CE2 Clearomisers are intended to be used only once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertpri

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
When four of five of my clearomizers fell apart, I called the seller and was told these are designed to be used only once or twice. Anything beyond that is icing on the cake, so to speak.

I found this hard to believe, but just now got an email from them, offering CE2 clearomizers at 40% off until the known problem of clearos is resolved.

Okay, that is good, but at the end of their email was this quote:

"We must highlight that these items have been sold and continue to made available as a one-use device, and to this end, they are fit for intended purpose."

Is anyone else dumbfounded? I just bought 10 more last week, and would never have made the purchase had I known they are designed as a "one-use device". I feel quite cheated.

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
One-time use? Puhleeeeeze!

From what I understand, there's a known issue with the plastic tubes on CE2 clearos. The batch that I bought recently all got modded with 3ml disposable syringes. I use them for 3 or 4 days (about 6-7 fills) then pull them apart to clean them, reassemble, reload and vape!

I have had one or two crack on me with the original tubes - mainly due to rough handling - which is why I prefer the mod.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
All 5 of my CE2-X's I bought over a month ago are still working.
I have cleaned them and filled them several times.
I bought extra tubes because they do crack.
I had to fluff the wick on two because a portion of coil was dry resulting in plastic taste.
The two reserved for dark fluids had slag on wick which I've kept going by picking at wick w/ needle.

Attachments

• 78772A4790DB859ABEA86A_Large.jpg
    78772A4790DB859ABEA86A_Large.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 205
  • 0 ce2-x.jpg
    0 ce2-x.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 482
  • 00 ce2-x.jpg
    00 ce2-x.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 148

robertpri

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
One-time use? Puhleeeeeze!

From what I understand, there's a known issue with the plastic tubes on CE2 clearos. The batch that I bought recently all got modded with 3ml disposable syringes. I use them for 3 or 4 days (about 6-7 fills) then pull them apart to clean them, reassemble, reload and vape!

I have had one or two crack on me with the original tubes - mainly due to rough handling - which is why I prefer the mod.

Wow! I wish I could find a way to do that. My four failures occured when the tube just pulled straight off when I was taking it out of my pocket. I pushed it back in place but it never worked again. Would do nothing.

The other three failed when I CAREFULLY screwed the clearo onto the battery, and stopped the instant it made contact. Nevertheless, the tube slipped, kept rotating, and they never worked again.

I have all four failed clearos sitting right here and have tried every tip I can find on the forum. Not one has worked since

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
Hey Robert - the CE2 syringe mod is not difficult as the 'guts' of the clearo will slot right into a 3ml syringe, and the knurled portion at the battery connector will 'bite' into the plastic and make a good juice-tight seal. There's lots of info on the forum on how to do this and it's well worth it.

3ml disposable syringes can be had from your local pharmacy or online (if they make a fuss about selling them to you without a prescription).

As for your 'failed' clearos - are the coils actually receiving voltage from the battery or not? Have you looked closely at where the wires are soldered onto the battery cap? Those wires can break off very easily.

robertpri

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
I'm interested in trying some black or stainless XL CE2's if I can find them.

Where would the stainless be? The tube? I don't understand. BTW: I just 10 clear and 10 dark clearos, thinking I would use my 12-18nic in the cloudy ones, and the 0 nic in the clear ones. I vap only 0 nic after 8pm to help resolve sleep issues.

[vaping high nic keeps me awake]

But the dark cloudy clearos are so dark it's hard to see if any liguid remains.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Where would the stainless be? The tube? I don't understand. BTW: I just 10 clear and 10 dark clearos, thinking I would use my 12-18nic in the cloudy ones, and the 0 nic in the clear ones. I vap only 0 nic after 8pm to help resolve sleep issues.

[vaping high nic keeps me awake]

But the dark cloudy clearos are so dark it's hard to see if any liguid remains.

They make them with metal sleeves. A great value, as these seem to last forever if you keep the coils clean. Some have black stickers around them, or you can get them in 'stainless' color. These do not come apart as easily as the clear ones.

Note there are many 'revisions' of these things as well. The later ones are up to something like Rev 5. These have 'fat wicks' (single braided silica instead of several bow-like-loops), the wicks are longer (go all the way to the bottom of the carto), thicker plastic for the clear ones, and the black jacket around the ceramic bowl does not go as high (doesn't pinch the wicks off between the cup and sleeve...less jacket gives the wicks more room).

Some of the really old ones might still be floating around out there....they can taste awful because of some chemical in the wicks (needs to be burned off), and sometimes they just don't wick very well without some modding.

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
Where can I get the syringes? Im also going to try my old CE2's that the tubes cracked in my new MAP tank that uses the CE2 inside part. It holds 5ml.

You should be able to get disposable BD syringes (or similar brand) from any pharmacy or feed-supply store - the needles aren't required so you can even buy them online for a very low price indeed. Like here, Drs. Foster & Smith - just 15 cents each,

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
You should be able to get disposable BD syringes (or similar brand) from any pharmacy or feed-supply store - the needles aren't required so you can even buy them online for a very low price indeed. Like here, Drs. Foster & Smith - just 15 cents each,

Thanks for the link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread