Catfish Atty Mods the next Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Do I just put in the comments section of the doc if I want the stainless steel version of the stumpy?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
If you want the SS version with the ultem cap you don't need to put any comments in. If you want something else then you would need to comment.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
If you want the SS version with the ultem cap you don't need to put any comments in. If you want something else then you would need to comment.
Oh, oops lol I already filled it out sorry. I figured filling it out was better then not knowing and not filling it out. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Slots

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Oh, oops lol I already filled it out sorry. I figured filling it out was better then not knowing and not filling it out. Thanks for the help!

Initials 'GG'? If so you are good

Reactions: HeiSINberg

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Here ya go DBrown:

Current attys in stock and or on the way:

Stumpy: Now with Ultem Chuff tip
Element Stumpy RDA BF Stainless, Black or Gold Edition

Petri v2 BF
Black Petri version v2 Bottom Feed RSA by CATFISH

Thump BF
Thump RSA (Rebuildable Squonking Atomizer)

Aeronaut BF
AERONAUT RDA Bottom Feed by Catfish

The LBC (currently closed but will re-open as needed)
LBC DNA200 by Catfish Attymods

The upcoming "Chinese Hype" doc is coming soon and will be home to all things clone.

Tell me this isn't a lot better than all the lists..... Imagine the LBC list with all the color options as a list. Nightmare...

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
can anyone tell me how the pancake vape compares to the stumpy...thinkin about tradin but man i do dig my stumpy attys!..i think SS is all the stumpy is comming in heisenberg...is that you Steve???opps just saw the NJ in your avi heisenberg...so nope not the Steve i thought ya might be..lol.

Hmm, Pancake vs Stumpy? Personally, I find the Pancake to be a pretty good atty dependant on the build. As to where the Stumpy is quite versatile, the pancake is more finicky and coil positioning is everything. Get it right and it has good draw, production and flavor. Get it wrong and it heats up way too fast and gets downright hot. Titanium can get hot real quick if the coils are too close to the sides of the deck. For me the comb jig is a bit of a gimmick in that it is way to small to grasp and use effectively with my big mitts.

Here's a quick shot of the current build I'm using and it works the best that I've tried so far. Triple 2.5mm 28's to 0.4. Nice warm and wet vape without getting too hot...As always YMMV.

pancake triple.png

This build heated up like a burner on the stove...:yawn:

bzaVAvV.png

Also built it with a single coil both horizontally and vertically in both center and side positions with pleasant results as well.

With all this being said, if it came down to one or the other, hands down it would be the Stumpy for me...:cool:

Last edited:

bottomfeeder

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2015
Fremont, CA S.F. Bay Area
So I loosened the grub on the manta and tried pushing down the positive pin to no avail. I tightened the grub and rebuilt 3 times. It first said .7 then jumped up to 1.14 then to 2.26. I tested it on multiple readers and all said the same. I'm not sure how low the pin should be but the top of the positive pin deck sits higher than the insulator, if that makes any sense. This is a version 1 deck, by the way. I can't seem to figure this out. How hard could it be? Can someone post some pics of how the pin is supposed to sit, please?

Reactions: Slots

rudedog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
toledo ohio
Hmm, Pancake vs Stumpy? Personally, I find the Pancake to be a pretty good atty dependant on the build. As to where the Stumpy is quite versatile, the pancake is more finicky and coil positioning is everything. Get it right and it has good draw, production and flavor. Get it wrong and it heats up way too fast and gets downright hot. Titanium can get hot real quick if the coils are too close to the sides of the deck. For me the comb jig is a bit of a gimmick in that it is way to small to grasp and use effectively with my big mitts.

Here's a quick shot of the current build I'm using and it works the best that I've tried so far. Triple 2.5mm 28's to 0.4. Nice warm and wet vape without getting too hot...As always YMMV.

View attachment 540304

This build heated up like a burner on the stove...:yawn:

bzaVAvV.png

Also built it with a single coil both horizontally and vertically in both center and side positions with pleasant results as well.

With all this being said, if it came down to one or the other, hands down it would be the Stumpy for me...:cool:
yeah sounds like the pancake is a lil to finicky for my likes...specially since i been usin a stumpy for so long.thanks for the info DB.btw some cool lookin coils in that build for sure!

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
So I loosened the grub on the manta and tried pushing down the positive pin to no avail. I tightened the grub and rebuilt 3 times. It first said .7 then jumped up to 1.14 then to 2.26. I tested it on multiple readers and all said the same. I'm not sure how low the pin should be but the top of the positive pin deck sits higher than the insulator, if that makes any sense. This is a version 1 deck, by the way. I can't seem to figure this out. How hard could it be? Can someone post some pics of how the pin is supposed to sit, please?
The grub screw changes nothing. The 510 screw threads into the bottom of the positive post, loosen that screw about 3 turns or remove it altogether and push the positive post down into the peek insulator. Once you feel it lock in re-install the 510 pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread