on u-tube and the
the forum.
I greatest wish if that I could be an addict in peace, without worry about FDA
and other agencies that do not seem to realize that a non-perfect solution is
still a liable solution.

Regards,

claudebo

charly1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Logan, Indiana
Started smoking when I was 19(1973). Quit for 3 yrs in 2002 was doing great. Then My idiot X-son in-law come up to me in a bar and acted like everything was hunky-dory. I got anxious and blood boiled, I picked up a cig and the rest we all know. I might add the Idiot X-son-in-law put a load gun on my daughters head, he lied his way out and the Cops didn't prosicute.

Anyway in 2012 I had a light stroke, I started Vaping and cut my cigs down to about 2/day. I would lite a cig up, take 2-3 drags then put it out, that way I could lite up 1 cig 5-6 times. Then New Years Eve 2013 I finally got off Cigs, its been over a year of No smoke just Vaping.

Also I carry 2 egos, one tank with 6mg Nic and the other is 0 Nic. So half of what I vape is 0 Nic.

This is what E-Cigs has done for me, if it wasn't for E-Cigs I know I still would be smoking a carton/week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread