Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
Any luck on finding the plume viel clone with out the gold plating and all stainless steel?
update found a pic of one :p
plum_1.jpg

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I am SUPER curious about the Magma as a b/f... I really like the heck out of my clone so far. If you ask me, the under-coil air holes is what does it.

I wonder where the b/f hole will be in that one.

The only thing I don't like about it so far is the top cap holds the afc in place and is so easy to get offset (aligning the air holes) when you take it off to see inside, or drip that way.

I figure if its a b/f you don't need to open it so much since you can just squonk to top off. :)

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
11 Reactor v2s on the way... These will be ready to go ASAP.
Reactor v2 #sold- 3

Magma clones should be here any day now.
I only have 4 on this test order:
2 black
2 stainless

If these turn out well and are truly all stainless I will keep these in stock in the future.

I would like to keep the following in stock for quick sale or exchange.

Reactor V2
Cyclone V1
EHPro atomic clone
Magma clone SS (Pending good results from the first batch)
Zenith V2 clone (looking for all stainless center post and pin.) (if you know of an all SS version let me know)

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I'm not surprised it works well G'deal...

I have noticed that my Origen2 b/f works fantastic imo...( even better than the Origen1 I have.)
Ymmv of course but I find with the deep wells in the dripper and dual coils, if there is too much juice in the wick the vape is less than good.
With b/f'ing, you can always just squonk to keep the coils wet, and not flooded.

Flat base drippers in a b/f mode do well because the excess juice will go back down the pin after squonk.
There is talk (by me) that deep wells in b/f is overkill, but if the vape is great then so what!
With deep wells, the juice hole needs to be near the coil, higher up than the wells so it won't drain.

I'm thinking the under-coil air of the Magma is a bonus for flavor imo and in the case of the Origen as well, as long as there's not too much juice in there its worth it and not really an issue.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Reactor v2 #sold- 3

2 black
2 stainless

If these turn out well and are truly all stainless I will keep these in stock in the future.

Reactor V2
Cyclone V1
EHPro atomic clone
Zenith V2 clone (looking for all stainless center post and pin.) (if you know of an all SS version let me know)
Sorry to bring this up again, but what about treating the brass parts? I've seen it posted that machined brass can be soaked in a solution of peroxide and vinegar to remove any surface lead. Sorry I don't know more about this but I swear I've seen it mentioned before. Can anyone confirm this?

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Wow...just found this thread. What a great idea! Are cyclones available?

ukeman - I modded a Magma for BFing, it works really well, but I dont want to thread jack.

im in negotiations for ten Cyclones as we speak. I will update when I have news.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Reactor v2 #sold- 3

2 black
2 stainless

Reactor V2
Cyclone V1
EHPro atomic clone

CH, per your instructions, I will take 1x Reactor V2...

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I'm not surprised it works well G'deal...

I have noticed that my Origen2 b/f works fantastic imo...( even better than the Origen1 I have.)
Ymmv of course but I find with the deep wells in the dripper and dual coils, if there is too much juice in the wick the vape is less than good.
With b/f'ing, you can always just squonk to keep the coils wet, and not flooded.

Flat base drippers in a b/f mode do well because the excess juice will go back down the pin after squonk.
There is talk (by me) that deep wells in b/f is overkill, but if the vape is great then so what!
With deep wells, the juice hole needs to be near the coil, higher up than the wells so it won't drain.

I'm thinking the under-coil air of the Magma is a bonus for flavor imo and in the case of the Origen as well, as long as there's not too much juice in there its worth it and not really an issue.

Couldn't have said it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread