CBD what is it and how to use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kates

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
United Kingdom
This site is a good source of information, in particular about 'winterisation' which apparently removes all fats and lipids
What is winterised CBD hemp oil - and is it important?
(I have no personal experience - just researching due to recent situation in States so I'm informed when the inevitable comments come from friends & family)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
No links on hand at the moment and no time to hunt yet, but just to give you my anecdote, I've tried using cbd oil (orally ingested under the tongue, NOT vaped) for back pain. It actually helps some, but I had to stick with daily doses for about 2 weeks to really notice the effects. In my experience and in my understanding it has to build up in your system. I don't really use it currently. I'll try to find you some links later but it's kind of hard to find solid information about it right now.

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
vape" data-source="post: 22066411" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Fog n vape said:
I am interested in learning more about CBD and how to use it and am sure many others are also.
If you have links to informative articles please provide as you will save myself and others much time searching the internet.
Ty
Cannabidiol (CBD) — what we know and what we don’t - Harvard Health Blog
Here is a bit of info. I know that cbd really helps some people, and doesn't do much for others.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Here is a bit of info. I know that cbd really helps some people, and doesn't do much for others.
The industry is poised to do something...explode or implode.
Patent expired: US6630507B1 - Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants - Google Patents

IMO, information from reputable sources is of more use than sales and marketing propaganda from THC/CBD vendors.
If they sell it, how can they be critical of the product?

Cheers
I

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada

Ty for this informative article. First time I've heard of the possible interaction with blood thinners so will have to make a Doctor appointment to discuss this as aspirin is in one of my medications though not prescribed as a blood thinner but part of a pain killer I use almost daily, I do have a stroke history, brain stem. I'll have to reread this after another coffee to make sure I understand whether this interaction could be harmful or helpfull and show the article to my doctor who seems to be knowledgeable on cannabis but CBD we haven't discussed.....time for more coffee and read another link

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Here's part of the problem. This is from Wizard Labs (Wizard CBD) who I would be inclined to trust.

RIXMIX™ 500 is part of our full-spectrum CBD-rich whole plant cannabinoid bulk concentrate line. RIXMIX 500 is the regular-sized bottle of our bulk concentrate.

RIXMIX 500 is produced by utilizing responsible CO2 supercritical extraction methods to extract the CBD, as well as retains all terpenes, cannabinoids, vitamins, lipids, nutrients, and compounds to deliver a full-spectrum CBD product that retains all the beneficial parts of our organically grown European hemp plants without using pesticides or using harsh chemical solvents to extract CBD.

· Size: One 10ml single bottle

· Strength: Approximately 500+mg of Active CBD per bottle at 50+mg/ml

· Blend: Full-spectrum hemp oil extract mixed with our proprietary blend of PG (Food Grade)

· Flavor: Natural, no flavoring added

It mentions lipids, which I believe is oil related. As in lipid pneumonia. And hemp oil extract. They don't use an oil as the solvent. Is that good enough? Despite my faith in WL that's just not enough information given the problems that are happening. I'm going to contact them.

I do have some Koi brand isolate. That supposedly is pure isolate in PG and VG. It's a clear liquid that I diluted down with PG and added flavoring to. Vapes just like regular nic juice. Very smooth pleasant vape.

Prior to that I got some full spectrum in VG from Hemplucid. It was thick opaque green stuff. Had to dilute it way down with PG to get it to wick. It irritated my throat to the point where I stopped using it after one day. And when I cleaned out the tank the coil looked like something you hadn't changed for 3 months, covered in thick black crud. It was labelled for vaping.

Incidentally, I haven't seen a single mention of CBD vaping in the recent round of vaping lung horror stories.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
This company has third party testing though have to buy wholesale amount to buy the isolate in powder form. Will have to do more research before I spend $250. Awaiting reply from a different supplier to my email regarding whether they have 3rd party testing and links to results.

cbddirectonline.ca

Seems I inavertaly posted their 3rd party test results in previous post ....oh well still learning

Reactions: bnrkwest

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Here's part of the problem. This is from Wizard Labs (Wizard CBD) who I would be inclined to trust.

RIXMIX™ 500 is part of our full-spectrum CBD-rich whole plant cannabinoid bulk concentrate line. RIXMIX 500 is the regular-sized bottle of our bulk concentrate.

RIXMIX 500 is produced by utilizing responsible CO2 supercritical extraction methods to extract the CBD, as well as retains all terpenes, cannabinoids, vitamins, lipids, nutrients, and compounds to deliver a full-spectrum CBD product that retains all the beneficial parts of our organically grown European hemp plants without using pesticides or using harsh chemical solvents to extract CBD.

· Blend: Full-spectrum hemp oil extract mixed with our proprietary blend of PG (Food Grade)

It mentions lipids, which I believe is oil related. As in lipid pneumonia. And hemp oil extract. They don't use an oil as the solvent. Is that good enough? Despite my faith in WL that's just not enough information given the problems that are happening. I'm going to contact them.

I do have some Koi brand isolate. That supposedly is pure isolate in PG and VG. It's a clear liquid that I diluted down with PG and added flavoring to. Vapes just like regular nic juice. Very smooth pleasant vape.

Prior to that I got some full spectrum in VG from Hemplucid. It was thick opaque green stuff. Had to dilute it way down with PG to get it to wick. It irritated my throat to the point where I stopped using it after one day. And when I cleaned out the tank the coil looked like something you hadn't changed for 3 months, covered in thick black crud. It was labelled for vaping.

Incidentally, I haven't seen a single mention of CBD vaping in the recent round of vaping lung horror stories.

The isolate is interesting for diy to add to e juice, at least if I make it myself I have some control over the quaility.

Reactions: bnrkwest

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there

I'd be very Leary of vaping full spectrum with lipids (fats/oils), using orally would be fine tho for full spectrum. I like that theirs is organic.

Reactions: RoseB

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I don't vape CBD but I do take it orally, 3 drops a day under the tongue and mine is oily so has hemp oil in it. So it is not vape able. This does help ease pain if taken daily. I only use 100 mg CBD and 3 drops a day. If I have a really bad day of pain, I use a CBD salve to apply topically. Just my experience with CDB.

Reactions: RoseB

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I'd be very Leary of vaping full spectrum with lipids (fats/oils), using orally would be fine tho for full spectrum. I like that theirs is organic.

The Reddit article @Baditude posted above reckoned that the lipids in THC weren't a problem. That's just another opinion I guess, but he seemed quite knowledgeable.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
The Reddit article @Baditude posted above reckoned that the lipids in THC weren't a problem. That's just another opinion I guess, but he seemed quite knowledgeable.
Just so you know lipids are fats/oils. Personally I would never vape fats/oils.

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I don't vape CBD but I do take it orally, 3 drops a day under the tongue and mine is oily so has hemp oil in it. So it is not vape able. This does help ease pain if taken daily. I only use 100 mg CBD and 3 drops a day. If I have a really bad day of pain, I use a CBD salve to apply topically. Just my experience with CDB.

I read something about recommended daily dosage. The lowest level on the list was 20mg a day. That was for fibromyalgia and some other conditions. I think nerve pain was around 50mg a day, 200 or more for anxiety and epilepsy. It also said the absorption rate for sublingual use was 20%. 50% for vaping.

Vendors show concentration in mg's per bottle not mg/ml, with the exception of Wizard. So you have to do some arithmetic to figure out how much product you need per day.

20mg per day at 20% absorption means taking 100mg per day. The stuff I got was 500mg in a 30ml bottle. That would mean taking 6mls per day to get your dose of 20mg. Also means $13 a day. That's why I started looking at vaping it to get the 50% absorption rate. That brings it down to around $5 a day. It's the only thing that works for my wife's fibromyalgia so it's worth it to us.

The article I read said that a lot of people used it at a tiny fraction of the recommended dose and any observed benefits were probably placebo. They also said that the recommended dosages were highly speculative because of the lack of research, and suggested that people start low and use as much as they needed to get the benefits they wanted to see.

In other words it's all speculation. But at 20mg per day it works for my wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread