casual smokers, e-cig social rituals--disposables--shared germs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OaklandCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
OaklandCA
I'm in California and for quite some time i have been the one my friends bum cigarettes from. Now that i'm not buying analogs I am in the awkward/pleasant position of not being able to offer them a smoke. Nonetheless i enjoy the ritual and want to share. What have folks found is the best way to offer an e-cigarette to a casual friend. I don't want to hand them $25 worth of hardware and have them walk off with my battery and atomizer. Should i buy a bunch of cheap e-cigs and share them around. if so what is the cheapest disposable you would give to somebody that you would ask for it back.

i'm talking both quality (don't want them to thing e-smoking is expensive junk) and something i could do a couple times a week and not feel crazy. (giving them a hit from my cigarette is fine for close friends but i'm talking casual hang out folks who i might not want to share germs with.

do folks cary a spare with a cart to throw away after? etc. any social rituals around vaping with near strangers?
how is the old cigarette as offer of friendship ritual going in the e-world

FyH

Mar 9, 2010
CA
From my social encounters with my e-cig I honestly only let close friends try it out. Thats not to say I haven't offered it to those who have that extremely puzzled yet curious urge to try mine out, much like gemini says, you can always bring 2 extra carts for them. If you have the vapor king, the clear rubber end-caps are great for somewhat sanitized transportation.

I have met a handful of friendly people from this gesture, its an incredibly social centerpiece at small group outings.

thelook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I'm in California and for quite some time i have been the one my friends bum cigarettes from. Now that i'm not buying analogs I am in the awkward/pleasant position of not being able to offer them a smoke. Nonetheless i enjoy the ritual and want to share. What have folks found is the best way to offer an e-cigarette to a casual friend. I don't want to hand them $25 worth of hardware and have them walk off with my battery and atomizer. Should i buy a bunch of cheap e-cigs and share them around. if so what is the cheapest disposable you would give to somebody that you would ask for it back.

i'm talking both quality (don't want them to thing e-smoking is expensive junk) and something i could do a couple times a week and not feel crazy. (giving them a hit from my cigarette is fine for close friends but i'm talking casual hang out folks who i might not want to share germs with.

do folks cary a spare with a cart to throw away after? etc. any social rituals around vaping with near strangers?
how is the old cigarette as offer of friendship ritual going in the e-world

When I am out and about I have let a few people try my PV, I always have extra cartos so I am not worried about germs.
At home when we entertain, I supply all my smoking guests with equipment to enjoy while in my house, or they can choose to go outside and smoke, in Wi, needless to say most vape:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread