CASAA's letter to NYC Officials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
Another reason everyone should join CASAA, Thanks
The NY Times states Dr. Ross receives funding from electronic cigarettes organizations. It sound as if the NYT wants to discredit Dr. Ross with that accusation--as if he is our water boy. The NY Times has become a propaganda machine for those who want to control every facet of our lives--telling us we should love the"Affordable" Care Act, and telling us what we should or should not eat,what we should or should not drink drink,what we should think about different issues--on and on and on.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
The NY Times states Dr. Ross receives funding from electronic cigarettes organizations. It sound as if the NYT wants to discredit Dr. Ross with that accusation--as if he is our water boy. The NY Times has become a propaganda machine for those who want to control every facet of our lives--telling us we should love the"Affordable" Care Act, and telling us what we should or should not eat,what we should or should not drink drink,what we should think about different issues--on and on and on.

ANTZ are quick to dismiss any ecig supporter as being funded by nefarious ecig organizations or BT, at the same time being careful *not* to disclose where their funding comes from... I love to point out that a large part of funding for ANTZ comes from the Master Settlement paid by tobacco companies, so we should perhaps question all ANTZ statements as being paid for by BT...

FYI, here's a writeup of Dr. Ross's appearance at the NYC hearing: Dr. Gilbert Ross: E-Cigs Could Be “A Public Health Miracle” | Ecig Advanced News

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I do want to believe that. I do... but seeing what's up in Europe... trying to ban the e-cig for the second time in only a month and an half...

:(

I've always believed in giving people one "benefit of the doubt" chance to show their intentions. I still try to do that and am doing it in this case. But now I hold my breath while doing so and no longer have much confidence in the outcome. Sadly, ANTZ deviltry has changed my view of the entire public health and medical establishments into a negative one, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
ANTZ are quick to dismiss any ecig supporter as being funded by nefarious ecig organizations or BT, at the same time being careful *not* to disclose where their funding comes from... I love to point out that a large part of funding for ANTZ comes from the Master Settlement paid by tobacco companies, so we should perhaps question all ANTZ statements as being paid for by BT...

FYI, here's a writeup of Dr. Ross's appearance at the NYC hearing: Dr. Gilbert Ross: E-Cigs Could Be “A Public Health Miracle” | Ecig Advanced News

I watched ALL four hours of testimony. A lot of big players there. Was very hard to listen to all the ANTZ and alphabet orgs. There was vaping going on during all of this (not sure this helped our cause). One woman complaining how much her eyes and nose burned because of it. Sadly, I believe a lot of the Council Members have already made up their minds. Such a shame because those on our side who participated definitely won the day!!

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
There was vaping going on during all of this (not sure this helped our cause). One woman complaining how much her eyes and nose burned because of it.

This reminds me of a story I heard of secondhand (haven't been able to trace to source) of a well-known ANTZ who was leading a local hearing on ecigs (the evils of). Someone in the audience appeared to be vaping, and the ANTZ saw it and immediately began windmilling her hands and fake coughing, whereupon the "vaper" held up her "ecig" which turned out to be a battery only, not even a tank or carto attached...

(I do agree that group vaping at the NYC hearing was probably counterproductive....)

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas

Actually,they said "Dr. Ross ADMITTED he was funded by some ecig groups. That is really stretching it.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Actually,they said "Dr. Ross ADMITTED he was funded by some ecig groups. That is really stretching it.

A perfect example of how word choice can direct the reader's perception of an issue. "Dr. Ross explained he was funded...." (explanation = innocent) vs. "Dr. Ross admitted he was funded..." (admission = guilty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread