Case for 901

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
It's been around for a while and it is an OK starter PV. In good conscience, I can't recommend any auto switch PV, however. The manual switch PV's are just plain better performers when it comes to thoat hit and vapor. There is suppose to be manual batteries for the 901 coming out this week.

For longer battery life (7-8 hours), consistent throat hit and very cheap batteries $2 instead of $12-$20 for most PV's, I would go with the Screwdriver. It uses a 901 atomizer and is no bigger than the DSE901 but you have all of the above advantages.

cybervex

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Southfield, MI
It's been around for a while and it is an OK starter PV. In good conscience, I can't recommend any auto switch PV, however. The manual switch PV's are just plain better performers when it comes to thoat hit and vapor. There is suppose to be manual batteries for the 901 coming out this week.

For longer battery life (7-8 hours), consistent throat hit and very cheap batteries $2 instead of $12-$20 for most PV's, I would go with the Screwdriver. It uses a 901 atomizer and is no bigger than the DSE901 but you have all of the above advantages.

This has nothing to do with my question :), however after having the 901 now for 5 days and changing the battery many many times, I have been thinking about ordering a manual. I have been debating the Screwdriver or the Prodigy. I am just waiting for some reviews on the Prodigy and maybe a few comparisons of the SD and Prodigy.

Great Forum by the way

Smoke Free for 5 days

cybervex

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Southfield, MI

Do the atomizers last just as long with the screwdrivwer or do the tend to fail quicker?

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Do the atomizers last just as long with the screwdrivwer or do the tend to fail quicker?

Actually I've found that the atomizers last longer than on an auto switch 901. I've been told because you heat the atomizer longer and it gets hotter because of the battery type, the liquid vaporizers better and gunk doesn't build up on the atty nearly as much as it does on the weak battery/cut-off switch auto batteries.

Note: check out eastmall.net for a case, now that I understand what you were asking.

Marlyn M

Apr 1, 2009
NV
What is the best case for a 901? Looking for something that fit in pants pocket.
The have a new slim case at Eastmall comes in red or black. Just got mine and it is tiny, fits my 901's and 510. Also the standard cases aren't even as big as a pack of cigs. You can get them at just about any supplier, I would advise waiting until you make an order form eastmall or ruyandirect, they have the lowest pricing on the cases.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread