CE2 Clearomizers (injected tube) Cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenut

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
New Hampshire
Well, I'm not saying you should "do it anyway"...it can be a little tricky. And with my particular clearos, I still had to get the 3 rubber tips and plugs out first, of you can ruin it by just trying to pull the shaft straight out before you do that. (The guy in the video has a nicer clearomizer than mine, from what I can see, without the inner most black plug on the mouthpiece that hugs the ceramic and coil, and the inside of the tube pretty snug). That last one is the tricky one.

But like I siad, with patience, I've done it with success. Just be prepared to grab a new one to replace the one you ruined, just in case. :D

Last edited:

Fly

Nov 15, 2011
Trinidad & Tobago
Great! So i guess ill just have to get more clearomizers so that i can rotate them and maybe clean them once a week. My supplier has been good to me so far so i try to listen to hiim as often as i can. lol. He has replaced clearomizers that burnt out in less than one week. I refill each clearomizer twice a day with 1ml so i guess thats alot of use.
You can pull the tube off. In my experience removing the tube for every cleaning destroys the wick quicker where it comes out of the cup. I just remove the plugs, rinse and dry burn without removing the tubes now for that reason. Also less chance of leaks developing.

thenut

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
New Hampshire
If you just want to sort of rinse out a flavor, could you use the syringe and suck out liquid, put in distilled water, shake, get that out with syringe, repeat?
Actually, yes. I've done that as well, and it worked great. In fact, I've done that to retrieve juice from a newly filled clearomizer that died on me.
As much as I like clearomizers, I'm a carto man myself. The clearos worked awesome when they worked, but I found them unreliable in many ways. (Including one or two duds in a 5 pack).

Sounds like the OP has a local supplier...sure wish I was that lucky. It's always on-line for me, and it's just not worth my trip to the post office to send some of this stuff back. :)

Last edited:

Fly

Nov 15, 2011
Trinidad & Tobago
Actually, yes. I've done that as well, and it worked great. In fact, I've done that to retrieve juice from a newly filled clearomizer that died on me.
As much as I like clearomizers, I'm a carto man myself. The clearos worked awesome when they worked, but I found them unreliable in many ways. (Including one or two duds in a 5 pack).

Sounds like the OP has a local supplier...sure wish I was that lucky. It's always on-line for me. :)

NOPE!!!!! Not lucky. I live in Trinidad so i'm stuck with my local supplier who happens to be the only supplier. No shipping here unless you have an address in the States or bring it in BULK. In other words: only one option. Lol I am lucky that my supplier is fair though. Went through 3 batts in 2 days and he replaced everything. And i mean everything.

Stef64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2011
Michigan
Are these the CE2 Clearomizers? I pull the injected tubes off of these for cleaning with not problems. No leaks and no cracks when you put them back. Here's how I clean mine:

- Remove the top seals. Best tool I found is a computer chip puller. When removing the cup seal, make sure the wall of the Clrearomizer is wet with juice. This acts like a lubricant and helps in removing the seal.
- Remove the tube by wiggling back and forth and pulling it out.
- Rinse the wicks in distilled water. My tap water is from a well and I sure don't want to inhale any of the minerals in the water.
- Dry the wicks with a paper towel
- Dry burn the coil (5 secon on, 5 second off) until the coil is clean and there is little or no smoke coming from the coil.
- Rinse the coil to remove any ashes. I use a syringe and squirt distilled water on the coil both from the top and the bottom.
- Dry the wick and do a dry burn until the coil glows red.
- Attach the tube, making sure that the wick does not get pinched between the tube and the base.
- Fill and place one or two drops of juice on the coil.
- Replace the seal(s). I only use the middle seal. This improves wicking and prevents leaking under most circumstances.
- Wait 10-15 minutes for the wick to be thoroughly soaked and vape away.

Fly

Nov 15, 2011
Trinidad & Tobago
Are these the CE2 Clearomizers? I pull the injected tubes off of these for cleaning with not problems. No leaks and no cracks when you put them back. Here's how I clean mine:

- Remove the top seals. Best tool I found is a computer chip puller. When removing the cup seal, make sure the wall of the Clrearomizer is wet with juice. This acts like a lubricant and helps in removing the seal.
- Remove the tube by wiggling back and forth and pulling it out.
- Rinse the wicks in distilled water. My tap water is from a well and I sure don't want to inhale any of the minerals in the water.
- Dry the wicks with a paper towel
- Dry burn the coil (5 secon on, 5 second off) until the coil is clean and there is little or no smoke coming from the coil.
- Rinse the coil to remove any ashes. I use a syringe and squirt distilled water on the coil both from the top and the bottom.
- Dry the wick and do a dry burn until the coil glows red.
- Attach the tube, making sure that the wick does not get pinched between the tube and the base.
- Fill and place one or two drops of juice on the coil.
- Replace the seal(s). I only use the middle seal. This improves wicking and prevents leaking under most circumstances.
- Wait 10-15 minutes for the wick to be thoroughly soaked and vape away.
Thanks Stef64.
I get two main problems. I generally have the idea of the cleaning process. I get two main problems when i try your method.
Problem one: I cant get the seal off easy. Its like its stuck down there! LOL. I am however using a paper clip.
Problem two: I cant get the seal back on. Its hard to line up with the wicks and then its even harder to seat properly on the ceramic cup.
Maybe i'm just a novice, but all the videos i see have white seals and my own is black. The white ones just look like they are easier to work with.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Another option is get a tank then you can but the carts and use a minature pipe cutter that cost 3.50 available at Menards and cut you own. The 5 pack stainless ones are about 10-13 dollars or by the individual ce2s precut already from various vendors
for 4-5 dollars each.
Once you have tank the ce2s are easily replaced into it. Its nice as well as you can clean the ce2s also to have them last longer.
This is tank i use thats 6.00 without the ce2 from parkesvaping.com they have them with ce2s also for a little more and sell the cut ce2s by themselves in various ohms for 4.00.
These are just some of the options we are lucky enough to have now a days and im sure there are more options out there.
dieseler-albums-album-2-picture68394-acorn-tank.jpg

Stef64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2011
Michigan
Thanks Stef64.
I get two main problems. I generally have the idea of the cleaning process. I get two main problems when i try your method.
Problem one: I cant get the seal off easy. Its like its stuck down there! LOL. I am however using a paper clip.
Problem two: I cant get the seal back on. Its hard to line up with the wicks and then its even harder to seat properly on the ceramic cup.
Maybe i'm just a novice, but all the videos i see have white seals and my own is black. The white ones just look like they are easier to work with.

1. The cup seal can be a bear to remove. In my experience paper clips are not stiff enough to do the job. My favorite tool for this is a computer chip remover. I have heard of people using jewelers screw drivers that have the tip bent in an "L" shape. Either way, place the tool in the middle hole and under the lip of the seal and work it up and around the seal. Be careful not to pull up too much too fast. It also help if you place a drop or two of PG around the seal for lubrication.

2. I don't bother to replace the cup seal once I remove it. I only use the middle seal, that looks like a washer. Place it on top of the cup with the groove side down. It will not pinch the wicks and it prevents the juice from leaking (unless you always carry your PV upside down ;) ).

Fly

Nov 15, 2011
Trinidad & Tobago
1. The cup seal can be a bear to remove. In my experience paper clips are not stiff enough to do the job. My favorite tool for this is a computer chip remover. I have heard of people using jewelers screw drivers that have the tip bent in an "L" shape. Either way, place the tool in the middle hole and under the lip of the seal and work it up and around the seal. Be careful not to pull up too much too fast. It also help if you place a drop or two of PG around the seal for lubrication.

2. I don't bother to replace the cup seal once I remove it. I only use the middle seal, that looks like a washer. Place it on top of the cup with the groove side down. It will not pinch the wicks and it prevents the juice from leaking (unless you always carry your PV upside down ;) ).
Thanks again,
Will try that. Have one that has had 16refills and i put it aside because i am getting a burnt taste. Will try it with that one. Also, have you seen the video that shows you how to do the flush. I was wondering if you or anybody knows where i can get the attachment that the guy in the video uses at the end of the syringe. Don't know if it is available or if i have to make it. It makes flushing the Clero look so easy.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I do about twenty at a time. I take the tube off (I mod so it's actually a syringe tube), soak, drain water, soak again, and then dry burn and put them back together. I also use a little household silicone to stop them from leaking. If you do use the silicone, you have to let them sit for a couple of days before filling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread