catromizer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharoline424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2011
Pearl River LA
I got my first bottle of juice today. It's straight tobacco from vk. I used the condom method to fill a cartomizer that I had cleaned out about two weeks ago. Batteries were fully charged. There was very little taste and almost no vapor. Did I leave the cartomizer sitting too long without juice or is this how that juice is? From what I understand, some just don't produce much vapor.

toddos

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Washington
Did the carto spit and crackle and maybe get some juice in your mouth? It's possible you overfilled it (that's why I don't like the condom method -- it's too easy to overfill). Try blowing out the carto a bit, then clean off the end that connects to the battery and try again.

Also, make sure you didn't get any juice on the connector end of the battery, as that can cause it not to vape at all. If there's any juice there, clean it off and try again.

sharoline424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2011
Pearl River LA
Yes, it was used and cleaned. I ran hot water from the faucet through it.

Don't recall spitting and crackling. I did notice juice on the battery end, but cleaned it before I used it. It looked clean, anyway. Don't think I'll use that method anymore. Threw it out. Think I'm going to try to drip from the top.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I use a carto for days or a week or in one case 2 weeks until it is too weak. Then I set it aside if it was a good one and still working. I may try to clean them. Some people have luck with that cleaning them. If cleaning doesn't work, no big deal - they cost $2 and if I even got 4 days out of it that's pretty cheap.

If if wasn't fully dry before you filled it, it won't work right. If it's nice and dry, you need to fill it fully to start and let it sit to distribute the juice through all of the stuffing. Then if it is functional it should either vape or seem like a flooded atty. If it seems flooded, make sure the air channel is clear, you can see through the air channel, any loose juice above the stuffing is sopped up (with a tissue if necessary) and try again.

And I don't use the condom method. I pop out the soft cap and fill into the stuffing which is why they have soft caps.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Yes, it was used and cleaned. I ran hot water from the faucet through it.

Don't recall spitting and crackling. I did notice juice on the battery end, but cleaned it before I used it. It looked clean, anyway. Don't think I'll use that method anymore. Threw it out. Think I'm going to try to drip from the top.

I have tried every method posted about and have never had luck at all. I'm not saying it can't be done. Obviously some people are able to do this, I can't. I used warm distilled water with a syringe then put them in the oven until they were dry. They just really tasted terrible.

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
Some flavors last longer than others in my cartos. 2 days at minimum. I try to alternate, but I find totally clear non-sweet juices allow my cartos to last the longest.

Hopefully your cartos are totally dried out. I am not sure if watered down juice would create much vapor or not, as I have never tried to clean cartos, only attys, and even those never seem the same after washing.

Good luck.

I am of the school of use them until they dont taste right. The only bummer is its a waste of a bit of juice, unless you vape your last burnt tasting one.

H Niemand

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Philly PA
I just did my first carto cleaning and rejuicing. It worked well and here is what I did with 10 in one shot.
I soaked the carts with the tops popped off in 100 proof vodka for two hours.
I stood them on the atty end and let them dry on a paper towel for about 10 hours.
I took a blunt tip syringe and needle and filled them to the top and let them sit until all the juice was absorbed.
I added a few drops more and put the tops back on.
I let them sit over night and I have been vapeing away with them all day.
Got all the info on how to do this right here on ECF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread