CE2 style single coil cartos for tanks!!! Anyone using these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
Been trying different cartos for my tanks and came accross these CE2 style tank SC dual hole cartos!!!
CE2 Style Tank Replacement Single Coil Cartomizers, 2.0 Ohms, Dual Hole

Have now used 3 of the 10 I ordered and EVERYONE of them have an awful burnt taste......no matter what I do!!
I am a "seasoned" carto tank user: not a PRO, but not a newbie either, and I cant get these things hitting for shizz.
usually use iKenVape Punched carts primarily, bouges and smoktechs at times. Just trying different styles out.

Anyone out there using these?
Whats been your experience?
any tips or tricks?

All feed back welcomed and appreciated:)

imind

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
cleveland
i've been using these in teh dual coil variety and can't complain...keep in mind i have been vaping less than a month and have used ONLY these thus far.

i read these don't require 'priming' in the traditional sense and think maybe you are not prepping them properly? when i load a new one into a tank i will take short hits without hitting the button (i know this sounds counter-intuitive for a carto). as i do so i notice air bubbles coming out of the holes. as soon as i see that these bubbles have stopped (it may take quite a few of these short hits) i take a hit pressing teh button, but only a short one, then another, then another...by this time my tank is properly primed/prepped and have been working well but those first couple of short hits can be dry/burnt.

also, should you happen to flood it when prepping, unscrew it from the battery and blow lightly keeping a tissue touching the bottom of the carto. LIGHTLY...as soon as you see that no more juice is coming out, screw back on your battery and remove your drip tip. take some tissue and roll it up to fit down the tube and lightly/slowly twist to remove any excess down there. you will notice a plastic cap towards the middle that will prevent the tissue from going down too far...

...btw i am using a higher concentration vg juice...

hope this helps...

Last edited:

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
i've been using these in teh dual coil variety and can't complain...keep in mind i have been vaping less than a month and have used ONLY these thus far.

i read these don't require 'priming' in the traditional sense and think maybe you are not prepping them properly? when i load a new one into a tank i will take short hits without hitting the button. as i do so i notice air bubbles coming out of the holes. as soon as it see that these bubbles have stopped i take a hit pressing teh button, but only a short one, then another, then another...by this time my tank is properly primed/prepped and have been working well but those first couple of short hits can be dry/burnt.

also, should you happen to flood it when prepping, unscrew it from the battery and blow lightly keeping a tissue touching the bottom of the carto. LIGHTLY...as soon as you see that no more juice is coming out, screw back on your battery and remove your drip tip. take some tissue and roll it up to fit down the tube and lightly/slowly twist to remove any excess down there. you will notice a plastic cap towards the middle that will prevent the tissue from going down too far...

hope this helps...

imind,
thanks for the reply!!
Yeah, I do the same......take a few "primer puffs" first, turn the voltage down at first then slowly increase the voltage. I have primed the cartos with a few drops right on top of the coils (past the plastic insert in the tube). Filled the tank and let it sit over night to prime.
I have done many different tricks and set ups.......but all of them taste bad??? I got ten of them, and I plan to use them all, but after 3 in a row are bad, these babys are sitting on the back burner for awhile!!!
appreciate the relply......keep vaping my friend!!

imind

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
cleveland
imind,
thanks for the reply!!
Yeah, I do the same......take a few "primer puffs" first, turn the voltage down at first then slowly increase the voltage. I have primed the cartos with a few drops right on top of the coils (past the plastic insert in the tube). Filled the tank and let it sit over night to prime.
I have done many different tricks and set ups.......but all of them taste bad??? I got ten of them, and I plan to use them all, but after 3 in a row are bad, these babys are sitting on the back burner for awhile!!!
appreciate the relply......keep vaping my friend!!
word...then my only advice would be to keep taking primer puffs until no more bubbles appear...

hope your experience improves...

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
I like clear ce3's. I thought, great, let me try these ce2 cartos! (Different vendor)

Used two out of the 5 I have.... Yuck and yuck!

They are now sitting in the bottom of my draw, as a backup (let's hope it never comes to that)

I have 'CE3 cartos' coming in soon, I have high hopes for those, at least I'm sure they will not be worse.

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
I like clear ce3's. I thought, great, let me try these ce2 cartos! (Different vendor)

Used two out of the 5 I have.... Yuck and yuck!

They are now sitting in the bottom of my draw, as a backup (let's hope it never comes to that)

I have 'CE3 cartos' coming in soon, I have high hopes for those, at least I'm sure they will not be worse.

"YUCK and YUCK"
Couldn't agree more!!!

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
I use the Elite CE3's form Alt-Smoke!!!
I love these little guys on my ego. Great taste, never leak and reliable vape every time!!
But thier not made for a carto-tank.:(

I know, this is what I have coming in this week
ALPHA GV PHOENiX Raven™ Tank 510 REPLACEMENT CARTO 2.4-2.6ohm [gv-PhoenixRaven-RepCarto-2.4-2.6] - $1.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Without calling it weird names, it's basically a CE3 for tanks.

imind

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
cleveland

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.

KraksK,

Those look nice!!! Let me know how you like them!!
I primarily use iKenVape Punched cartos for my tanks.....but they are so damn hard to get!!! I am down to like 10 and havent seen any available in awhile (supposed to be restocking soon) correcction: down to 6!!!
iKenVape has the best hitting, best tasting carto out right now (imo of course)....but I am always trying new products.
I have given up on following the "band wagoners", because I have found my tastes are apparently different than others (imagine that)???
So I am constantly trying and "field testing" hhhhhaaaa,hhhhhaaa different products!!!
If you are really impressed with those, Id like to know about them!! Shoot me a PM later, after you have had time to tr them!!:)

nathkiira

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
TN, USA
KraksK,

Those look nice!!! Let me know how you like them!!
I primarily use iKenVape Punched cartos for my tanks.....but they are so damn hard to get!!! I am down to like 10 and havent seen any available in awhile (supposed to be restocking soon) correcction: down to 6!!!
iKenVape has the best hitting, best tasting carto out right now (imo of course)....but I am always trying new products.
I have given up on following the "band wagoners", because I have found my tastes are apparently different than others (imagine that)???
So I am constantly trying and "field testing" hhhhhaaaa,hhhhhaaa different products!!!
If you are really impressed with those, Id like to know about them!! Shoot me a PM later, after you have had time to tr them!!:)

i've been using the ravens from gotvapes ... can say from my personal experience they're great .. convenience of a tank carto without the filler taste

i've used them both in the tank they come with and in a 25mm pyrex tank

Cookster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2011
Fla-De-Da
I've been using the single coil 2.0ohm CE2 tank replacement cartos from Madvapes for the last 4-5 months, won't use anything else in a tank. If yours seems to be giving a burnt taste, it could be the plastic "cap" that covers the wicks. You can either use some forceps to pull it out of the cylinder, and re-seat it, or wiggle the cylinder off, using a rocking motion, and re-seat it. You can also cut some notches out by the wicks.

Hope this helps :)

imind

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
cleveland
i've been using the ravens from gotvapes ... can say from my personal experience they're great .. convenience of a tank carto without the filler taste

i've used them both in the tank they come with and in a 25mm pyrex tank
how long have these been lasting you on average? by either time or amount of juice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread