Cascade Baby SE Tank: Seeping Fixed Maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
727BF98F-75A2-4895-87C1-ED6B37B732A9.jpeg

The Cascade Baby SE mesh tank that comes with the Polar mod is excellent. First tank in a combo I’ve ever loved at it upstages my Troll RTA. The one thing that some and I have a problem with is juice seeping from the top fill. Mine is fixed now and hopefully this works for others who have this leak.

Unscrewing the top cap off (reverse threaded), the plate under it seats firmly on the seal and my thought is that it will seal better with use. I opened and closed it a couple dozen times thinking that it would help wear it in to seal better. It seems to have worked and it’s not seeping anymore. I leave it on its side full of juice overnight and no seepage now. I think with use the seal is seating better on the plate. I’d advise to keep the seal clean of any debris, and keep pulling up on the top as you swing it open and closed so that the edge of the cap won’t scrape across the seal.

Photo 1 - The white seal. Seems to be Teflon.

Photo 2 - The plate engages a latch that runs up a ramp to press the plate down on the seal as you close it.

Photo 3 - Both the hinge and latch side pull down firmly on both sides when the plate is swung closed.
AFA19550-C380-402E-BA77-03FC13CF63FA.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread