Status
Not open for further replies.

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Havoc: your black on black on black LBC jr is on the way along with your 4 batteries, shipped today around 4pm. Should arrive Saturday.
Yes sir! Got incoming tracking updates already, so I'm super stoked to join the LBC Jr. owners club this weekend. [emoji106]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SirVtHondaGuy08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2015
Tonight’s combo, now to get a beauty ring for this.
a216c900784ec02094367b938f060568.jpg

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
LBC Jr. arrived yesterday morning about 9:15 AM but busy Christmas shopping day didn't allow me to finally work with it until today.

I see what you guys have been saying about how well it fits in hand, and how ridiculously lightweight it is. Especially after using LBC200s exclusively for over a year.

Tom, it was a fantastic idea to round off that one back edge for added comfort! [emoji106]

Threw on a Ch-O-Atty and looking mighty fine!
1aa64b8d8ad382d49bfae641ac222854.jpg

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
LBC Jr. arrived yesterday morning about 9:15 AM but busy Christmas shopping day didn't allow me to finally work with it until today.

I see what you guys have been saying about how well it fits in hand, and how ridiculously lightweight it is. Especially after using LBC200s exclusively for over a year.

Tom, it was a fantastic idea to round off that one back edge for added comfort! [emoji106]

Threw on a Ch-O-Atty and looking mighty fine!
1aa64b8d8ad382d49bfae641ac222854.jpg

Looks like the screen is out of its notch. The screen should be recessed 1/32” from the faceand tight to the faceplate. Suggest wiggling it with silicone tape while squeezing the faceplate inwards. Could just be the way the camera caught the screen however. The screen should sit exactly like the LBC 200.

Reactions: havok333

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I’m not sure how many of you noticed the clear blue mod shell that was posted along with pics of the red 20700 batteries. The blue body was made of this new material that I was sure was going to be a contender for future mods.... well that’s a big ole’ fail.... evedently a material called “Tough” is nowhere near tough enough to be called an LBC. Wanna see what 2 hours and $142 worth of fail looks like?
Formlabs SLS “TOUGH” exhibit “A”
2E45B313-B0E3-457A-97FC-3E0064EAD1D4.jpeg

Formlabs SLS “Tough” Failure

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Looks like the screen is out of its notch. The screen should be recessed 1/32” from the faceand tight to the faceplate. Suggest wiggling it with silicone tape while squeezing the faceplate inwards. Could just be the way the camera caught the screen however. The screen should sit exactly like the LBC 200.
Thanks man, it's just the camera angle/shadows. Screen is set just right, but I recall you mentioned the same fix in a pic I posted a good while back.

Love the black Ultem buttons for the full murdered out look BTW. Really appreciate you taking the extra time to make those. When/if time comes you sell extra sets, thinking they'd look really cool on my neon LBC200 so I'd snag a set too. They look to be the same size.

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
I’m not sure how many of you noticed the clear blue mod shell that was posted along with pics of the red 20700 batteries. The blue body was made of this new material that I was sure was going to be a contender for future mods.... well that’s a big ole’ fail.... evedently a material called “Tough” is nowhere near tough enough to be called an LBC. Wanna see what 2 hours and $142 worth of fail looks like?
Formlabs SLS “TOUGH” exhibit “A”
View attachment 705101
Formlabs SLS “Tough” Failure
Was that from just a dropped mod?

SirVtHondaGuy08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2015
Still trying to figure out exactly what this atty is on top? Whatever it is, looks smaller than 22mm in the pic. Love the black/Ultem colors. :thumbs:

It’s a nuppin V2 with a custom made ultem cap (not by me but another member on here). I think it’s an 18mm atty.

Last edited:

SirVtHondaGuy08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2015
Gotcha! Not the first time I've asked about one of those atties.

Excellent atty, I’d highly suggest getting one if you can. Only down fall is they aren’t made anymore and when I see them pop up it’s usually attached to a fairly pricey mod.

Reactions: havok333

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
On that note, has anyone found anything new in the atty world that work well as BF atty? The last several months I've been steadily using DPro atties on my LBC200s. They are an airflow upgrade from the O-Atty and have been working out quite well, though have a slight deficiency in juice well. To me, they look too large on the LBC Jr. and make it top heavy. :D

On to the new LBC Jr., the O-Atty looks nice but not sure I'm gonna be able to deal with the reduced airflow. Tried the Wasp Nano RDA just a bit ago and liking it much better. Haven't dragged out the Stumpy yet for it but probably tomorrow night. Was just wondering if you guys have found any new interesting atties that might go well with a Jr.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Was that from just a dropped mod?

No, when tapping the brass inserts into the board mount bosses the face of the mod cracked before the insert was fully pressed in. It was thrown at the concrete wall at that point and it exploded into a pile of blue shrapnel. The same throw was done to a cf (standard body) and zero damage. Hopefully you will never have to find out just how tough the LBC jr really is. I have tried and failed to do any more than dent it which was sanded out quickly. If I had to give a quantitative estimate of strength of “Tough” vs Carbon fiber/nylon I would put “Tough” at no more than 20% of the strength of the carbon material, maybe less. Mind you this Failure was when driving a 3/32” brass, knurled insert into a 3/32” milled hole; the hole was a perfect bore only undersized for the actual knurling. We never even got to the 510 installation which can be a bit challenging on the shell. I have no doubt 510 installation would have been catastrophic. The Carbon Fiber laughs at the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread