Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
The Saga continues.... As you were...

Contact info:
Pm
All orders or shipments incur a $6 USPS priority charge, this fee is paid once per order not per product. Canadian shipments incur a $20 shipping charge and all other countries incur a $25 charge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Happy anniversary!
This week is Catfish's birthday.

Who would have thought a redneck with a borrowed drill press would have made it this far on a $300 investment.
I love you guys! (No Homo). I had a vision and exceeded that vision last December with the launch of the Derringer and Marquis clone run. We have come a long way baby. From the Derringer to the Stumpy this has been a blur of a year so far.

Cheers to all of you! Let's see if we can keep this winning formula working.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
The final will not be all smudgy on the CAM-M part.
But this is the look so far.

image.jpg

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Easy guys... I have kicked around the idea of quitting my job to do this full time and if I were 10-15years younger I probably would. I have quit jobs for way worse reasons. I do think about it but if I did I would go all the way. Do,the whole west coast bit, sponge of some of the awesome friends (Suppliers, modders, overall movers and shakers of the ecig world)that I have made to elbow my way to a seat at the big boy table. The problem is I like my job and I have a pension that will make my life much easier when I throw in the towel.

That said I do have an issue with moderation. I'm either all in or all out. Luckily other than cheeseburgers and rib eyes I don't have any chemical dependencies. My weakness is mechanical shiny things, cars, trucks, tools, knives, attys etc. I obsess and never compromise. Who knew these attributes would lead me here. This has become my life I wake up to emails, PMs, Facebook messages, text messages; all looking for this atty or that atty, I fall asleep the same way. I'm married to my iPad, I'm never more than ten feet away from it. It has gotten to the point where I have to isolate myself from it to get my normal 3hrs a day of sleep or het anything done, it used to be I got 5-10 emails,PMs a day now it's over 100 a day. Bare with me, I will get to you. I spend a minimum of 10 hrs a day answering questions trying to be better at this than the next guy. Most of the time I succeed sometimes I don't.

As to the comment about the big companies putting me out of business it would never happen and this is why: me doing what I do saves them from needing to stock and sell another item and risk getting stuck with a ton of unsellable stock. I am also a valuable research tool that costs them nothing and actually pays them. Look at Avid, look at praxis, look at vapor Lair, look at Hobo; none of them had any interest in a bottom fed atty or mod. Now all of them have something in production or planning for the bottom feeder. I have consulted in one way or another on 3 out of 4 of these devices. I know your thinking that's the end of catfish when all of them release their own bottom feeders. As that day approaches I have already shifted gears to sell their bottom fed attys but with my situation I can still buy wholesale and at that point I can sell for less because my overhead is low. Plus it gives me the chance to improve upon their failures. I will sell the Derringer2 when it comes out and there will be a bottom fed version. I have yet to find an atty that I can't improve upon and as long as there are people like you and I that want the cutting edge perfected I will be here. Name one factory bottom fed atty that is perfect. Until you come up with an answer that I can't rebut I will be here and I will flourish. I have mad ninja skills and the knowledge and focus to keep myself and Catfish alive, when something doesn't work I go a different direction.

Currently I'm trying to find better and more reasonably priced authentics instead of pumping out clone after clone. I will still do clones for my ECF family but not in the numbers I once have. I would love to do three clone runs and we decide which of them is authentic worthy, much like I have done with the Manta2. 2 runs of clones to evaluate the concept and if it's a winner go straight to the authentic run... Well now I'm rambling and about to pass out...

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
In other news....
This just arrived. Look at the tolerances....

The clear one on the left is the 3D print of the final blueprints of the LBC. The final will have carbon fiber plate, bezel, battery cover and inlay on the back. Notice the final is slightly smaller in every direction as well as much more rounded and refined than the prototype which is tiny for what it is to begin with. I will do as many Releaux as I can until these arrive, I will call the machine shop Monday to start production of these at that point I will ask what the lead time on the bodies will be. It's getting close now.

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I'm not sure if you folks realize but we have a genuine artist among us! This artist has been known dress up like friends and relatives as well and post nutty videos about them... Any ideas? Said fellow is an upstanding member of our society and I hear sexually active in the community.... Ladies and gentlemen give him a round of applause.....
SuperX!
image.jpg

Thanks Russ, you kick ayuss.....

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I hav

I have 58 of them clogging up the works in my microscopic shop. I just need to make the center pin/510 tube extension. I think I might cancel the art work and just mill the cloned branding off of them.

I'm considering selling them with a hastur BF and a spares kit with an extra bottle and a really awesome multi tool Allen/screwdriver for $140. I might offer them without the hastur for $120. I have a heap of hasturs that I way over ordered on. (I ordered 100 when I should have hedged and only bough 50). $140 with an authentic atty? Who does this? The whole concept of the Cam-M was supposed to be me giving back and showing you my crafty side, all said and done I might make $20 on each. The Cam-r is a different story, I have 5k and over 100 hours in the cam-r. I hope from the very bottom of my heart that the Cam-m is copied and or cloned or at the very least inspires some of you to think Crafty thoughts.

My mission has never changed the more bottom fed devices sold by me or others the happier I am. I don't consider myself in competition with anyone; Not Corey, Not TBev, not PDib not even Roscoe, we are all in this together. Whining and Backbiting doesn't help that mission. The simple fact is that the more bottom fed devices and attys sold the bigger our market becomes and therefore options increases and that boys and girls was my goal from day one. You will notice I'm going into the mod business yet I'm still buying TMods and Custom Classics; this is because I'm very into paying it forward and helping those who have helped me along the way... I'm that guy and I know a lot of you are as well... CATFISH ARMY!

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Damn...I can't believe we didn't get anything in Maine. It just went right out to sea after it dumped all over the rest of the northeast. More than likely we won't be so lucky next time around.

I'd ask you if there are any kids in the neighborhood looking to make an extra few bucks shoveling but they all want $20 a piece! Back when I was a kid.....
I told my thirteen year old son he could go shovel walks for $15 a piece but even he said no way. We had the talk about earning a living and self reliance, and the part about without good grades and a strong education he will more than likely have to do such jobs to provide a decent life for himself and his family. He started doing his homework that will be assigned when he returns to school AFTER his family is taken care of.

I feel for today's adolescent generation, with the spike of minimum wage most of them will struggle to find jobs as a great many of them will already be taken by the unmotivated 20 and 30 somethings. I'm hoping education coupled with toughness and common sense will give him a fighting chance. I have noticed that most kids of his generation have a great propensity towards being weasels with no honor. I'm trying to stem that tide with him. So far so good. I'm incredibly proud.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Good Morning folks, would you believe Sloth had an opportunity to be on the news? Yes, "Inside Edition" called me yesterday and asked me a few questions (me as in me at my job, not me at total random). After a few questions they asked for an interview. They were going to send someone up to interview me about the frigging escaped convicts.

NO. And if I did, they'd regret it. The few questions I did answer were enough to shock the woman. One question was whether or not my business has increased security. No. Shocked. Another question was whether or not I, personally, am altering my summer plans because of this. Here is how I responded:

"No, of course not. I just had 2 days off and how did I spend them? Camping--in the woods--alone--both nights. The first day I hiked about 12 miles. The second day I paddled a few. Alone."

I could almost hear this woman's jaw drop. She probably thought I was absolutely stupid.

No, I'm not. At least not because of my answers to her stupid questions. So then she asks me for the interview I said no. "Why not?" I said because I'm too busy today. "With what, other interviews about the escapees, meetings about it?"

WHAT THE FLYING F is wrong with this country? If I accepted their interview I would destroy them, rip them apart on national television. Yes - I'm very opinionated, but I really wish these media fools would understand how absurd this is. I don't even own a TV and no I'm not missing anything at all. I'm blown away by how big they blow every thing up. And the masses feast on it vicariously as though they find it exciting. Brings to mind Tool's Vicarious...

Day after day I get calls about this crap. But if I told "Inside Edition" the real reason most guests call me about it? Well we've only had ONE cancellation--ONE--so even the masses aren't that afraid. I'm sure the media wants to portray them as such, but no. The local economy is literally thriving so no, it's not hurt us. But the real reason guests call me? To ask me how large the police presence is. Yes, my guests are far more concerned about the police presence than the convicts. Why? Because bringing their families through a road block or roads lined with police and helicopters flying overhead constantly will scare the kids.

About 15 minutes up the road, that's happening - there are around 1,000 police searching through the woods, peoples back yards, middle of the night - a co worker of mine couldn't sleep 2 nights ago. Blue lights flashing all night long right outside her bedroom window. The sound of helicopters constantly, with spot lights hitting the house sometimes.

The police state is flexing its muscles over two escaped murderers. Meanwhile, thousands of murders across the country remain unsolved, I am sure. And rapists etc are set free because our prisons are overcrowded due to failed drug laws etc. What are they doing other than to say "Once we have judged you, there is no escape?"

Don't get me wrong, I hope they catch the dudes and throw 'em back behind bars. But am I personally afraid of them? No, that is highly illogical IMHO. Am I afraid of hillbillys looking for their reward? No, but slightly more logical. Am I afraid of the flexing muscles of the police state? Theoretically, yes. Practically no but this is absolutely absurd.

/rant, sorry, you guys have no idea how friggin flustered I am over this nonsense. Um, back to catfish.

Vector with parallel 28g dual coils .33 ohms...Wakonda...busy day ahead...let's rock.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Anyone remember when I got my REM, and expressed that I didn't like it, and though it had nothing to do with Catfish whatsoever (his work on it was phenomenal, my issue was with getting it built lol), and low and behold Tom offers for me to send it to him so he can coil it to send back to me - and - if I still didn't like it with his working build in it, he would trade me for a Derringer? That was hands down the best customer service I've ever seen. That was beyond customer service. My issue had nothing to do with him! I was blown away by his generosity--needless generosity. Business wise, he had nothing to gain from that - I was gonna keep buying attys regardless as my issue had nothing at all to do with him. All I'm saying is: Tom ROCKS.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Thanks for the response.. I've got it working right now. I'm gonna rebuild it tomorrow just to see what happens. I'll let you know what I find then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See boys and girls if I screw up and you don't try to create a Supreme Court case and leave it where I have to respond violently you get taken care of quickly. I make mistakes, I am not perfect but when you attack me I attack back. Joe Carroll: this is how it gets done. Kudos!

I learned a lot about myself in my Anger Management class Wednesday. Apparently I go into what they referred to as "Fight or Flight" mode and I'm to fat to fly. Not making excuses but just coming to terms with my personal issues. Wasn't a bad trait when I was a bouncer in girly bars, here it causes issues. Time to grow up I suppose. I do miss bouncing drunks off their own cars however but that's a story for another day....

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
yeah, the Manta is doing a great job for me too, but what has surprised me is I like the Vector very much too. I was not sure this one would be good for me, but it is. The Stumpy and I are still in negotiations as I don't quite have it right yet, seems to have gotten better the last couple days though. June was very big month with all the great offerings. I think there is a Nectar waiting for me at home and I am betting that will be pretty decent. What a month for squonkers, Thanks Tom :)
I warned back in April that June would be a big month. Not to toot my own horn but I think I have delivered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread